Tyson Fight - who is going to watch it tonight?

Maxman

Well that was interesting enough..  Tyson looked pretty good and Jones was keen on keeping it close enough to avoid major damage.

While Tyson looked good, I think they can stop trying to sell Tyson V Fury.  At this point Fury or Wilder would obliterate Mike.

I would like to see Tyson V Butterbean tho..  I'd stream that for free errrrrrrrr buy that pay per view.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Kudos to everyone that paid $50 to watch a YouTube star beat up a washed up NBA player half his size and two 50 year olds fight to an exhibition draw. Next time just give me $25 and I’ll kick you in the balls. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Daww4HT5g7ig&ved=2ahUKEwiMmpvmhKftAhUvTDABHUWZC-kQ3ywwAHoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw1z6poW8Y6THG5QbOARXLQP

• Haha 1

I'm super impressed @ how much fight Tyson still has in him despite being almost 60 he still has that ferociousness within him and still strong and I loved seeing him bobandweave in the ring and I was impressed with Roy for just being able to last without going down. 

We all know Mike out punched him but it was awesome to see a draw because they were both winners tonight as it's not natural for two men in their 50s to punch each other and took heart and courage just to step into the ring against one another imo. 

I enjoyed it that was really fun for me to watch and lol I lost my friendly $20 because Mike didn't get a K.O within the first 3 rounds but after the draw decision my my wife's older brother gave me the $20 back and said I can't accept I was like nah keep it bro it's all fun and good nature so on his way out to get back home he literally tossed it into the ceiling fan ? ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

Well that was interesting enough..  Tyson looked pretty good and Jones was keen on keeping it close enough to avoid major damage.

While Tyson looked good, I think they can stop trying to sell Tyson V Fury.  At this point Fury or Wilder would obliterate Mike.

I would like to see Tyson V Butterbean tho..  I'd stream that for free errrrrrrrr buy that pay per view.

Nah, you don't wanna see that. Have you seen Butterbean lately? He can barely walk let alone box

EU_-B9iWkAMttvo?format=jpg&name=large

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Kudos to everyone that paid $50 to watch a YouTube star beat up a washed up NBA player half his size and two 50 year olds fight to an exhibition draw. Next time just give me $25 and I’ll kick you in the balls. 

Are you stuck in the 1990's or something?

Who still pays $ for PPV fights with all of this technology and internet access?

Wake up yo, it's now 2020;

And should really seriously go back and watch the movie Back 2 the Future in order to come and join the rest of us... Here in 2020. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, King P said:

And he was stupid for doing so, because that Youtuber actually has some boxing experience. Nate has none

Jake Paul is a legit tough dude. He has shown his face at MMA and boxing gyms and taken his licks. I doubt he ever does anything serious with it as he’s getting paid just fine doing this bullsh*t but the guy is respected in the gym. 

It was like watching those two old grizzled cantankerous neighbors who go after to teenage punk kids.  "You don't respect your betters.  I'm gunna get on this bad leg and kick your a-- !"  

It was like watching two of those guys attempt to get in shape and duke it out.  Tyson did look pretty good for 54 year old who hadn't trained in a couple od decades.  For whatever that's worth, Mike.

4 hours ago, TampaJet said:

Anyone confirm if the link posted above safe?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Any link like that isn't safe.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Tyson looked good, was in great shape. 

Totally agree, this is a very relative thing. Tyson could dominate the senior circuit. But 54 is 54, you aren't putting him in with an actual heavyweight in his 20's. No way.

Those videos of Tyson working out looked great. But looking fast on a video and in the ring are two different things.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you stuck in the 1990's or something?

Who still pays $ for PPV fights with all of this technology and internet access?

Wake up yo, it's now 2020;

And should really seriously go back and watch the movie Back 2 the Future in order to come and join the rest of us... Here in 2020. 

Dude, you aren't getting off to the best start here. If you want to hang around, take a chill pill.  That reference is from the 80's FYI.

• Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

It was like watching those two old grizzled cantankerous neighbors who go up to teenage punk kids.  "You don't respect your betters.  I'm gunna take this bad leg off and kick your a-- !"  

It was like watching two of those guys attempt to get in shape and duke it out.  Tyson did look pretty good for 54 year old who hadn't trained in a couple od decades.  For whatever that's worth, Mike.

Snoop's line in the beginning was great. It is like my two Uncles are fighting. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jake Paul is a legit tough dude. He has shown his face at MMA and boxing gyms and taken his licks. I doubt he ever does anything serious with it as he’s getting paid just fine doing this bullsh*t but the guy is respected in the gym. 

I wasn't sure about that until tonight. Everyone hates the guy so there were so many people rooting for him to lose. You can tell he is taking this serious, his is a Buffon with all the antics and I think he is calling out people he can't handle. But he was very impressive tonight.

Interesting to hear that he is respected in the gym though. He said he wants to fight McGregor lol.

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Feel sorry for Nate Robinson.  Hes never going to live that down.  NBA crowd is brutal.  He'll be a TNT cutaway highlight for Shaq and Chuck for years.

Two of his knockdowns won't treat him well on video. The 2nd one I think, where he was under the rope. But the final one, he just dropped. That think is already all over tiktok. That will live on for sure.

That is they downside of getting knocked out by a YouTube star. You are gonna go viral.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Tyson actually got robbed he knocked out Buster and the ref not only started the count late but also stopped his count while in the middle of counting. And also counted super slow (on purpose). 

In order to allow Buster an opportunity to get up (he really lost). 

Bring out a stop clock.

Tyson knocked him out for MORE than 10 seconds. 

Tyson was robbed (Boxing is corrupt like none other). 

His 10 count of Tyson was super fast too. 

Disgusting!

100% correct. 

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Feel sorry for Nate Robinson.  Hes never going to live that down.  NBA crowd is brutal.  He'll be a TNT cutaway highlight for Shaq and Chuck for years.

Part of me feels bad for Nate, 100% of me definitely hopes he's good health and spirits. Never wish to see another person seriously hurt.

But at the same time, part of my is shaking my head at the fact that he really challenged a guy to a boxing match when he has no boxing experience (there's a reason why they say "You don't play boxing"). And even worse is you had people thinking he was really going to win SMH.

But that's just a personal peeve of mine.. I myself have a little boxing experience (3 years) so stuff like annoys me a bit. Since fighting is one of the most natural activities we as humans partake in, everyone thinks they're an expert in fighting and overestimates they're ability to fight. Can't tell you how many people I've seen come to the gym thinking they're hot stuff, only to get their butts handed to them and ran out the gym. Definitely is a humbling experience.

Hope Nate learned a valuable lesson from this experience 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, King P said:

Part of me feels bad for Nate, 100% of me definitely hopes he's good health and spirits. Never wish to see another person seriously hurt.

But at the same time, part of my is shaking my head at the fact that he really challenged a guy to a boxing match when he has no boxing experience (there's a reason why they say "You don't play boxing"). And even worse is you had people thinking he was really going to win SMH.

But that's just a personal peeve of mine.. I myself have a little boxing experience (3 years) so stuff like annoys me a bit. Since fighting is one of the most natural activities we as humans partake in, everyone thinks they're an expert in fighting and overestimates they're ability to fight. Can't tell you how many people I've seen come to the gym thinking they're hot stuff, only to get their butts handed to them and ran out the gym. Definitely is a humbling experience.

Hope Nate learned a valuable lesson from this experience 

You mean he’s alive? I thought he killed him. He was hit so hard he went down and didn’t flinch - just booooom. He should have quit the first time he got knocked down. Nate was shocked when he got up and was thinking ‘man wtf was that - I gotta get out of here’ you could just see it in his eyes. 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He looks like he's spent the bare minimum amount of time in the boxing gym. For one, he drops his right every time he throws his left. 

Maybe I'm just a hater (I am). 

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Snoop's line in the beginning was great. It is like my two Uncles are fighting. Good stuff.

Wish Snoop would stop being worshiped by society. He's literally a murderer. 

Regarding the Tyson fight, they both looked okay, but Tyson was underwhelming, given the hype. Obviously, he was fantastic for a 54-year-old, but his training tapes made him look like his 20-year-old self. Was surprised at how athletic RJJ was, especially since losing his athleticism is what killed his career. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm no aficionado, but yea, it really seemed like Tyson didn't want to embarrass him

No, this is not correct. This is an effect of the Tyson mythology. He couldn't hurt him. These are two professional fighters that are the middle step between what they were and Robert Deniro kicking that guy in The Irishman.

Second, it is MUCH easier to land a body shot at close range than to land at distance, which is what Roy had to do, so of course Tyson was going to get the better of it. But there was never in a time in the arc of their careers where Tyson was a better fighter than Roy Jones. It never happened. 

Roy Jones was voted the fighter of the 90s, is ahead of Tyson on all time greatest fighter lists and to say that Tyson "didn't want to embarrass him" is silly; like he's some magic genie that can both try and yet not try to succeed too much.

6 hours ago, Pac said:

wait you actually thought this was a fight ?

42 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

He looks like he's spent the bare minimum amount of time in the boxing gym. For one, he drops his right every time he throws his left. 

Maybe I'm just a hater (I am). 

Wish Snoop would stop being worshiped by society. He's literally a murderer. 

Regarding the Tyson fight, they both looked okay, but Tyson was underwhelming, given the hype. Obviously, he was fantastic for a 54-year-old, but his training tapes made him look like his 20-year-old self. Was surprised at how athletic RJJ was, especially since losing his athleticism is what killed his career. 

Paul is legit

theres a lot of videos out with him sparring real pro fighters, and knocking a lot of them out

not any top contenders of course, but real fighters non the less

Robinson should’ve never been in there with him 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Paul is legit

theres a lot of videos out with him sparring real pro fighters, and knocking a lot of them out

not any top contenders of course, but real fighters non the less

Robinson should’ve never been in there with him 

Sparring isn't supposed to be about knocking down the other guy. Rarely do fighters ever go 100% in sparring. And, sorry to say, he's not legit. Kudos to him for putting some work in, but he's far from being a decent fighter. Drops his left hand constantly, doesn't use good leg/hip drive, his movement in the ring is very robotic. It's just not there yet. I'm sure he can become an okay fighter, but right now, he's just a douchebag that has put in a year of work.