Lions fire Patricia and Quinn

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think 3 HCs have been fired already this  year but somehow not Adam Gase, who is worse than all of them.

Yet another rotten piece of fruit falls from the Belichick poisoned tree.   

Man is holding a LAMINATE call sheet and a pencil.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure fantasy.

McCarthy wanted no job unless it was the Jets

Ruhle wanted the job

Who didnt want the job?

There are 31 other jobs in existence and only a handful come open a year, usually all because the teams suck and in some fans minds one job is the one that no one wants to come to Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota, Jacksonville wherever are dream destinations.  

Coaches looking to get a HC gig in the NFL will turn down any team.  That really is as pointless an argument and belief as there is in sport.  

Any smart negotiator will express interest in  "big market" teams to jack up their price tag to the team they actually want to work for.  The list of GM's and HC's the Jets have HAD over the last 10+ years is as far as you need to look. 2nd and 3rd tier bums with either no experience or a crappy resume.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

It’s bad up there.  Michigan is one big mess. Ever been to Ann Arbor?  Looks like the Bronx. 

SAR I

Ummm, never been there but heard good things about Ann Arbor over the years.  Over past 12 months Ann Arbor's per capita income, (2018 dollars) is $40K, 25% over the national stat of $32K. Median household income and poverty rate was about average.

Are you sure about that Bronx comparison?

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Any smart negotiator will express interest in  "big market" teams to jack up their price tag to the team they actually want to work for.  The list of GM's and HC's the Jets have HAD over the last 10+ years is as far as you need to look. 2nd and 3rd tier bums with either no experience or a crappy resume.

OK, if it works for you. keep telling yourself that.

Rex was a legit coaching prospect.  Bowles was the top HC prospect, Macc was a top GM prospect.  They wanted a HC with NFL experience after that and it was Gase or McCarthy.  Turns out they both suck.  They all wanted the Jets job

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I went to Ann Arbor a couple of times for work in 2017.  It is exactly like the Bronx, if you mean Wave Hill. 

LOL, I worked marketing Dominos Pizza when Monaghan owned the Tigers.  Went to Detroit and it was exactly like the  Bronx.  Was harassed as soon as we stepped out of the ride.  It was scary sitting in the owners club box.  Good times

• Upvote 1

Funny thing about Patricia is that I hated him when he was on the Patriots.  The camera kept coming back to him all the time, guess he was being mentioned a lot as a head coach prospect.  Watching the Jets-Pats games usually was bad enough already, having to see that big fat bearded guy up on my screen all the time was too much.

Yet, after he went to Detroit,  my hatred started ebbing away.  Maybe it was the fact that Detroit never seems to get anywhere  no matter who their coach is, but I began to actually cheer for him a little.  Guess my sympathy for players and coaches stuck with the Lions overcame my hatred for the Patriots.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, I worked marketing Dominos Pizza when Monaghan owned the Tigers.  Went to Detroit and it was exactly like the  Bronx.  Was harassed as soon as we stepped out of the ride.  It was scary sitting in the owners club box.  Good times

I went to the old Tiger Stadium for one of the last games.  I don't recall it being in Ann Arbor. 

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I went to the old Tiger Stadium for one of the last games.  I don't recall it being in Ann Arbor. 

Yes Dominos was centered in Ann Arbor, good call.

But Detroit was a far different stop along the way

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No youre right, it really is.  

Crappy team that never, ever wins and what's worse no one really cares.  

Also they wasted having Stafford all these years 

It was my bad, thought you were saying it about the Jets job.  

They didnt waste stafford. Stafford is one of the biggest problems with the team. 

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

They didnt waste stafford. Stafford is one of the biggest problems with the team. 

Says no one. 

Hes a talented QB but being on the Lions under appreciated

6 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Because nobody cares about the lions enough to even discuss him. Stafford is a loser. A stat compiler like kirk cousins.

No what it is, is that because no one cares about the Lions they dont talk enough about how good a QB he is.  If he were on a winning team he would be

I love the "yeah he puts up great numbers but" reason to discount great numbers.  Or that hes a compiler.  Or to compare him to Cousins.

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No what it is, is that because no one cares about the Lions they dont talk enough about how good a QB he is.  If he were on a winning team he would be

I love the "yeah he puts up great numbers but" reason to discount great numbers.  Or that hes a compiler.  Or to compare him to Cousins.

Kirk Cousins actually has a better career QB rating than Stafford.

Stafford isnt part of a winning team because he is the QB.

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Stafford is ryan Fitzpatrick with a bigger arm. Might as well call him Stat Padford. You cant win with him.

After they both retire they should open up the law firm of Stafford & Fitzpatrick to represent other overrated NFL quarterbacks

• Haha 1

Jets only team in the league that won't fire a destructive abomination during a season. Probably because so few candidates want to work for them they feel compelled to give a gentlemen's agreement that the candidate won't suffer the indignity of a mid-season firing.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's been a complete failure in college. If he can't win in college I'm not sure why people want him here. 

So much of college football is recruiting. There is no recruiting in the NFL. I’ll weigh his NFL success much heavier than his mediocre NCAA record.

• Upvote 1