Hey SAR

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We will never have great talent as long as Gase is here because no players will want to play here

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 and three years later won the Super Bowl.

Players go where there is stability.  It's the Jets revolving door that is the problem.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Players go where there is stability.  It's the Jets revolving door that is the problem.

SAR I

Horrible example, absolutely horrible. 

That 1-15 season from Jimmy Johnson was during his first NFL season ever as a head coach. 

By the time Jimmy completed his 5th NFL season he was already a 2x NFL SB winning championship Head Coach with a winning record of 44-36 (following a 12-4 SB winning season during his 5th year). 

Compared to Adam Gase who's now in his 5th year with 0 SBs and will have an NFL losing record by the time he completes his 5th year here in 2020 of 30-49 (.379%) (following an 0-16 disaster of a 5th year). 

And before Dallas he was an absolute legendary Miami Hurricanes legend (52-9). 

Jimmy Johnson was an NCAA/NFL head coach for a combined 19 years with only 4 losing below .500 seasons (winning season percentage of .789%) when in comparison to Adam Gase who's already had 4 losing seasons of below .500 football and hasn't even completed his 5th year yet (winning season percentage of only (.125%). 

Please SAR, please don't never disrespect the game by ever comparing "Gase" to a Jimmy Johnson (never ever again). 

Jimmy Johnson's 4th/5th year(s) NFL HC record = 25-7 (2 SBs). 

Adam Gase's 4th/5th year NFL HC record = (soon to be) 7-25 (0 playoffs). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is in on the tank.  He was authorized an encouraged by Christopher Johnson to lose today.

The concept is to get Trevor Lawrence while playing just well enough to not have a locker room revolt.  Mission accomplished 11x.

SAR I

I don't know how anyone else can explain the Castillo move, some of the play choices, or the fact that Gase is still employed. 100% in on the tank and he is pulling it off spectacularly. 

This is the type of situation that the Jets usually **** up gloriously but holy hell I don't wanna jinx anything they just might get it finally. Gase is the man.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know how anyone else can explain the Castillo move, some of the play choices, or the fact that Gase is still employed. 100% in on the tank and he is pulling it off spectacularly. 

This is the type of situation that the Jets usually **** up gloriously but holy hell I don't wanna jinx anything they just might get it finally. Gase is the man.

Exactly.

Not sure why people are going crazy today.  How was this loss any different than the others?  We don't have good players, they play as hard as they can, and we lose because we don't have good players.

This isn't rocket science.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Horrible example, absolutely horrible. 

That 1-15 season from Jimmy Johnson was during his first NFL season ever as a head coach. [snip]

No one cares about college football.

Jimmy Johnson is an example of a coach whose team, fans, and ownership had every right to turn on him after an awful 1-15 season and instead the team was patient, the owner turned a deaf ear, and the fans took their medicine and were rewarded in the long run.

Suck it up, buttercup.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one cares about college football.

Jimmy Johnson is an example of a coach whose team, fans, and ownership had every right to turn on him after an awful 1-15 season and instead the team was patient, the owner turned a deaf ear, and the fans took their medicine and were rewarded in the long run.

Suck it up, buttercup.

SAR I

Why did you leave out and ignore the rest? 

Here, once again...

Horrible example, absolutely horrible. 

That 1-15 season from Jimmy Johnson was during his first NFL season ever as a head coach. 

By the time Jimmy completed his 5th NFL season he was already a 2x NFL SB winning championship Head Coach with a winning record of 44-36 (following a 12-4 SB winning season during his 5th year). 

Compared to Adam Gase who's now in his 5th year with 0 SBs and will have an NFL losing record by the time he completes his 5th year here in 2020 of 30-49 (.379%) (following an 0-16 disaster of a 5th year). 

Jimmy Johnson was an NFL head coach for a combined 9 years with only 2 losing below .500 seasons when in comparison to Adam Gase who's already had 4 losing seasons of below .500 football and hasn't even completed his 5th year yet...

Please SAR, please don't never disrespect the game by ever comparing "Gase" to a Jimmy Johnson (never ever again). 

Jimmy Johnson's 4th/5th year(s) NFL HC record = 25-7 (2 SBs). 

Adam Gase's 4th/5th year NFL HC record = (soon to be) 7-25 (0 playoffs). 

Don't run away from these NFL coaching facts, buttercup. 

gettyimages-78309529-612x612.jpg.a700d1d07218f88c206dad7397b32ee9.jpg

pg2_a_johnson_aikman_300.jpg.c7044b0dda3314bc272e7252d2ff3c66.jpg

Fans and players loved Jimmy Johnson (because he loved his players) compared to Gase who is hated by us fans and his players...

sptn_adam_gase_1014-scaled-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.3e199c74faf9787f30d91e8e91b8addf.jpg

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The problem right now is losing, not the revolving door. You don't  keep the giy responsible  for the game plan, and.calling thebplays if all he does is lose. This tank thing is for the fans. The players and.coaches are not tanking.

• Upvote 1

Gase will 100% a detriment to free agents wanting to join the Jets. What's the point of having money if the coach is looked at as a bimbo & the organization doesn't get rid of a proven loser? 

Look at Arizona, they didn't waste time firing a 1 year coach, moving on from their QB (Rosen), and picking Kyle Murray with the 1st pick in the draft.

They are the blueprint if the Jets wind up with Trevor Lawrence. Why would you allow Adam Gase to teach Trevor Lawrence his horrible offensive schemes to then have to undo that, bring in a better coach & have Trevor learn an entirely new offensive scheme? 

There is no way on gods green earth that is the way Joe Douglas allows this to go down. The Jets get the 1st pick, JD calls Gase & says, "I think you understand we can't bring you back", and Gase let's out a huge sigh of relief, walks away with a boatload of money and goes the way of Bates until some other idiot yanks him out of the basement (the good old boy network) and gives him an OC job. 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

Not sure why people are going crazy today.  How was this loss any different than the others?  We don't have good players, they play as hard as they can, and we lose because we don't have good players.

This isn't rocket science.

SAR I

Is that why Gase has to lie about calling the plays?  Because he’s in on the tank?

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The problem right now is losing, not the revolving door. You don't  keep the giy responsible  for the game plan, and.calling thebplays if all he does is lose. This tank thing is for the fans. The players and.coaches are not tanking.

You're kinda sorta missing the part where this roster is incapable of winning with insurmountable injuries, the pretend franchise quarterback busting, and an over-the-hill backup quarterback for half the games.

The gameplan and playcalling don't matter.  When you've got a three-legged horse you aren't winning any races.

SAR I

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Logic is hard. Apparently it isn’t for everyone either. 

The logic is sound.  There are millions of Jets fans and only 18,000 people who actually write season ticket checks every year.  When the team is good again, perhaps 2 years, perhaps 4, there are thousands of fans who will take any season subscriptions available at that time.

The Jets don't need to worry about appeasing fans.  TV revenue is a fixed amount, it's 1/32nd the NFL's package no matter what market a team is in or how well/poorly they are performing.  Season ticket revenue is a non-issue for this season and next due to the virus, and even when the doors reopen fully there will be season ticket holders who won't return, it's a fact of life and one that the Jets don't have to worry about due to the sheer size of the NYC Metro market.  This ain't Jacksonville.

So, go ahead, go on strike when the Jets retain Gase.  It's your prerogative but it's not going to cost the Jets a dime.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Gase will 100% a detriment to free agents wanting to join the Jets. What's the point of having money if the coach is looked at as a bimbo & the organization doesn't get rid of a proven loser? 

The Jets already are a detriment to free agents wanting to join the team, that's been going on for more than 30 years, we are always getting bottom-of-the-barrel guys or overpaying for the good ones.  Gase or no Gase, that won't change until the Jets start winning again, it makes no difference in a rebuild.

Look at Arizona, they didn't waste time firing a 1 year coach, moving on from their QB (Rosen), and picking Kyle Murray with the 1st pick in the draft.  They are the blueprint if the Jets wind up with Trevor Lawrence. Why would you allow Adam Gase to teach Trevor Lawrence his horrible offensive schemes to then have to undo that, bring in a better coach & have Trevor learn an entirely new offensive scheme? 

Arizona is a wonderful place to live, Kingsbury had a preexisting relationship with Murray, and the only reason that Arizona is looking competitive this year is because they have an improvising scrambling quarterback.  And we know how that ends.  Ask Baltimore.  Ask the Eagles.  Ask the Football Team.  Ask any team that thought a scrambling quarterback is the next big thing.

There is no way on gods green earth that is the way Joe Douglas allows this to go down.

Joe Douglas isn't running the Jets.  Adam Gase is.  If Gase steps aside it will be his decision with Christopher Johnson.  Joe Douglas is immaterial.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why did you leave out and ignore the rest? 

Here, once again...

Horrible example, absolutely horrible. 

By the time Jimmy completed his 5th NFL season he was already a 2x NFL SB winning championship Head Coach with a winning record of 44-36 (following a 12-4 SB winning season during his 5th year). 

Compared to Adam Gase who's now in his 5th year with 0 SBs and will have an NFL losing record by the time he completes his 5th year here in 2020 of 30-49 (.379%) (following an 0-16 disaster of a 5th year). 

Jimmy Johnson was an NFL head coach for a combined 9 years with only 2 losing below .500 seasons when in comparison to Adam Gase who's already had 4 losing seasons of below .500 football and hasn't even completed his 5th year yet...

Please SAR, please don't never disrespect the game by ever comparing "Gase" to a Jimmy Johnson (never ever again). 

Jimmy Johnson's 4th/5th year(s) NFL HC record = 25-7 (2 SBs). 

Adam Gase's 4th/5th year NFL HC record = (soon to be) 7-25 (0 playoffs). 

Don't run away from these NFL coaching facts, buttercup. 

gettyimages-78309529-612x612.jpg.a700d1d07218f88c206dad7397b32ee9.jpg

pg2_a_johnson_aikman_300.jpg.c7044b0dda3314bc272e7252d2ff3c66.jpg

Fans and players loved Jimmy Johnson (because he loved his players) compared to Gase who is hated by us fans and his players...

sptn_adam_gase_1014-scaled-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.3e199c74faf9787f30d91e8e91b8addf.jpg

I suggest you do not take this schmuck seriously.  He is a TROLLER who enjoys annoying people.  You remember that kid in high school, no?  All this idiot deservices is ridicule.

200BCCC5-0CFD-443A-8192-8A006B20B777.jpeg

Just now, SAR I said:

The Jets already are a detriment to free agents wanting to join the team, that's been going on for more than 10 years, we are always getting bottom-of-the-barrel guys or overpaying for the good ones.  Gase or no Gase, that won't change until the Jets start winning again, it makes no difference in a rebuild.

Arizona is a wonderful place to live, Kingsbury had a preexisting relationship with Murray, and the only reason that Arizona is looking competitive this year is because they have an improvising scrambling quarterback.  And we know how that ends.  Ask Baltimore.  Ask the Eagles.  Ask the Football Team.  Ask any team that thought a scrambling quarterback is the next big thing.

Joe Douglas isn't running the Jets.  Adam Gase is.  If Gase steps aside it will be his decision with Christopher Johnson.  Joe Douglas is immaterial.

SAR I

ACD08640-4EDE-46EB-B93C-214566751D21.png

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is that why Gase has to lie about calling the plays?  Because he’s in on the tank?

He's the head coach.  He's allowed to take playcalling duties at any time during a game.  And like any good leader, he doesn't want to embarrass his OC when he chooses to take responsibilities away from him.  This isn't some big controversy.  Just dumb reporters looking for new material because the "Jets lost again" narrative doesn't sell newspapers.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's the head coach.  He's allowed to take playcalling duties at any time during a game.  And like any good leader, he doesn't want to embarrass his OC when he chooses to take responsibilities away from him.  This isn't some big controversy.  Just dumb reporters looking for new material because the "Jets lost again" narrative doesn't sell newspapers.

SAR I

SORE I’s Monday morning bullsh*t.

832AABD5-F432-408C-BC12-E44DCBE452E7.jpeg

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're kinda sorta missing the part where this roster is incapable of winning with insurmountable injuries, the pretend franchise quarterback busting, and an over-the-hill backup quarterback for half the games.

The gameplan and playcalling don't matter.  When you've got a three-legged horse you aren't winning any races.

SAR I

Let me ask you this. How many teams in the long history  of the NFL go winless. I will tell you? 3 teams, the Lions, Bucs, and Browns. Do you know why? Because it is actually a hard thing to do. This team arguably does not have the worst talent but when you combine that with a gameplane that runs a 37 year old RB taking nearly 50% of the offensive plays when all you have scored is 3 points, that is a much bigger reason you are losing these games. Why has Gase not opened up the O? Honestly , I rather see Darnold get picked off 10 times than watch Gore run the ball on second and 10. I rather watch him get picked than kick on 4th down when your team is losing by 2 scores and you are 0-10. Gase is not trying to win. And stop with this he is tanking non-sense. That is a fan thing. We hope they lose so we have the best pick. No player or coach wants  to be part of 0-16. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Especially when that last a decade or more. 

Certainly.

The Dolphins and Bills have been looking for their Marino and Kelly and Shula and Levy replacements for 25 years.  A handful of playoff appearances between them.  Used to dominate the AFC and since then have exactly 1 or 2 playoff wins between them, combined.  The Jets are in Year 1 of the new regime and fans already are looking to get the HC fired and the GM put on the hot seat?

Who said the Jets deserve this entitlement?  These Mets fans are funny that way.  They always think that the get-rich-quick scheme will work.  It doesn't.  Idzik and Maccagnan did so much wrong here its going to take a few years to get back on track.  And that's if we're lucky.  This thing could drag on for decades.  We are lucky to have someone with Adam Gase's pedigree and Joe Douglas' potential in Florham Park.  Fans need to shut up and let them do their jobs.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me ask you this. How many teams in the long history  of the NFL go winless. I will tell you? 3 teams, the Lions, Bucs, and Browns. Do you know why? Because it is actually a hard thing to do.

Unlike the Lions, Bucs, and Browns, the Jets have had some success the last 15 years.  Let's look at Rich Kotite, the actual worst Jets head coach in history.  These are the players he had on the 1996 Jets who went 1-15:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

This core is what attracted Bill Parcells to come here.  Compared to Adam Gase, he inherited a friggin New York Jets All Star team.  The 1996 Jets were actually a team capable of going 8-8 that was coached into oblivion by a crappy Rich Kotite.  All a roster that stacked needed was a disciplinarian head coach and a lucky break in signing someone else's backup quarterback who turned out to play like a league MVP.

The Jets suck right now and will likely go 0-16.  And the people who are to blame are named Johnson, Maccagnan, Idzik, Ryan, and Bowles, the idiots who drafted badly and allowed a festering, selfish, weed culture to propagate.  Adam Gase is part of the solution.  He is not the problem.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Unlike the Lions, Bucs, and Browns, the Jets have had some success the last 15 years.  Let's look at Rich Kotite, the actual worst Jets head coach in history.  These are the players he had on the 1996 Jets who went 1-15:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

This core is what attracted Bill Parcells to come here.  Compared to Adam Gase, he inherited a friggin New York Jets All Star team.  The 1996 Jets were actually a team capable of going 8-8 that was coached into oblivion by a crappy Rich Kotite.  All a roster that stacked needed was a disciplinarian head coach and a lucky break in signing someone else's backup quarterback who turned out to play like a league MVP.

The Jets suck right now and will likely go 0-16.  And the people who are to blame are named Johnson, Maccagnan, Idzik, Ryan, and Bowles, the idiots who drafted badly and allowed a festering, selfish, weed culture to propagate.  Adam Gase is part of the solution.  He is not the problem.

SAR I

EB55A4D4-5434-4117-A36A-2930A4767100.jpeg

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Certainly.

The Dolphins and Bills have been looking for their Marino and Kelly and Shula and Levy replacements for 25 years.  A handful of playoff appearances between them.  Used to dominate the AFC and since then have exactly 1 or 2 playoff wins between them, combined.  The Jets are in Year 1 of the new regime and fans already are looking to get the HC fired and the GM put on the hot seat?

Who said the Jets deserve this entitlement?  These Mets fans are funny that way.  They always think that the get-rich-quick scheme will work.  It doesn't.  Idzik and Maccagnan did so much wrong here its going to take a few years to get back on track.  And that's if we're lucky.  This thing could drag on for decades.  We are lucky to have someone with Adam Gase's pedigree and Joe Douglas' potential in Florham Park.  Fans need to shut up and let them do their jobs.

SAR I

Adam Gases pedigree? Oh yeah I forgot about that. LOL

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is in on the tank. 

Man, why'd you have to throw in the towel?

Had you stuck with your earlier pro-Gase stance, you'd have come out looking like an ABSOLUTE GENIUS if the team had an unexpectedly good 2021 season. 

Now...you're just one of us. Urchins. Peanut gallery. Unwashed, non-believing masses. 

Nobody has occupied that space yet, so there's still time. A return to your pro-Gase stance, and you'll be in a pole position to ca$h in on St. Lawrence leading a full strength offense to 10-6. Then we, of little faith, will look to you, as the messiah. Given the potential payoff, it's a risk worth taking. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

SAR I

He is not a solution. When you are down by 2 scores and run on 2nd and 10, you are not part of the solution, when you are down by over 2 scores in the 3rd qrt and you kick on 4th and 3, you are not part of the solution , when you lie to the press about your OC calling the plays when he is seen not doing anything and the press calls you on it and you continue  to lie and throw your OC under the bus by saying this he said this isn't hard and he was calling the plays and all you scored is 3 points, you are part of the problem. He said calling the O isn't  hard and he scores 3 points the entire game. Are you effing serious?

I can go on if you like .

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets already are a detriment to free agents wanting to join the team, that's been going on for more than 30 years, we are always getting bottom-of-the-barrel guys or overpaying for the good ones.  Gase or no Gase, that won't change until the Jets start winning again, it makes no difference in a rebuild.

SAR I

E45A72C1-8213-4F65-9552-7C1E777845B8.jpeg