Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetsrule128

LB Patrick Onwuasor Goes Back To IR

Recommended Posts

Onwuasor (6-0, 227) was activated off injured reserve Nov. 18 after sustaining a non-contact knee injury in training camp. He took eight snaps on special teams against the Chargers in Week 11 and sustained a hamstring injury
 

not a good season for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like him and Murray are on a rotation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Onwuasor (6-0, 227) was activated off injured reserve Nov. 18 after sustaining a non-contact knee injury in training camp. He took eight snaps on special teams against the Chargers in Week 11 and sustained a hamstring injury
 

not a good season for him 

YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK

GOOD BYE! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar thing happened to Mims, right? And others?

Injured or on IR for a while, come back and within 2 weeks sustain a hamstring injury.  It’s ridiculous.  Joe Douglas has a sh*tshow of a training and medical staff here.  They can’t manage player health.  A mountain of objective and subjective data speaks to this.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

Similar thing happened to Mims, right? And others?

Injured or on IR for a while, come back and within 2 weeks sustain a hamstring injury.  It’s ridiculous.  Joe Douglas has a sh*tshow of a training and medical staff here.  They can’t manage player healt.  A mountain of objective and subjective data speak to this.

people persist with this fantasy that injuries are due to training staff...    

every single year it happens to different teams.   so whats the difference betwen this year and last yr in San Franciso? luck.

same staff.

its malarkey. its bunk. its ******* ignorant.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

people persist with this fantasy that injuries are due to training staff...    

every single year it happens to different teams.   so whats the difference betwen this year and last yr in San Franciso? luck.

same staff.

its malarkey. its bunk. its ******* ignorant.

Go look up Minnesotas injury history and tell me if you still believe. Training staff, regimen, field, nutrition are all huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note to Self: No more signing Ravens' free agent linebackers

No surprise to see Murray signed with all the OL injuries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

people persist with this fantasy that injuries are due to training staff...    

every single year it happens to different teams.   so whats the difference betwen this year and last yr in San Franciso? luck.

same staff.

its malarkey. its bunk. its ******* ignorant.

Setting a single season record for IR guys last year.  Following it up with almost no WRs in Week 1 and injuries up and down the roster.  The Jets have a pattern and it isn't a good one.

What's ignorant is thinking "it happens to everyone" or that it's completely random or bad luck.  No.  It isn't.

It's like saying turnovers are random and every year it happens to different teams.  It doesn't.  Now I can't tell you if turnovers and injuries are 70/30 player fault vs. staff fault or something like 30/70 or even 50/50.  But I can tell you neither are completely "random."

And regarding SF, no, it's not luck.  They were injured last year too.  They have a pattern just like the Jets and the Jaguars.  Look it up.  The Jets put a total of 28 players on IR last year (1st in NFL), SF had 22 (4th).  That was a non-COVID season.  This year the data gets messy because of the COVID-IR situation but you see the same teams.  SF has 39 players so far (1st), the Jets have had 25 (8th).

 

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Go look up Minnesotas injury history and tell me if you still believe. Training staff, regimen, field, nutrition are all huge.

Bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Icer said:

Only missed 2games over the last 3 years and all of this one basically

Yup,  And how did CJ Mosley do for all the years in Baltimore.  How has he done here?  How did he do when the Jets medical, training and coaching staff  determined he was ready to play again vs. New England last year?  That's two ILB's taken from Joe Douglas' old stomping grounds in Baltimore.  I think they've played a grand total of something like 2 games.

How about Becton injuring a shoulder, coming into a game a week later for an injured Chuma Edoga (a guy who seems to be never not injured) and then getting hurt again almost immediately?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Seriously.   F---- Ravens linebackers!

After C.J Mosley quit on his teammates I sometimes tell myself that i hope to never see him line up as a Jet ever again (but I know that's a self-made lie). 

Because on the opposite side of the spectrum I feel I could be judging him too much and maybe he just needed 2020 as an off-season year away from the game in order to regain previous form of 2018 before getting injured last season of 2019.

He'll be 29 come next year of 2021 and I'm hopeful that Trevor Lawrence becomes a Jet in order to rejuvenate our entire Franchise, C.J Mosley as well because even if we receive an 85% of what he once was I can't lie;

watching him Middle Lineback behind a 3rd year Quinnen Williams up front could become really fun to watch up until his contract expires especially if taking 2020 off has helped him regain his previous fire and passion for the game. 

First game as a Jet recorded an INT returned for a pick-six (yes, I'd love him back). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

After C.J Mosley quit on his teammates I sometimes tell myself that i hope to never see him line up as a Jet ever again (but I know that's a self-made lie). 

Because on the opposite side of the spectrum I feel I could be judging him too much and maybe he just needed 2020 as an off-season year away from the game in order to regain previous form of 2018 before getting injured last season of 2019.

He'll be 29 come next year of 2021 and I'm hopeful that Trevor Lawrence becomes a Jet in order to rejuvenate our entire Franchise, C.J Mosley as well because even if we receive an 85% of what he once was I can't lie;

watching him Middle Lineback behind a 3rd year Quinnen Williams up front could become really fun to watch up until his contract expires especially if taking 2020 off has helped him regain his previous fire and passion for the game. 

First game as a Jet recorded an INT returned for a pick-six (yes, I'd love him back). 

See.  This is why I am going to have a heart attack before the end of the season.  Imagining all these players we could add IF we get the big TL.  The day Trevor goes up to the podium in a Jets hat. Then CJ calls Joe Douglas and say "So.  When is training camp?"  But he'll only be only IF that happens.  Look at the Chargers players with Herbert.  Even in losing they have hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

See.  This is why I am going to have a heart attack before the end of the season.  Imagining all these players we could add IF we get the big TL.  The day Trevor goes up to the podium in a Jets hat. Then CJ calls Joe Douglas and say "So.  When is training camp?"  But he'll only be only IF that happens.  Look at the Chargers players with Herbert.  Even in losing they have hope.

I'd imagine that an elite top 5-7 WR (despite crappy QB play throughout his career) would sign with the Jets to play for Trevor Lawrence within a heartbeat.

And just think of all the possibilities we could have with our Seattle pick and the first pick of the 2nd round while heading into a draft with Trevor Lawrence, Allen Robinson, Denzel Mims and Mekhi Becton already penciled in on our offense. 

Under those circumstances I'd really think about using our Seattle pick + our two 3rd rounders in order to trade up into the draft and land a can't miss TE prospect in Kyle Pitts because truth be told I've never seen a TE prospect as freakish as him heading into a draft. 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

WR1: Allen Robinson.

Slot; Jamison Crowder. 

TE: Kyle Pitts. 

WR2: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Najee Harris (2nd round). 

Forget about those two 3rd rounders because who wouldn't sign up for an offense like that as long time suffering offensive deprived Jet fans?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrick Onwuasor

The NY Jets announced that they have placed linebacker Patrick Onwuasor on Injured Reserve. The team signed Onwuasor in the offseason to a one-year two million dollar contract. He was injured in training camp, was recently activated to the roster, but only saw the field in limited action before getting injured again. Jimmy Murray (OL) has been promoted to the active roster.

We have placed LB Patrick Onwuasor on IR and signed OL Jimmy Murray to the active roster.

📰 https://t.co/DDeNNGXdRQ

— New York Jets (@nyjets) November 28, 2020

The Jets have signed OL Jimmy Murray to the active roster and placed LB Patrick Onwuasor on injured reserve.

Murray (6-5, 305) was elevated to the active roster from the practice squad for the Jets’ Week 3 game against the Colts and was signed to the active roster Oct. 10. He was waived Nov. 3 and re-signed to the practice squad. He signed a reserve/future deal with the Jets on Dec. 30 and spent training camp with the Green & White before he was cut and signed to the practice squad. Murray originally signed with the Chiefs in 2018 as an undrafted free agent out of Holy Cross, landed on Kansas City’s practice squad and was eventually promoted to the active roster where he played in two games.

Onwuasor (6-0, 227) was activated off injured reserve Nov. 18 after sustaining a non-contact knee injury in training camp. He took eight snaps on special teams against the Chargers in Week 11 and sustained a hamstring injury. Nicknamed Peanut, he signed with the Jets in the offseason after four seasons with Baltimore where he totaled 234 tackles — 17 tackles for loss — 9.5 sacks and 19 quarterback hits. He also had 15 special-team tackles.

You can read more about Patrick Onwuasor in our forums.

The post Jets Place LB Patrick Onwuasor on IR appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ODwWZ_l9Sj0

Click here to read the full story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd imagine that an elite top 5-7 WR (despite crappy QB play throughout his career) would sign with the Jets to play for Trevor Lawrence within a heartbeat.

And just think of all the possibilities we could have with our Seattle pick and the first pick of the 2nd round while heading into a draft with Trevor Lawrence, Allen Robinson, Denzel Mims and Mekhi Becton already penciled in on our offense. 

Under those circumstances I'd really think about using our Seattle pick + our two 3rd rounders in order to trade up into the draft and land a can't miss TE prospect in Kyle Pitts because truth be told I've never seen a TE prospect as freakish as him heading into a draft. 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

WR1: Allen Robinson.

Slot; Jamison Crowder. 

TE: Kyle Pitts. 

WR2: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Najee Harris (2nd round). 

Forget about those two 3rd rounders because who wouldn't sign up for an offense like that as long time suffering offensive deprived Jet fans?

That is one hell of an offensive lineup! Holy sh*t! 

Allen Robinson-Mims-Crowder-Pitts- Harris 

Id keep Perriman as the #4 if possible, speed, power, quickness all over the field! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Losmeister said:

people persist with this fantasy that injuries are due to training staff...    

every single year it happens to different teams.   so whats the difference betwen this year and last yr in San Franciso? luck.

same staff.

its malarkey. its bunk. its ******* ignorant.

Great post. It's a contact sport, and guys get hurt. If half the people who rag on this kind of stuff ever left their basements, they might understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...