Is Adam Gase trying to get fired?

Alka

Watching the game today, it seemed to me that the play calling was like what you would see in high school football.  You're inside the 50 yard line after a turnover, and you run Gore up the middle for 2 yards.  You're 0-10 with nothing to lose, and it just feels like Gase isn't trying to win the game.

It makes the statement by Chris Johnson that he feels that Gase is a "genius on offense" seem so disrespectful to Jets fans.

The defense played well enough, but it is obvious that Gase has nothing to do with the defensive side of the ball.

Gase knows he is gone, so perhaps he with his guaranteed contract is just trying to get fired now, so he doesn't have to coach this team for the rest of the season.

Does anyone buy into this?

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

If Gase was trying to get fired he would play Flacco and try to win a game. He's being a good soldier because it's the only chance he's got of keeping this job or getting another.

He can't possibly keep his job.  Firing Gase is the ultimate "no brainer".

• Upvote 2

Gase is either in on the tank or is just so bad that he is the perfect coach for a team trying to lose. 

We get turnovers and he insta desigs a run up the middle for Gore. 

Biggest play of the game, a 4th down in the Fish RZ (give or take) and he just hands the ball to Gore to run up the middle. Before someone says, "but Gore had a couple of good runs", remember 2/3 of those good runs came when the clock was running out in the 1st half and the fish were trying to prevent the pass so he had wide open lanes. And as per typical gase, those running plays let the clock run out and forced us to kick a FG with time running out. 

The only thing that makes these games bearable to watch is that the outcome is what we all want.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

By far the worst coach in the league in all phases.

worst in league for he likes for players and plays

worst for offensive scheme

worst for game planning

worst for play calls

No one is even close.

You left out in game adjustments.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If I'm Gase, I play the martyr role here for my next job.  "I was taking the team to where football is going, but ran Gore 20 times to help JD out in 2021"... #Teflon 

Only if his interviewer has the initials SAR

• Haha 2

Now that we're safely past the MIA trap game, I think we should grant his wish and send him home for a 2-year paid vacation.  My dislike for him has grown beyond what it was for Bowles, which was mountainous.  I don't have a good adjective for how much I despise seeing Gase and Loggains on the sideline.

• Upvote 2