Joe Douglas has to take Justin Fields if they can't get Lawrence

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Possibly. But my hunch is there's a total overhaul if 0-16 happens. Everything about this organization right now is spoiled. A massive purge is in order. The way the Jets go about making decisions doesnt feel any different with Douglas as the GM. He's just occupying a seat right now.

Douglas didn't hire Gase. End of story.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I have a gut feeling that Fields is going to be the better of the two.

Fields may be great, but he’s not sure thing like Lawrence presumptively is. 

If I can trade down, get more picks, and draft Lance, Wilson, or Trask that may be the better play. 

3 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Fields may be great, but he’s not sure thing like Lawrence presumptively is. 

If I can trade down, get more picks, and draft Lance, Wilson, or Trask that may be the better play. 

If you believe Fields is ahead of that pack (Lance, Wilson, Trask, Mac Jones, etc.), you don't play cute. You draft Fields. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

As it stands now the most likely scenario is the Jets have the 2nd pick. Painful Sunday after painful Sunday will result in loss after loss only to have the Patriots lay down the final week. This disastrous and predictable scenario is going to be devastating. Douglas better not get cute thinking he can stick with Darnold though.

How exactly would we get the 2nd pick? Arnt we the only winless team?

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If you think the GM is 100% going to be here after going 0-16 you're not really thinking it through. No one survives 0-16.

The idiot Gase survived 2 years so what makes you think JD is going anywhere after he had the best draft a Jets GM has had in over a decade. This roster is trash mostly because of the God awful mismanagement of coffee boy. I'm not saying he has been perfect but he will definitely be here next year. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

The idiot Gase survived 2 years so what makes you think JD is going anywhere after he had the best draft a Jets GM has had in over a decade. This roster is trash mostly because of the God awful mismanagement of coffee boy. I'm not saying he has been perfect but he will definitely be here next year. 

I’m not really saying anything wild here. When a professional franchise goes winless, drastic changes typically aren’t out of the ordinary. Regardless of the amount of time he’s gotten, nothing would surprise me after the season. Changes are obviously going to happen. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe. Again, 0-16 would typically result is massive, sweeping changes. Douglas may not really deserve to be fired, but sweeping changes always result in some collateral damage. There will be massive changes with the team after 0-16, that is a safe bet.

The 2008 Lions promoted their interim GM To permanent GM after their 0-16 season. The HC was fired. 

The 2017 Browns retained HC Hue Jackson after their 0-16 season. The GM was fired.

There you have it - the entire historical precedent for what happens after teams finish 0-16. Maybe you need to look up the definition of “sweeping.”

• Upvote 2