Peace Frog’s Fantasy Offseason and  Draft Screnario

Peace Frog

Fire Adam Gase Sunday Night January 3rd. Do not wait till Black Monday. 

Immediately interview Eric Bieniemy then don’t hire him. Get that nonsense out of the way. 

Hire Greg Roman as HC. Fall backs are Pete Carmichael or Brian Daboll. Then (and his age and inexperience concern me) Joe Brady. 

Convince Greg Williams to remain as DC. Yeah he's sucked this year but I think it's a lack of talent and zero offense to keep his depleted players fresh.  With my main FA move, CJ Mosely, Daphne Zuniga and Onwusuwar healthy and another year for Bryce Huff and a more seasoned secondary, I think he could re-work some magic.  

Highest priority FA signing Joe Thuney. 

Second highest priority FA signing Bud Dupree. 

Third highest priority FA signing is a lower level CB like a Michael Davis or Mike Hilton.

(Hey, it’s a fantasy, not suggesting either of Thuney or Dupree are Jet fans and dying to get here but these are the two guys to overpay). Not sure we’re getting any of the other high profile guys either (like Ju Ju or Hunter Henry or Aaron Jones or some of the old stars on the way down) because they aren’t shaking loose or because there are other suitors. Maybe an ILB and a backup OLineman. 

Our own FAs to retain:

Marcus Maye
Breshard Perriman
Brian Poole
Onwusawar
Basham 
Hewitt
Jenkins 1 more year
A few of the ERFAs the likes of Smith and Smtyh 

Now for the draft. The real fantasy. 

With the first pick in the draft the Jets TRADE that pick to the Jaguars for the number 2 pick, Jags 2021 2nd and 3rd round picks and Jags 2022 1st round pick. Jags take Trevor.  

With the second pick in the draft the Jets TRADE that pick to the Cowboys (who will end up third and aren't signing a broken Dak for $40 million)  for the number 3 pick (I still think they end up picking 3rd), Dallas' 2021 2nd and 3rd round pick and Dallas' 2022 first round pick. Dallas picks Fields.

So the Jets have the 3rd pick, the roughly 24th-26th pick from Seattle, the first, second and third picks of the second round AND the first, second and third picks of the third round. Maybe the 24th-26th pick of the third round. First picks in rounds 4 and 5 and roughly the 5-8 pick in the 5th from the Giants, first in 6th (I think) and first in the 7th. 

And FOUR first round picks in 2022. 

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Jets select Penei Sewel. Either LT or RT and Becton mans the other and we have HOF bookend tackles for the next decade. Thuney at RG, McGovern at LG and Fant, Edoga, GVR and Lewis as backups/depth. Center from draft (see below). 

The Jets trade the 24th-26th pick of the first round, the second pick of the second round, the 3rd pick of the third round and the 5th-8th pick of the 5th round for the 12th-14th pick of the first round and select Kyle Pitts TE Florida. If we need to throw in the third rounder from the Seattle baby ass trade in there I'm good with that.  Speed wide receivers on the outside with Mims, Perriman Smith and Smyth, 2 good slot receivers in Crowder and Berrios and now a massive athletic TE over the middle in the red zone. Watching all these TEs dominating and bailing out QBs and redzone production--this is the position we need to address more than WR.  Loved Herndon but he appears to be on drugs or something.  

Round 2 Pick 1 Creed Humphrey, Josh Meyers or Trey Hill. One of them will be there. The Oline is complete. 

Second pick goes to whomever we trade with for Pitts.

Round 2 pick 3 Travis Etienne (probably not there), Jarret Patterson (after today, maybe not) or Najee Harris.

Round 3 pick 1 pick Rondale Moore (probably won't be there), Kadarius Toney (fast playmaker), Tammarion Terry (another big athletic WR), Tylan Wallace (just a good route running football player) or Amon-Ra St Brown (yeah a USC WR)

Round 3Pick 2 Rondale Moore (probably won't be there), Kadarius Toney (fast playmaker), Tammarion Terry (another big athletic WR) or Tylan Wallace (just a good route running football player) or Amon-Ra St Brown (yeah a USC WR) (if it sounds like I've repeated myself, yeah, I have--I want MORE WRs)

Round 4, 5 and 6 fill out the roster.  Lazy but it's too random to predict.  

Round 7 Evan McPherson--f*ck hook nose Ficken.  

Oh yeah, and 4 first round picks in 2022.

If you don't like my picks, don't care.  Logging out until next draft.  

Btw, I think @munchmemory is Borgo.

Hey Borgo, what's up?
  • Thumb Down 3

One of your highest FA priorities is signing Bud Dupree coming off of an ACL injury who won't even be ready to play? No thnx. 

Instead of going after an Allen Robinson, JuJu, Godwin type of impactful WR?

And trading the #1 overall pick away and not drafting Trevor Lawrence?

That's almost as bad as passing on Dan Marino and selecting Ken O'Brien...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:40 AM, Rhg1084 said:

He’s had a big downfall this year. Lamar said the defense is shouting out the offensive plays at the line of scrimmage 

So a 4 game stretch where a limited QB says something and a decade of excellent production is washed away?  The job Roman did with Lamar Jackson by getting him to MVP level is enough.