Meltdown Safe Space

JTJet

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Spending big in free agency always works out well. I can't think of any example where it hasn't. Cap space to sign your own good player is no way to build a team. 

Are you serious with this or? 

Just now, JTJet said:

Money talks. 

I believe missing out on Lawrence may actually light a fire under Woody and Co. to actually open up the bank for a solid coach to take the heat off the organization for not securing the top pick. It's exactly how he would think. 

Good point

It has been sounding like the Johnsons thought Trevor falling in their lap meant they could hire some lame assistant like Schottenheimer or Bienemy.

now they gotta actually try to get someone good

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Good point

It has been sounding like the Johnsons thought Trevor falling in their lap meant they could hire some lame assistant like Schottenheimer or Bienemy.

now they gotta actually try to get someone good

Exactly. 

This has always been Woody's type of thought process. Always. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All I can say is too many people simply refused to believe how hard it is to go winless in this league.  You have to be terrible and unlucky.  Through a season teams have duds all the time.  They also refused to actually acknowledge that the Jets were playing much improved ball the last 4 or 5 games overall.

People also refused to realize that the Jets ALWAYS screw the draft position with late meaningless wins.  Why would this year be any different?

The next thing is that IF the team wanted to go winless they should have fired Gase weeks ago, and mandated some positional changes.  Gase has known he is gone for weeks so he doesn'tgive a fig about the overall jets.

Jax cold pull a miracle vs the bears.

It is disappointing not getting lawrence but absolutely not the end of the world.  Unless he destroys ohio state and then beats Bama and has great games he is just another highly touted QB and not some messiah.

At least this should reduce DWC fan boys posts at least for a few days.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure even Richie Kotite's teams beat the Bills 3 out of 4 times his two seasons as the HC (and the Bills went to the SB both those seasons). Teams generally improve as the season progresses, even sh*tty ones. I'm not surprised the Jets won today and I won't be surprised if Jax finishes 3-13.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

We didn’t think there was any way possible woody could hire someone worse than Todd Bowles

True. I'm just saying, the stench of this season PLUS losing the 1 spot, that's going to get under the dudes skin like nothing ever has. 

Time to hire an absolute game changer of a coach to offset the sh*tty year. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Which Jets players are worthy of contracts this offseason besides Maye?

I'm not saying they have them, but you have to draft most of your best players. The top free agents each season and spending big money in free agency have a low success rate. The Jets drafting Lawrence and drafting good players then using the space to re-sign players is how you compete year and year out. You can complement a roster with free agents, but this silly idea that having cap space means you can go out and sign a bunch of big deals and be good has worked out rarely. 

Spending money to spend money and getting saddled with bad contracts when your good players come due is no way to win in the NFL. 

On 12/6/2020 at 4:17 PM, JTJet said:

Not at the level that will happen if we lose out on T Law. 

However things end up, if the NYJ do not draft Lawrence, and he ends up being a dominant player while the NYJ are not competitive next year, I will walk away from the franchise, life is too short to spend on this kind of garbage.

I watch sports to be entertained, and am old and mature enough to know that my team will not win the title every year, but to sacrifice an entire season to then pick up a meaningless win like this, is unforgivable.

Some of the blame for the NYJ situation overall has to lie with the league, who has failed to step in as other leagues have when inept, incompetent owners have mismanaged their franchise, either forcing a sale or for a 3rd party to step in and oversee operations.  That they have allowed this cancer of an organization to continue to frustrate its fan base to this degree, for the last 35-40 years, is incomprehensible and irresponsible of the league.

Admittedly, I have not paid much attention the last several years and am not much of a fan anymore anyway, but at this point I'd feel no guilt about switching to another team. I have little memorabilia left, and after 50+ years of ineptitude I think I've earned it.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not saying they have them, but you have to draft most of your best players. The top free agents each season and spending big money in free agency have a low success rate. The Jets drafting Lawrence and drafting good players then using the space to re-sign players is how you compete year and year out. You can complement a roster with free agents, but this silly idea that having cap space means you can go out and sign a bunch of big deals and be good has worked out rarely. 

Yes you are 100% correct. 

So if we follow that logic (which is correct), we shouldnt overspend on FAs. The problem being we HAVE to meet the cap number, so we have to spend it on people. So go ahead and pay Darnold. 

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Money talks. 

I believe missing out on Lawrence may actually light a fire under Woody and Co. to actually open up the bank for a solid coach to take the heat off the organization for not securing the top pick. It's exactly how he would think. 

So your plan is to offer enough money over all the other team looking for head coaches that they'll decide to come to the Jets? This seems like reality.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan_always said:

However things end up, if the NYJ do not draft Lawrence, and he ends up being a dominant player while the NYJ are not competitive next year, I will walk away from the franchise, life is too short to spend on this kind of garbage.

I watch sports to be entertained, and am old and mature enough to know that my team will not win the title every year, but to sacrifice an entire season to then pick up a meaningless win like this, is unforgivable.

Some of the blame for the NYJ situation overall has to lie with the league, who has failed to step in as other leagues have when inept, incompetent owners have mismanaged their franchise, either forcing a sale or for a 3rd party to step in and oversee operations.  That they have allowed this cancer of an organization to continue to frustrate its fan base to this degree, for the last 35-40 years, is incomprehensible and irresponsible of the league.

Admittedly, I have not paid much attention the last several years and am not much of a fan anymore anyway, but at this point I'd feel no guilt about switching to another team. I have little memorabilia left, and after 50+ years of ineptitude I think I've earned it.

i don't believe you remake GIF

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So your plan is to offer enough money over all the other team looking for head coaches that they'll decide to come to the Jets? This seems like reality.

We have enough draft picks and cap capital to lure anyone. 

Whether you think it or not, most in NFL circles believe Darnold is still good/salvageable. So they will come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes you are 100% correct. 

So if we follow that logic (which is correct), we shouldnt overspend on FAs. The problem being we HAVE to meet the cap number, so we have to spend it on people. So go ahead and pay Darnold. 

I world give $25 million to Flacco for 1 year over Darnold for 1 year and it's not close. 

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Whether you think it or not, most in NFL circles believe Darnold is still good/salvageable. So they will come. 

Let's see how this plays out and where the top candidates go then. I'm sure "NFL circles", the ones you're intimately connected with, have it right. Darnold is much more enticing then

1. Lawrence

2. Watson

3. Herbert

4. Matt Ryan

5. Matthew Stafford

So.. Darnold over Lock and Trubisky maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh, as if people did not feel bad enough, I also think by beating the Rams we put the Seahawks back into 1st place in their div.

It also made the 2nd Jax got from the Rams a better pick. 

32 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Anyone who thinks Darnold is good/salvageable is a drunk, delusional or both. Why would anyone root for this win? Nothing make me more angry then old washed up Gore pumpin his fist becuse he was so excited. So that wash up is going to leave the Jets, go elsewhere and not even think once about the Jets going forward. This was a selfish win. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

Anyone who thinks Darnold is good/salvageable is a drunk, delusional or both. Why would anyone root for this win? Nothing make me more angry then old washed up Gore pumpin his fist becuse he was so excited. So that wash up is going to leave the Jets, go elsewhere and not even think once about the Jets going forward. This was a selfish win. 

Stop. 

There is nothing selfish about a team of guys coming together and NOT completely folding during the end of a season like this. It's a borderline miracle that the team is competing at this point. 

The only thing selfish is fans rooting against the team.

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Stop. 

There is nothing selfish about a team of guys coming together and NOT completely folding during the end of a season like this. It's a borderline miracle that the team is competing at this point. 

The only thing selfish is fans rooting against the team.

The rams lost, there’s nothing that smells like a win here. You’re in denial. What did they win? Respect? Please, this game will be forgotten by morning. There’s nothing attractive about the Jets to anyone. Lawrence was a lure.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

The rams lost, there’s nothing that smells like a win here. You’re in denial. What did they win? Respect? Please, this game will be forgotten by morning. There’s nothing attractive about the Jets to anyone. Lawrence was a lure.

No denial. I've been talking about this scenario literally all season.