Jump to content

Anyone here cancel cable?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are the best options to get "a la carte" TV that includes all sports channels?  The Mets, Jets, and NY Rangers are my teams.  

I canceled cable about 5 years ago. I use IPTV. Theres plenty of options out there. Right now I use an alienstreams. It was $200 for the year for 3 connections. I get nfl ticket, MLB pass, nba pass, nhl pass, every college game. Also hbo showtime Cinemax starz etc. And every PPV. 

If your looking for something a little cheaper you could do streams for us. You get all the same channels except its only $80 for the year. I feel the quality is worse tho. Every channel on Alienstreams is in HD.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think he's into that stuff.  

Yeah sometimes sperm turns into kids.  5 times for me. 

Amazon fire tv or fire stick.  You can also stream games from crack streams or nflbite on any web browser. Haven’t paid a cable bill in 2 years.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok I stand corrected lol

150/150 Internet
3 Landlines (which we never use)
500+ Cable Channels
4 HD DVR’s

It’s a bundle.  And on the streaming side, each of the cable channels (HBO, STARZ, FOX, etc.) gives me a free app for iPhone/iPad/Apple TV because I pay Fios.  Despite this, I pay for Netflix, YouTube Premium (no ads and Cobra Kai), Disney+, Apple TV+, and Prime Video (comes with Amazon Prime but still). 

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I canceled cable about 5 years ago. I use IPTV. Theres plenty of options out there. Right now I use an alienstreams. It was $200 for the year for 3 connections. I get nfl ticket, MLB pass, nba pass, nhl pass, every college game. Also hbo showtime Cinemax starz etc. And every PPV. 

If your looking for something a little cheaper you could do streams for us. You get all the same channels except its only $80 for the year. I feel the quality is worse tho. Every channel on Alienstreams is in HD.

$200 for a year?! That's dirt cheap!  I have to look into this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've got a 9 yo daughter and a baby DWC Son on the way (March 7th expected due date) but wow you've got an entire basketball starting 5 lol that's awesome man congrats on a blessed and big family 💞

Damn a young Dad! Good for you . Mine are 19, 21, 23, 25 and 32 +1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I have the same question as I'm in the middle of moving. Unfortunately everybody has such a different set up, the options are endless. I don't even know where to start LOL

Yes I'm quoting myself cuz this is exactly what I mean browsing through this thread. Is it Hulu, is it Netflix, is it FiOS, DirecTV?

Seriously I've been raising kids by myself and after my mom passed away I'm a dinosaur LOL! It's impossible to keep up with all this s***!

So what is actually the best setup?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Apparently it didn't affect you..
IPTV shutdown image.jpeg.00ca9b7162c74aa590a8d86db1a9d425.jpeg   www.youtube.com

Featured snippet from the web

Streams for Us IPTV has apparently been shut down permanently. Streams for Us was a popular IPTV service that provided users with hundreds of live TV channels on their streaming devices. ... Over the past few weeks other popular IPTV services have also been shut down including Area 51, The Players Klub, and Universe IPTV.Sep 8, 2020
They are not shut down...not all of them anyway. Watching the Tyson fight tonight on one of them.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I have YTTV and they raised their prices to $65 a month. I love the unlimited DVR and access across every device but that was a pretty steep price raise. Wondering if I should drop it and move onto something else. 
T-mobile just started a TV streaming service that is cheaper. I haven't tried it yes but thinking about dropping YouTube after the price hike.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Not yet, but I hear good things about YouTube  TV.

I was paying way too much for cable, so I did a lot of research on the streaming boxes (I have the Roku Ultra and Amazon Cube, because they have Ethernet connections, and I don't have to rely on WiFi strength). I have to keep cable for internet service because it's the only game in town, but I have cut the cord with cable TV. and I do YouTube +live, and I've saved $160 a month. We share Netflix, AmazonPrime, Hulu with other family members, so that's nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Apparently it didn't affect you..

IPTV shutdown
image.jpeg.00ca9b7162c74aa590a8d86db1a9d425.jpeg
 
www.youtube.com

Featured snippet from the web

Streams for Us IPTV has apparently been shut down permanently. Streams for Us was a popular IPTV service that provided users with hundreds of live TV channels on their streaming devices. ... Over the past few weeks other popular IPTV services have also been shut down including Area 51, The Players Klub, and Universe IPTV.Sep 8, 2020

I have 3 and they are fine.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

$200 for a year?! That's dirt cheap!  I have to look into this.

20201128_212751.thumb.jpg.1126d7a42088eb2e94de0ec7fd3115fc.jpg

thats nfl package. If you look above the games there's a scroll bar that shows 41 channels for college. 59 MLB channels 37 ppv channels. etc. Etc.

20201128_212716.thumb.jpg.67e2e383edad60570b2eb19d02192b10.jpg

Hbo and sh*t

20201128_212805.thumb.jpg.3eea1a896e6e8f4e137af21668079526.jpg

This is the tyson Roy Jones ppv

20201128_213825.thumb.jpg.535c299efe05fcb1e965a5c49a853540.jpg

They also have thousands of movies.

20201128_213748.thumb.jpg.64cf0196daca7facbe9078049a5660c5.jpg

this is tenet which isn't even out on DVD yet.

 

If you got questions PM me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

cut cable for the last 5 years, decided to grab YouTube TV for $65 per month. Unlimited DVR and all the channels I watch or on it. Really happy with the quality. Prior to that I was using various IPTV services for like less than $10 per month with varying results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IPTV is the way to go. Get you one of those Mag 424 box off eBay for about $90. The seller can hook you up with service too. It ranges from $60 to $120 a year. If you need my guys info, he charges $60 a year. I’ve got like 10 different devices setup from him for fam and friends. Get all the new movies, all channels across pretty much every major country in the world, and every sports game you would be interested in watching (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, European soccer etc). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

20201128_212751.thumb.jpg.1126d7a42088eb2e94de0ec7fd3115fc.jpg

thats nfl package. If you look above the games there's a scroll bar that shows 41 channels for college. 59 MLB channels 37 ppv channels. etc. Etc.

20201128_212716.thumb.jpg.67e2e383edad60570b2eb19d02192b10.jpg

Hbo and sh*t

20201128_212805.thumb.jpg.3eea1a896e6e8f4e137af21668079526.jpg

This is the tyson Roy Jones ppv

20201128_213825.thumb.jpg.535c299efe05fcb1e965a5c49a853540.jpg

They also have thousands of movies.

20201128_213748.thumb.jpg.64cf0196daca7facbe9078049a5660c5.jpg

this is tenet which isn't even out on DVD yet.

 

If you got questions PM me.

You use an app or android box? What’s the name? I use Mag 424 box with Cobra subscription. 
 

and I have same Cam print for Tenet. Been waiting for it. Unhinges, Antebellum and Spell were good movies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

You use an app or android box? What’s the name? I use Mag 424 box with Cobra subscription. 
 

and I have same Cam print for Tenet. Been waiting for it. Unhinges, Antebellum and Spell were good movies. 

The app i currently use is alienstreams and I just use a firestick. Hows the mag 424? I hear its amazing. For me personally  I haven't had any issues with the firestick, so I never felt the need to upgrade.

Ive found that most iptv services are pretty similar. Some work better than others. How does cobra stack up with other services you've used? 

I haven't watched tenet yet but I'm pretty hyped to check it out. Everything christopher Nolan makes is amazing. Except Dunkirk. Dunkirk sucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The app i currently use is alienstreams and I just use a firestick. Hows the mag 424? I hear its amazing. For me personally  I haven't had any issues with the firestick, so I never felt the need to upgrade.

Ive found that most iptv services are pretty similar. Some work better than others. How does cobra stack up with other services you've used? 

I haven't watched tenet yet but I'm pretty hyped to check it out. Everything christopher Nolan makes is amazing. Except Dunkirk. Dunkirk sucked.

I liked Dunkirk. Mag is really good but your app seemed better. Greener grass for both of us lol. I’ve tried 6-7 different services within Mag and they’re all pretty good. You just need a responsive service guy in case there’s an issue. On my Mag, I have two portals so I use two different services. All give the pretty much the same stuff except if one goes down, the other would still work and it has happened a few times. Overall I’d say everything works 97% of the time. Might be down 5-10 days out of a year here n there so no biggie. I still have Directv. Kids like the DVR feature. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I liked Dunkirk. Mag is really good but your app seemed better. Greener grass for both of us lol. I’ve tried 6-7 different services within Mag and they’re all pretty good. You just need a responsive service guy in case there’s an issue. On my Mag, I have two portals so I use two different services. All give the pretty much the same stuff except if one goes down, the other would still work and it has happened a few times. Overall I’d say everything works 97% of the time. Might be down 5-10 days out of a year here n there so no biggie. I still have Directv. Kids like the DVR feature. 

Alienstreams has a built in dvr. Anything you record goes onto a cloud upto 50 gigs i think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I still have cable but I only keep it for sports, good question. I don’t get all Jets games bc I’m in CT, I’ll PM you a free app you can watch all games. I don’t want to promote it too much in public forum bc I don’t know if it’s under the radar and would get squashed if became too popular 

Hey could you please pass that info along this way, just signed up for internet only looking for alternatives as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Problem I always run into is that you still need an internet line.  

Yup. I have a college student and high school student distance learning at home so cable broadband internet is life right now lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have DirecTV with 3 hd receivers, whole-home DVR and pay within 10 bucks of every cord cutter I've discussed the options with.  Even pay less than a few.  If you are willing to play the game with DirecTV once a year, you can get good prices.

Same.  I pay like $80 a month all in for a 4K receiver and 2 HD receivers, whole home DVR, have HBO, Stars, Showtime and they gave me the NFL ticket for free this year.  I'm in sales and talk on the phone all day every day..  I call them every 6 mos or so, speak their language, and they give me deals. 

I looked into all cord cutting options and I can't beat what I have when you throw in the free NFL ticket.  Plus I spent a lot of money building my home theater so I'm not keen on many of the streaming options which have a lesser picture quality and no dolby surround options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I canceled cable about 5 years ago. I use IPTV. Theres plenty of options out there. Right now I use an alienstreams. It was $200 for the year for 3 connections. I get nfl ticket, MLB pass, nba pass, nhl pass, every college game. Also hbo showtime Cinemax starz etc. And every PPV. 

If your looking for something a little cheaper you could do streams for us. You get all the same channels except its only $80 for the year. I feel the quality is worse tho. Every channel on Alienstreams is in HD.

wow $10 bucks a month amazin - I pay $138 for internet and tv and another 110 for cell phone - I could try this and get fios internet since i have their cell phone service for $55 and get another $10 off internet and $10 added monthly to the next phone since i'm already a customer. Could save $65-75 monthly - DAMN THANKS

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Apparently it didn't affect you..

IPTV shutdown
image.jpeg.00ca9b7162c74aa590a8d86db1a9d425.jpeg
 
www.youtube.com

Featured snippet from the web

Streams for Us IPTV has apparently been shut down permanently. Streams for Us was a popular IPTV service that provided users with hundreds of live TV channels on their streaming devices. ... Over the past few weeks other popular IPTV services have also been shut down including Area 51, The Players Klub, and Universe IPTV.Sep 8, 2020

And It wont either cause once they take one service down 5 more pop up. 
 

paid $135 for year of service and 5 connections my self after dropping cable back in march. Works perfect with my apple tvs.

 

all i pay monthly is $80 a month for gigabyte internet  from fios

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...