Sam Darnold-4 consecutive games without a TD pass

GreekJet

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He needs a total overhaul. His confidence is shot. His mechanics are all off. If a team can sit him and actually develop him, he could be salvaged imo. 

But yeah his time here is done. 

This is about right. He really needed to show something today with his receivers and Mekhi watching his back to break up the tank but he really struggled in the second half, perhaps feeling the pressure of needing to do just that. 

Wasn't helped by some bizarre play calling at the end of the first half but the picks were backbreakers.

Not quite at the "Sanchez is unable to receive a snap he is so jittery" broken but doesn't look like the kid we drafted. So frustrating and better for him and us to move on. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yes, frankly. The longer he’s been here, the worse he’s gotten over time.

Is this where we point at the 2 games against the worst pass defenses in the league?

The guy was never good. He had some moves when people used to play coverage against him. His second year they figured out that if you blitz him he sucks. That’s all that’s happened.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was clearly a better player before Gase and JD.

The Jets have to take more than a little responsibility for that.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, frankly. The longer he’s been here, the worse he’s gotten over time.

Here’s the problem I see with that argument - He was better statistically last year (with Gase) than he was in year 1 (without him). It’s obviously fair to criticize Gase, but it’s also fair to put the onus on your 3rd year QB to not look like the worst starting QB in the sport. 

The reality is, he’s just never been consistently good in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Is this where we point at the 2 games against the worst pass defenses in the league?

The guy was never good. He had some moves when people used to play coverage against him. His second year they figured out that if you blitz him he sucks. That’s all that’s happened.

He’s never been good. I agree. Doesn’t change that he’s gotten worse over time.

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He needs a total overhaul. His confidence is shot. His mechanics are all off. If a team can sit him and actually develop him, he could be salvaged imo. 

But yeah his time here is done. 

Slow processing can't be fixed.  He's got the Mark Sanchez disease.  He's a QB3 in this league.  He cannot be salvaged, and will be out of the league by the time he's 28.  

• Upvote 1

It's not really important at this point how much the entire front office, both past and present, have contributed to officially ruining Darnold. Maybe Darnold just is a flawed QB who will never be consistently good or better and didn't need much help in being bad.  All that matters is that he's not a good QB right now and the Jets cannot waste any time beyond this season to attempt to fix him.  It's a shame, really, because I really thought he was the answer, but the Jets have to move on from him, no matter where they end up picking in the draft.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of them haven't even shown up today.  They're going full @nico002.

Listen, it's ok to be wrong. 

I thought Darnold was going to be a very solid NFL QB here. It was obvious to me after a few games in his 3rd season that wasn't the case. I admitted I was wrong. 

We all have experienced being wrong about something. I don't get why people can't deal with being wrong. It happens. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

And when the next QB comes in and sucks, what will your excuse be then? 

SD has had a bad season, and has had few real weapons to work with here, so until the coaching staff is massively upgraded along with the offensive talent, you could bring in brady/manning/montana and it would not matter.

The NYJ suck, but most of that suckage can not be blamed on SD.

• Thumb Down 2