So is Quinnen still a bust?

Philc1

You didn't know every draft pick has to be a HOF their first year or they should retire. Seems like people would be more happy that QW would perpetually suck rather than him become good, just to say "I told you so." n Let's be clear:  There is no universe where QW being horrible is good for the Jets or this fanbase. Super happy he's looking like the player we thought we were drafting!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, gotta finish the tank.  Him leaving will only give the team a better chance to win.

Dowell Loggains can produce the same results he is right now, so I agree and think he should be fired tonight. I can’t stand seeing him on the sidelines anymore. 

32 minutes ago, PS17 said:

These defensive team celebrations after every turnover are so cringey

Seriously.  At what point did the entire NFL decide that defensive teams need to celebrate by all running to the end zone and stylin'?  The NFL used to be the "No Fun League" but that was when the celebrations actually had something to them.  Now it's just a boring ritual.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Let your play do the talking. I'm looking at you, Jamal. Well, I'm not really looking at you because you talked yourself out of town; but the point stands. 

But, this thread isn't about "Jamal Adams". 

Please stay on topic. 

JetNation; after QW's emergence as a Jet you begin to appreciate his Alabama highlights so much more (he's an animal). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But, this thread isn't about "Jamal Adams". 

Please stay on topic. 

JetNation; after QW's emergence as a Jet you begin to appreciate his Alabama highlights so much more (he's an animal). 

You're right. The thread is suddenly somehow about you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's yet to complete his 2nd NFL season but yet he's already an NFL top 5 DT/NT within the trenches... 

Top 5 seems a bit lofty to me but ok.  Still doesn’t help that he was drafted 3rd overall. I expected this his first down on the field.  That’s why it’s taking me so long to come around on him.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Top 5 seems a bit lofty to me but ok.  Still doesn’t help that he was drafted 3rd overall. I expected this his first down on the field.  That’s why it’s taking me so long to come around on him.

He's without question (already) a top 5 DT/NT. 

Amongst all DT's-NT's:

2nd in Tackles for Loss (10) behind only Aaron Donald (11).

3rd in total tackles (41) behind only Sheldon Richardson (42) and Jonathan Allen (45). 

3rd in Sacks (5.0) behind only Aaron Donald (9.0) and Chris Jones (5.5). 

Not only is he a top 3 DT/NT as only a 2nd year player but his first two years of play is currently on pace of being just as impressive as Warren Sapp's first two seasons of NFL play;

Quinnen Williams: 23 games. 

69 total tackles, 7.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles. 

Vs. 

Warren Sapp: 31 games. 

77 total tackles, 12.0 sacks, can't find tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles. 

Quinnen Williams believe it or not is currently exceeding expectations and he's becoming so much fun to watch out there within the trenches.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

So a Macagnan player just outplayed every player JD brought in this year....

My oh my some heads are about to explode. 

Had the thought watching the HoF career Mahomes is writing , Maccagnan really doesn't get enough grief for passing on him. In fact, he deserves to be punched in  the face. Every day. Repeatedly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's without question (already) a top 5 DT/NT. 

Amongst all DT's-NT's:

2nd in Tackles for Loss (10) behind only Aaron Donald (11).

3rd in total tackles (41) behind only Sheldon Richardson (42) and Jonathan Allen (45). 

3rd in Sacks (5.0) behind only Aaron Donald (9.0) and Chris Jones (5.5). 

Not only is he a top 3 DT/NT as only a 2nd year player but his first two years of play is currently on pace of being just as impressive as Warren Sapp's first two seasons of NFL play;

Quinnen Williams: 23 games. 

69 total tackles, 7.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles. 

Vs. 

Warren Sapp: 31 games. 

77 total tackles, 12.0 sacks, can't find tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles. 

Quinnen Williams believe it or not is currently exceeding expectations and he's becoming so much fun to watch out there within the trenches.

Is he a top 5 DT or a top 5 NT, I was always under the assumption they are different positions.  And stats can paint any picture you want.  If he performed like this when he was over drafted last season, no one would be doubting him. 

• Upvote 1