Lions fire Patricia and Quinn

Rhg1084

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're almost always wrong. It's honestly quite impressive that you manage to push on without ever questioning your own opinions given the frequency of failure. Your abilities are truly Gasian

Harbaugh won...in the NFL. This may shock you, but the Jets are actually in the NFL and are not a college team. So why would you discount his success in the NHL or his previous success in college and pretend like all of the sudden him consistently winning at Michigan means he's not a good coach?

Yeah, hes won a Stanley Cup but can he win a Lombardi?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

NCAA is exactly who i am talking about.

Theyre not working now?

And its was reported that the Jets have reached out to at least one coach, so?  Not getting where we cant reach out just because it cant be public.  

Theres no advantage 

Just now, section314 said:

Name me a worse job than coaching the Lions. It doesn't exist.

No youre right, it really is.  

Crappy team that never, ever wins and what's worse no one really cares.  

Also they wasted having Stafford all these years 

It was my bad, thought you were saying it about the Jets job.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wrong.

People care about the Knicks, they play in front of a sold out arena.  Win here and its magical, nothing compares to the Garden rocking 

when was the last time the Garden rocked 20 years ago ? The Knicks are easily the biggest laughing stock in all of sports and its not even close. Its a damn shame too.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase survives unless a) he loses the locker room or b) Lawrence gets word out that he won't play for him.

Other than that, losing is part of the plan during this tear-down rebuild and Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  Doing an excellent job of flushing out the players that aren't going to be here in 2022 when we're ready to compete again.

SORE I

Bullsh*t du jure.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wrong.

People care about the Knicks, they play in front of a sold out arena.  Win here and its magical, nothing compares to the Garden rocking 

People care about the lions. 

Dolan is toxic 

90 percent of the players in the league were too young to ever remember the garden rocking 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

when was the last time the Garden rocked 20 years ago ? The Knicks are easily the biggest laughing stock in all of sports and its not even close. Its a damn shame too.

You need to go to Knick games, the place is filled up with die hards crying out for a winner.  I know they've sucked but if they start winning, damn play near .500 ball the place will explode again.  

It is a shame, theyre such great fans

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

People care about the lions. 

Dolan is toxic 

90 percent of the players in the league were too young to ever remember the garden rocking 

Who cares about the Lions?  

I've been at the Garden in this horrid run and the place is chanting "defense" in games for a team that has no clue about defense.  Sad

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

On the PFW football show they were talking about coaches on the hot seat & they called Patricia a week before he was axed. They went on to say Marrone will be fired, but Gase will be most likely coming back ?. So SAR 1 maybe onto something here? Pretty shocking that a coach setting an organization record with maybe going 0-16 won't be fired but that's where we got the word Jetsy, as in IT WAS A VERY JETSY MOVE TO BRING BACK THE 0-16 GASE. 

We had the worst roster in the NFL in July.

It got worse with trades, opt-outs, and injuries by August.

It was officially a tank and a mulligan by Week 4 with the cuts and trades.

I think everyone in the NFL except a few Jets fans understands that this is a multi-year teardown and rebuild and that Gase and Douglas are only in Year 1.

SAR I

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think you have beem to the Bronx  ever in your   entire life, certainly  not recently       

Yankees game 2x a year for the past 30 years.  And my limo driver had to use the Major Deegan when the Harlem River Drive was at a standstill once too.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We had the worst roster in the NFL in July.

It got worse with trades, opt-outs, and injuries by August.

It was officially a tank and a mulligan by Week 4 with the cuts and trades.

I think everyone in the NFL except a few Jets fans understands that this is a multi-year teardown and rebuild and that Gase and Douglas are only in Year 1.

SORE I

The essense of SORE I  

In psychology, rationalization refers to our attempt to logically justify something that is illogical or unacceptable, by resorting to some lame, but seemingly plausible reason but not an excuse. Like several other defense mechanisms, even rationalization works at the unconscious level to help us ward off unpleasant feelings associated with cognitive dissonance, i.e., situation arising from conflicting attitudes, beliefs, or behavior.

2BEA8645-7CAC-4F42-A533-AB49DF5D124B.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Remember boxing out?  Hard fouls for anyone coming down the lane?  lol  

I loved how much fun it was when someone tried to come through the lane and were met by the the X man or Charles Oakley or Anthony Mason?  If not Ewing

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I loved how much fun it was when someone tried to come through the lane and were met by the the X man or Charles Oakley or Anthony Mason?  If not Ewing

Man, how great were those Knicks games with X, Oak and "Mase in yo face" policing the lane?  So much of a fun game for the fans to watch, especially us in the stands.  Now, It's all jumpers from the three-point line and beyond.  I really appreciate their skill.  But the game is not what it once was in terms of intensity.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Man, how great were those Knicks games with X, Oak and "Mase in yo face" policing the lane?  So much of a fun game for the fans to watch, especially us in the stands.  Now, It's all jumpers from the three-point line and beyond.  I really appreciate their skill.  But the game is not what it once was in terms of intensity.

Yeah now it’s unwatchable whereas back then it was fun to watch them grind it out. Admittedly back then offense was lacking and it could get tiresome watching teams struggle to put up offense but I’d absolutely take it over what the NBA has become.  They need to move the 3 point line way back (or possibly get rid of it altogether) to discourage it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yeah now it’s unwatchable whereas back then it was fun to watch them grind it out. Admittedly back then offense was lacking and it could get tiresome watching teams struggle to put up offense but I’d absolutely take it over what the NBA has become.  They need to move the 3 point line way back (or possibly get rid of it altogether) to discourage it. 

Back in the 70s, with the influx of great offensive players from the ABA, you had both.  I still think Pistol Pete would have put up 100/game today.   

And I'll never forget going out to the Nassau Coliseum to watch the Dr. J and the Nets in their ABA days.  Dude, the friggin' pre-game dunking drill was insane.  Larry Keenan, Dr. J., John Williamson, Ollie Taylor and a bunch of other guys were a mile over the rim and throwing down monster dunks.  

• Upvote 1

For all of us who want a GM with full authority, this is an example of why that does not work either a lot of the time.  

The Lions over hired Bob Quinn, and gave him too much authority to hire a coach.  He went back to the Patriots and hired Patricia, who was not a head coach.  

Quinn is actually an ok personnel guy.  The word I heard was that Quinn was fired because he hired Patricia.   Quinn will find another job, likely Director of Scouting or a GM job that just focuses on personnel, for now.  I don’t think he is in the Maccagnan Camp of never employable in the NFL again.

Patricia will also find a job as a DC again.  I would hire him next year, to be honest.  

The Fords are up there with the Johnsons in football incompetence.  The Fords cannot be making any real football decisions, and need to delegate to real football people football decisions.  So the right structure for the Lions was a GM and HC reporting to a HofFO, and the HofFO, with advice of the GM, would find a new HC.  

I know it sounds ludicrous to many people, including myself, and is classic Peter Principle/Promote Incompetence, but I can see Gase becoming more of a Football Executive. Honestly, it would be a job that would actually pay less than the GM and HC reporting to him.  But he is a smart guy, and I can see him saying smart things to the Johnsons and Hymie.  He just appears to lack in putting together game plans, developing an offense and QBs, and managing player health and fitness.   I know others will have difference views of the prior sentence, but I think the statistics of Gase’ 5 years of HC speak for themselves.  

50 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets are a joke of an organization and no one of any consequence wants to coach here or play here, and it's 100% because of ownership.  They are clueless, gutless, hacks.  

Pure fantasy.

McCarthy wanted no job unless it was the Jets

Ruhle wanted the job

Who didnt want the job?

There are 31 other jobs in existence and only a handful come open a year, usually all because the teams suck and in some fans minds one job is the one that no one wants to come to Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota, Jacksonville wherever are dream destinations.  

Coaches looking to get a HC gig in the NFL will turn down any team.  That really is as pointless an argument and belief as there is in sport.