Meltdown Safe Space

JTJet

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

when will that happen?

Not sure. But Trevor Lawrence alone wasnt going to change anything. 

Wake me up when we have a real leader in charge of the organization, THATS when you should have hope for change. Not the shiny new toy. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not sure. But Trevor Lawrence alone wasnt going to change anything. 

Wake me up when we have a real leader in charge of the organization, THATS when you should have hope for change. Not the shiny new toy. 

You think that there wont' be a domino effect? You think that anyone here was expecting Lawrence to fix it alone?

How do you build sustained success in the NFL? Have a great QB. Name a franchise that's done it differently in the last 40 years.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Anybody who is happy about this win doesn't care about this franchise at all. 

False. 

Some of us just believe that the answer is already on the team and we have a GIGANTIC amount of resources to support him starting next year. 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

You think that there wont' be a domino effect? You think that anyone here was expecting Lawrence to fix it alone?

The first domino is the coach, until that domino is knocked over, Lawrence is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How do you build sustained success in the NFL? Have a great QB. Name a franchise that's done it differently in the last 40 years.

Build a great Oline

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

All I can say is too many people simply refused to believe how hard it is to go winless in this league.  You have to be terrible and unlucky.  Through a season teams have duds all the time.  They also refused to actually acknowledge that the Jets were playing much improved ball the last 4 or 5 games overall.

People also refused to realize that the Jets ALWAYS screw the draft position with late meaningless wins.  Why would this year be any different?

The next thing is that IF the team wanted to go winless they should have fired Gase weeks ago, and mandated some positional changes.  Gase has known he is gone for weeks so he doesn'tgive a fig about the overall jets.

Jax could pull a miracle vs the bears.

It is disappointing not getting lawrence but absolutely not the end of the world.  Unless he destroys ohio state and then beats Bama and has great games he is just another highly touted QB and not some messiah.

At least this should reduce DWC fan boys posts at least for a few days.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

False. 

Some of us just believe that the answer is already on the team and we have a GIGANTIC amount of resources to support him starting next year. 

So based off his first 3 seasons of play,  and his 3/4 missed games per season you're ready to commit $25+ million to him for 2022? 

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

the patriots cheated......cheating wins

39 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm probably gonna out from this sport for a while. I sort of did over the Bowles years but this has genuinely left a different kind of bad taste in the mouth.

This franchise can do nothing right. It is cursed. Following them genuinely makes your life worse off. 

It’s kinda where I am right now.

I thought maybe things were actually falling our way for once in franchise history.

but this is nauseating right now.  

I’ll keep watching because I have nothing else to do right now, but I am more saddened by this than I’ve been in a while.

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

So based off his first 3 seasons of play,  and his 3/4 missed games per season you're ready to commit $25+ million to him for 2022? 

We will easily have the cap space and it HAS to be used. So why not? 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

That's not true. Top candidates turn down NFL coaching jobs every single year. That's such a fallacy. 

Money talks. 

I believe missing out on Lawrence may actually light a fire under Woody and Co. to actually open up the bank for a solid coach to take the heat off the organization for not securing the top pick. It's exactly how he would think. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Spending big in free agency always works out well. I can't think of any example where it hasn't. Cap space to sign your own good player is no way to build a team. 

Which Jets players are worthy of contracts this offseason besides Maye?

• Upvote 1