Lions fire Patricia and Quinn

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

McCarthy had Aaron Rogers, Harbaugh had Keapernick. 
He found the best ways to use Colin. 

If he is such a QB guru explain to me how he has been unable to develop a single college QB while at michigan? 

Explain why he didn't have the talent evaluation ability to recruit a top QB prospect 

Why are we supposed to ignore years of failure at michigan?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So Detroit will get a nice leg up on teams like the jets for the head coach search.

"Leg up?"

Detroit is just about the only team worse than the Jets on prospective coaches pecking order and that's only because it's cold in Detroit.

SAR I

58 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

There is NO WAY Gase survives.

Gase survives unless a) he loses the locker room or b) Lawrence gets word out that he won't play for him.

Other than that, losing is part of the plan during this tear-down rebuild and Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  Doing an excellent job of flushing out the players that aren't going to be here in 2022 when we're ready to compete again.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase survives unless a) he loses the locker room or b) Lawrence gets word out that he won't play for him.

Other than that, losing is part of the plan during this tear-down rebuild and Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  Doing an excellent job of flushing out the players that aren't going to be here in 2022 when we're ready to compete again.

SAR I

And they’re Corona Virus free!

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So Detroit will get a nice leg up on teams like the jets for the head coach search.

HOW?  They can't talk to anyone currently under contract.  

Maybe if they are looking at an NCAA coach.  Might be interested in Hardon as both a HC and GM, which will be another disaster. 

• Upvote 1

The Lions can fire their coach in season yet, as by far the worst team in the league, Adam Gase continues to be on the Jets sideline every week after relinquishing play calls, sans when he has one of his sudden thoughts of brilliance and takes them back. 

It's like someone that hands over the play station controller to their friend because they cant beat this team, only to go "oh let me run this play!" And yank it back when the friend gets to 1st and goal. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think the Jets aren't talking to college coaches already?  The Pat Fitzgerald scoop suggests otherwise.  Gase being here doesn't make any difference on that front.

I don't know this to be true personally, but I know an Iowa State booster who says the Jets are already circling Campbell.  He wouldn't have direct knowledge either, but that's some scuttle out of Ames.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If he is such a QB guru explain to me how he has been unable to develop a single college QB while at michigan? 

Explain why he didn't have the talent evaluation ability to recruit a top QB prospect 

Why are we supposed to ignore years of failure at michigan?

1) You should look over the QBs who played for him at Michigan, only one worth a damn was Patterson who transferred after 2 years at Ole Miss but was returning from a torn PCL when he joined Michigan

2) Do you think he didn't have an eye for talent or could it be top QB recruits just chose other schools? Not to mention this is not an issue in the NFL since you draft players.

3) 47-18 before this season & 5 straight bowl games isn't exactly a failure. His record against ranked opponents is not what you'd like but I'd gladly take it over the last decade of Jets football.

I'm not even a big Harbaugh fan but to discount his time at Michigan while not giving him props for his time at Stanford seems wrong.

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think the Jets aren't talking to college coaches already?  The Pat Fitzgerald scoop suggests otherwise.  Gase being here doesn't make any difference on that front.

This is the jets we are talking about so there is a good chance they are not talking to anyone, maybe doing a but of cursory research.  The johnsons fancy themselves as 'classy guys' so they are not going to go into a full search mode until the season is over.  If they are in full search mode there is zero reason not to have fired gase already.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know this to be true personally, but I know an Iowa State booster who says the Jets are already circling Campbell.  He wouldn't have direct knowledge either, but that's some scuttle out of Ames.

The Jets requested to interview him in 2018 and he declined.

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets requested to interview him in 2018 and he declined.

Well aware.  That doesn't mean he'd decline again.  Lots has changed since 2018. In addition to that Campbell would have been a very long shot even if he interviewed, so that's a hard sell going back to recruits and convincing them you are going to be there for 4 years.

The reality of the situation is Campbell won't stay at Iowa State for the long haul.  Iowa State knows this.  

The ultimate question is what job does he really want?  NFL?  Michigan? Texas?  A different college job that opens up in a year or two?  I don't think anyone quite knows yet. Most people think Ohio State is his dream job, but that's likely not available anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

After seeing what Harbaugh did with Keapernick, I’d like him here with Lawrence or Fields. 
He took his 49ers team into New England when they were nearly unbeatable & won. 

It was really Roman who did that with the QB's IIRC. 

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

HOW?  They can't talk to anyone currently under contract.  

Maybe if they are looking at an NCAA coach.  Might be interested in Hardon as both a HC and GM, which will be another disaster. 

I'm sorry, what did you say his name was?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

On the PFW football show they were talking about coaches on the hot seat & they called Patricia a week before he was axed. They went on to say Marrone will be fired, but Gase will be most likely coming back ?. So SAR 1 maybe onto something here? Pretty shocking that a coach setting an organization record with maybe going 0-16 won't be fired but that's where we got the word Jetsy, as in IT WAS A VERY JETSY MOVE TO BRING BACK THE 0-16 GASE.