College game day Nov. 28th

Beerfish

Have not been overly impressed. Also that was a BS targeting call. He’s a runner and the guy never launched in any way. 

Before you try to burn down my house DWC I think Lawrence is the best prospect in this draft. Just not seeing the generational thing yet, which is where I think @JiF is at as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheMo said:

Have not been overly impressed. Also that was a BS targeting call. He’s a runner and the guy never launched in any way. 

Before you try to burn down my house DWC I think Lawrence is the best prospect in this draft. Just not seeing the generational thing yet, which is where I think @JiF is at as well. 

Not impressed? He's putting up an absolute CLINIC against the 8th ranked Defense within the Country!

He's been away from the playing field in live action for over 1 month now and how does he shake off the rust? 

To the tune of...

12/16 (.750%), 208 passing yards with 2 TD's/0 INT's and 31 points during the 1st quarter (Clemson All-Time 1st Q record) against the #8 Defense within the Nation. 

If that's not impressive I'm not sure what is because after 1 Q because he's on pace for 832 passing yards 8 TDs/0 INTs and 124 points lol

But yes what's most impressive about him is he's like a Tom Brady robot within the pocket just the way he gets rid of the ball quicky and absolutely dissects defenses is scary. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This MSU QB is a model of efficiency....in one regard.  

D4ACA066-DBA6-4A05-8D84-C90DF3184C9D.thumb.jpeg.35fc0a987a02be2e50b8c2f49a855d17.jpeg

I tried telling everyone how every year over the past 15 years NW's coach in Fitzgerald ranks anywhere from 80th to 110th in offensive yardage every season.

He's the opposite of what Trevor Lawrence needs as a young gun QB. 

@JiF where you @? 

We all know how much you're in love with the Heisman ? 

Did you not hear the announcers just commentate while announcing and making it known that throughout the first 6 weeks (before Trevor got sick) how he was the #1 Front-Runner for the Heisman Award? 

Now I want Trevor to once again get red hot ? and win the award (just) so I can see your reaction ??‍♂️?

18 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Brand. Excommunicate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

So that throw. Was that a great throw or a great reception? Because the WR had to slow down and created separation with right arm in my eyes. Props to Lawrence for giving his guy a chance though. I see these types of throws from him a lot.

That was a great catch but an even better pass this kid has an A++ rocket arm. 

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That was a great catch but an even better pass this kid has an A++ rocket arm. 

It was 60 yards in the air. So I’ll second the great throw. The kid caught it one handed while pushing with his other hand. That catch was nuts.

One of the reasons I’m hesitant to think of him as a generational talent, is his deep ball. But I need to go back and look  at that again because I may be thinking he’s under throwing 60 yard bombs which is hard not to do even for guys with cannons. I didn’t factor how long the throws were.

45 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Trevor is just fun to watch . 

Super fun so fun to the point he's literally the only reason making our 2020 Tank for Trevor Lose fit Lawrence season "fun" because without a hope for Trevor #1 overall we'd be hopeless right now. 

We've only had the #1 overall pick throughout the history of drafting (I believe) two times. 

Trevor is making this exciting for me. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not impressed? He's putting up an absolute CLINIC against the 8th ranked Defense within the Country!

He's been away from the playing field in live action for over 1 month now and how does he shake off the rust? 

To the tune of...

12/16 (.750%), 208 passing yards with 2 TD's/0 INT's and 31 points during the 1st quarter (Clemson All-Time 1st Q record) against the #8 Defense within the Nation. 

If that's not impressive I'm not sure what is because after 1 Q because he's on pace for 832 passing yards 8 TDs/0 INTs and 124 points lol

But yes what's most impressive about him is he's like a Tom Brady robot within the pocket just the way he gets rid of the ball quicky and absolutely dissects defenses is scary. 

Saw him miss some throws that were totally on him with open receivers and threw a few that were basically the receiver catching a hospital ball/making amazing adjustments when the ball was behind. He also made some great throws(that long ball was BEAUTIFUL) and I think he does a good job with the cerebral part of the game. He’s just not on Andrew Lucks level of going through progressions etc.

He’s still my number one in this draft. Would take him over fields based off his superior body of work and larger sample size of success. Again not being generational as a prospect is fine. Doesn’t mean you suck lol. Hell mahomes coming out did not look generational. Also extrapolating statistics is a fools errand, it’s how people on this forum continue to justify darnold being awesome, “but if you take this 4 game stretch, it would XYZ for a full season”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So Pitt is the 8th ranked defense? 
Tells u all you need to know about grading college players. Thank God we have Joe Douglas. We’ll need him after this strange NFL & College season. 

Yes #8 defense and 4th in defensive INT's. 

But to be fair this is the first time they've played and faced a John Elway/Peyton Manning type of generational QB prospect first hand (Notre Dame and Miami's QBs fail in comparison). 

4 hours ago, Joejet said:

I don’t follow Florida football much so I’ll ask those of you who do; is Trask as good as he looks, and does Pitts have a fumbling problem or was that a one off?

Matt Miller had a recent article about him on bleacher report.  Sounds like there’s a buzz about him and I recall Miller saying he sees him going in the second round, possibly late first. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Yes exactly, all I’ve been saying.  Kids great.  Happy to have him.  Generational?  No 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Saw him miss some throws that were totally on him 

You're going to nitpick despite 15/23 (66.6%) with 300 1st half passing yards?!? 

392577307_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.2c27df1f1dcb588aff3c7eb270e4fe0f.jpg

And the reasoning why he's considered generational is because there have only been 2 QB's All-Time to complete the #1 trifecta of being

1.) Ranked as the #1 player within the entire Country coming out of High School. 

2.) Ranked as the #1 NCAA player within the Nation. 

3.) Went onto become drafted #1 overall into the NFL. 

John Elway. 

Peyton Manning. 

And Trevor Lawrence will become (only) the 3rd to complete the #1 trifecta (ever, All-Time). 

And once you compare his NCAA statistical dominance to that of Peyton Manning's statistical dominance you'll then realize he's been ever more dominant than even Peyton Manning was @ Tennessee (and that's scary to comprehend). 

He also became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Title dating back to 35 years ago of 1985 STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. 

YES. HE IS GENERATIONAL (as a QB Prospect). 

21 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good, I get to watch the Iron Bowl now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of a game either.   

This is the probelm with college football right now.  It is the era of the Superteam.  Clemson, Bama, to a lesser extent Ohio State.  Every once in a while another team crashes the party.  LSU last year, maybe ND this year.  Most weeks, these teams are not challenged.  Used to be Auburn-Alabama was one of the marquee games of the college season.  Now, it just another mismatch.   Bama beat a 5th ranked A&M by 28.  Beat 3rd ranked Dawgs by 17.  Will probably be similar when they go against the Gators in the SEC Championship.

Clemson has the one loss to ND without Lawrence.  Will be some intrigue for the rematch.  But that is the only game that matters for Clemson right now.  Lawrnece looks good tonight, but he has clean pcokets, open receivers.  The defenses cannot make it tough on TL. 

I want to see good games.  Not superteams beating the snot out of overmatched opponents in glorified exhibitions.

End of rant.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're going to nitpick despite 15/23 (66.6%) with 300 1st half passing yards?!? 

392577307_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.2c27df1f1dcb588aff3c7eb270e4fe0f.jpg

And the reasoning why he's considered generational is because there have only been 2 QB's All-Time to complete the #1 trifecta of being

1.) Ranked as the #1 player within the entire Country coming out of High School. 

2.) Ranked as the #1 NCAA player within the Nation. 

3.) Went onto become drafted #1 overall into the NFL. 

John Elway. 

Peyton Manning. 

And Trevor Lawrence will become (only) the 3rd to complete the #1 trifecta (ever, All-Time). 

And once you compare his NCAA statistical dominance to that of Peyton Manning's statistical dominance you'll then realize he's been ever more dominant than even Peyton Manning was @ Tennessee (and that's scary to comprehend). 

He also became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Title dating back to 35 years ago of 1985 STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. 

YES. HE IS GENERATIONAL (as a QB Prospect). 

You are going to be soooo disappointed when we win a game and Jacksonville takes Lawrence #1.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not much of a game either.   

This is the probelm with college football right now.  It is the era of the Superteam.  Clemson, Bama, to a lesser extent Ohio State.  Every once in a while another team crashes the party.  LSU last year, maybe ND this year.  Most weeks, these teams are not challenged.  Used to be Auburn-Alabama was one of the marquee games of the college season.  Now, it just another mismatch.   Bama beat a 5th ranked A&M by 28.  Beat 3rd ranked Dawgs by 17.  Will probably be similar when they go against the Gators in the SEC Championship.

Clemson has the one loss to ND without Lawrence.  Will be some intrigue for the rematch.  But that is the only game that matters for Clemson right now.  Lawrnece looks good tonight, but he has clean pcokets, open receivers.  The defenses cannot make it tough on TL. 

I want to see good games.  Not superteams beating the snot out of overmatched opponents in glorified exhibitions.

End of rant.

He hasn't had a clean pocket he's been sacked multiple times and hurried/pressured even more times (but still made great throws and timely decisions). 

And when you get your hands on a Watson/Lawrence type of elite QB prospect? This is what happens. 

But remember it hasn't always been like this for Clemson. Trust me, I'm an FSU and ACC fan; I know Clemson football.

They aren't a historically legendary  Football Program (Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Nebraska or even FSU over the years) ala they've only won 3 National Championships All-Time (been around since the late 1800's) one came in early 80's (80-81 season) and the other two only came under Watson/Lawrence. 

However elite QBs like Watson/Lawrence make them appear as a legendary Football Program (but they never were). 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm not worried because Jax will beat the overrated Browns @ home in Jacksonville tomorrow come 1:00 while Mayfield craps the bed. 

I hope that you are right but I struggle hitching my wagon to Mike Glennon.