Gase's closest ally on the beat says Jets should make a move

AFJF

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Gase is the worst coach of my NYJ fandom, but at this point, I really want him coaching all 16 games. 

I'd fear the classic interim coach bump and a meaningless win 

Agreed and let him wear the stench of coaching a 0-16 team.  He's such a smug arrogant prick, he deserves it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. Gase is a bigger embarrassment than any of them, for a plethora of reasons. 

Nobody had ever heard of Charlie Wimmer,  and he wasn't fired for failure immediately prior to getting hired by the Jets...

Rich Kotite coached at a time when defenses were still allowed to play...

And remind me....did Lou Holtz (or any of them) show up to his intro presser Adderalled out of his gourd?

tenor.gif.e51c0fea00eb3490acbca417526715a2.gif

Charley Winner was fired by the Cardinals and was hired by the Jets because he was Weeb Ewbank’s son-in-law.

Let us not forget the ignominy of Lou Holtz’s New York Jets fight song. Gag.

• Upvote 2

Just now, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I agree with you about how bad this team is. I would put Kotite in the lead for suckiness because that team had a lot more talent. Parcells came in the next year and almost made the playoffs with a lot of the same players.

Fair point. I agree that the 96 team had more talent

But that team benefited dramatically from a culture change and so will this one. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I remember a mets beat writer saying that the beat writers would be much happier covering a winning team than coming to cover the team every game knowing there was no chance of winning.

Sorry, the Mets collapse of 2007 didnt put an extra dime of money in the WRITERS pockets than winning and going to cover the team in the playoffs.  So yeah, I dont agree with taking that comment and running with it, it makes no sense that the writers benefit from their jobs ending on the last day of the season.

I think your underestimating the Jet beat writers desire to live in their natural habitat of snarky high school drama and being twitter comedians . Kind of hard to live that life following a successful, well run organization. But that’s just my opinion . 

3 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I think your underestimating the Jet beat writers desire to live in their natural habitat of snarky high school drama and being twitter comedians . Kind of hard to live that life following a successful, well run organization. But that’s just my opinion . 

I think you dont get what im saying theres no incentive to root against the team youre covering and going into work every day

I bet the Pats beat writers found a way to suffer through 12 wins a year, 9 SBs and 6 SB wins.  So much worse than covering the last 10 years at One Jets Drive

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do, youre not making an ounce of sense

Smh man , should have known better after all these years than to try and have a normal conversation with you . I’m going Christmas shopping with my son. Go pick an unnecessary argument with someone else who’s not trying to argue with you . Have fun. 

43 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Smh man , should have known better after all these years than to try and have a normal conversation with you . I’m going Christmas shopping with my son. Go pick an unnecessary argument with someone else who’s not trying to argue with you . Have fun. 

Move on.  You said it.  I would have

I should have known you couldn't.  

I dont agree that beat writers are hiring against hope that they dont get to cover what is billed as a generational QB because it ruins their jobs and you cant just accept that.  Its my pointless argument?  

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No. Gase is a bigger embarrassment than any of them, for a plethora of reasons. 

Nobody had ever heard of Charlie Wimmer,  and he wasn't fired for failure immediately prior to getting hired by the Jets...

Rich Kotite coached at a time when defenses were still allowed to play...

And remind me....did Lou Holtz (or any of them) show up to his intro presser Adderalled out of his gourd?

tenor.gif.e51c0fea00eb3490acbca417526715a2.gif

Charlie "Winner" was the bosses Son In Law

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

After another double digit loss to Miami, his former team, it would only be fitting for Gase to be let go now.

But I do think there’s a chance Gregg Williams as an interim HC could find a win in this last month.

It's silly to reward Williams considering how bad the defense has played this season. I just can't see it, can you????? That would be like rewarding failure?

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

It's silly to reward Williams considering how bad the defense has played this season. I just can't see it, can you????? That would be like rewarding failure?

I wasn’t thinking of it as a reward. Whose hands would you put this team in on an interim basis to finish out the season if Gase was fired tomorrow? Williams has head-coaching experience. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Lol you think rival teams local media equals conspiracy 

Lol? you gotta love people like you. I point out an entire region that have literally pushing conspiracy theories on the Jets for decades (most recently literally pushing on Boston media Gase and Jets tanked the game against them) and You make a definite statement like:  “There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. Just a bias against terrible football teams. “    

amazing ???

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Lol? you gotta love people like you. I point out an entire region that have literally pushing conspiracy theories on the Jets for decades (most recently literally pushing on Boston media Gase and Jets tanked the game against them) and You make a definite statement like:  “There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. Just a bias against terrible football teams. “    

amazing ???

Except no one ever referred to negative press in rival team's local papers as a "conspiracy," that's just called "sports."

Back to the actual debate -- whether Jets beat writers or National press is colluding to harm the Jets -- which 100% of reasonable readers would understand is being discussed when talking about an "anti-Jets media conspiracy."

My argument is that there is no conspiracy -- Jets just stink and deserve the terrible press they get. When Rex was peak Rex, the beat writers and National outlets were fawning. Winners get covered like winners and losers get covered like losers. I know it makes some of us feel better to think it's Big Sports conspiring to hold our plucky warriors down, but look at it objectively. We suck up the joint and are an embarrassment. How exactly do people expect us to be covered? Falsely to protect our feelings? Pshaw. I want and hope the media keeps slamming the Jets. Maybe the Johnsons will get motivated to do something about it. 

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You want to define rivalry as a conspiracy, have at it. You're free to choose your own opinion but you can't choose mine. 

Back to the actual debate -- whether Jets beat writers hate the Jets and try to undercut them -- which 100% of reasonable readers would understand is being discussed when talking about an "anti-Jets media conspiracy."

AGAIN THE BOSTON MEDIA OPENLY WAS PROMOTING “THE JETS TANKED THE GAME AGAINST THE PATRIOTS” WITH NO PROFF BEYOND THE POOR PLAY CALLING OF GASE.  AMERICA CALLS GASE A BAD COACH(The worst in the NFL) SO WHY SHOULD HIS PLAY CALLING BE VIEWED AS ANYTHING BUT THAT? YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS (Especially counting the fact it’s a 99.9% chance Gase will be gone, AND THE BOSTON BEAT WRITERS KNOW THIS)

SO WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THAT??????? SOUNDS LIKE A CONSPIRACY TOO ME...

YOU ACTUALLY HAVE THE GALL TO CALL THAT RIVALRY??????

i can’t with some of you people you just hate to be wrong smfh 

AND THE TANK THING IS THE LATEST IN NYJ SLANDER COURTESY OF BOSTON BASED MEDIA HEADS, SO YES THERE IS A CONSPIRACY TO SLADER THE JETS BY DEFINITION   ?

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

AGAIN THE BOSTON MEDIA OPENLY WAS PROMOTING “THE JETS TANKED THE GAME AGAINST THE PATRIOTS” WITH NO PROFF BEYOND THE POOR PLAY CALLING OF GASE.  AMERICA CALLS GASE A BAD COACH(The worst in the NFL) SO WHY SHOULD HIS PLAY CALLING BE VIEWED AS ANYTHING BUT THAT? YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS (Especially counting the fact it’s a 99.9% chance Gase will be gone, AND THE BOSTON BEAT WRITERS KNOW THIS)

SO WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THAT??????? SOUNDS LIKE A CONSPIRACY TOO ME...

YOU ACTUALLY HAVE THE GALL TO CALL THAT RIVALRY??????

i can’t with some of you people you just hate to be wrong smfh 

AND THE TANK THING IS THE LATEST IN NYJ SLANDER COURTESY OF BOSTON BASED MEDIA HEADS ?

Who are you arguing against? You get to choose your position but not mine. I'm not interested in a semantic discussion of how you define the word "conspiracy."

The Boston media hates the Jets -- just like every team's local press hates every rival team. If you want to debate that, you'll have to find someone who actually takes the position you want to rage against.

I ain't it.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who are you arguing against? You get to choose your position but not mine.

The Boston media hates the Jets -- just like every team's local press hates every rival team. If you want to debate that, you'll have to find someone who actually takes the position you want to rage against.  I'm not interested in a semantic discussion of how you define the word "conspiracy."

I ain't it.

Let me help you out AGAIN, what I outlined is clear proof of a conspiracy that you said didn’t exist. * *U W E R E W R O N G. It happens ?

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Let me help you out AGAIN, what I outlined is clear proof of a conspiracy that you said didn’t exist. * *U W E R E W R O N G. It happens ?

You misrepresented my position and then went on an all-caps, smelling-salts, Gase meltdown, ya loon.

I'll give you the last word, since I know you can't resist.

In the meantime, I will continue this conversation with the adults.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I wasn’t thinking of it as a reward. Whose hands would you put this team in on an interim basis to finish out the season if Gase was fired tomorrow? Williams has head-coaching experience. 

Gase did learn something from Bowles. Both employed the "sandbag of morons" defense strategy. Ensure you build a wall of idiots around you on your staff so no legitimate threat to replace you as interim exists in your own house. As they say, A leaders hire A people. B leaders hire C people.

Johnsons were trying to block another Bowles moron sandbag wall by forcing Williams on their candidates -- which ironically ran away the actual legitimate candidates so that only Gase was desperate enough to accept.

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Gase is the worst coach of my NYJ fandom, but at this point, I really want him coaching all 16 games. 

I'd fear the classic interim coach bump and a meaningless win 

That's a good assessment. Anyone could swing wildly in the dark and by chance land a punch. I think Gase finishes out the year, though. Watching the Jets is like Punch and Judy at this point. Wait, bad analogy because even though it's a puppet show nobody gets beaten.

6 minutes ago, jetophile said:

That's a good assessment. Anyone could swing wildly in the dark and by chance land a punch. I think Gase finishes out the year, though. Watching the Jets is like Punch and Judy at this point. Wait, bad analogy because even though it's a puppet show nobody gets beaten.

Random Jets fan > Gase at coaching.

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

You misrepresented my position and then went on an all-caps, smelling-salts, Gase meltdown, ya loon.

I'll give you the last word, since I know you can't resist.

In the meantime, I will continue this conversation with the adults.

I know because capital letters = “having a all-caps, smelling-salts, Gase meltdown” your sure teaching me things...

I know, I was misrepresenting you when you boldly and definitely stated: “There is no anti-Jets media conspiracy. Just a bias against terrible football teams.“