Is Lance the Next Mahomes?

JetBlue

Just asking the question....   I was watching some of his film and I think this kid could be the steal of the draft depending on where he is picked.  I know a lot can happen between now and the draft and he certainly hasn't helped himself by only playing one game, but this guy's skill set is tailor made for todays modern NFL.   He looks like bigger, better passing version of Lamar Jackson.  

If the Jets don't get the first pick, I would seriously consider trading down a few picks and taking Lance at say 4 or 5, and getting nice haul in picks if possible.   Then depending on how Sam does the rest of the season, I would bring him back to compete and hopefully win the job so that Lance can sit and watch for at least half a season.  He does not need to be thrown in right away.  Now if Darnold really plays well we have a nice problem in that, we can trade Sam and get maybe a 1st round pick.   We roll into the next season with Lance having half a season under his belt and another crap load of picks to continue to build around him.   I really like this scenario but my only fear is that some team takes Lance ahead of us or trades the pick to team looking to move up.    Of course if we do get the 1st pick then we really have to take TL (unless he decides he doesn't want to play for us).  It would be almost criminal not to.    That said, I like the fact that we do have options going forward and don't have to freak out if we win a game or two.   It might actually work in our favor when all is said and done.