Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KRL

Game Observations (MIA)

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I've never seen a QB get progressively worse like Darnold has.

For real. Darnold has majorly regressed since his rookie season, and even dating back to last season. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question: Could you get a 3rd round pick before the draft next year for Darnold?  

I mean, I get it, potential and all....but man, he looks TERRIBLE

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Foley & QW inside, if we can find some pass rushers on the edge & a #1 CB it will change the entire defense. 
 

Darnold is just terrible. He’s lost all feel for the game. 

  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Serious question: Could you get a 3rd round pick before the draft next year for Darnold?  

I mean, I get it, potential and all....but man, he looks TERRIBLE

A third would be a steal.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3rd is probably about right for Darnold, and that is only because he is a QB.

If he played a different position it would be a conditional 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

We have the makings of a decent WR corp as long as they can stay on the field.  Gotta figure out TE and RB...

Is that all? The TEs are awful and we have no #1 Wr and #1 RB on the roster.

We’re far from having a decent Wr corps but it’ll be better after the next draft and free agency period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

We have the makings of a decent WR corp as long as they can stay on the field.  Gotta figure out TE and RB...

Gase didn't target a TE the ENTIRE GAME!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Is that all? The TEs are awful and we have no #1 Wr and #1 RB on the roster.

We’re far from having a decent Wr corps but it’ll be better after the next draft and free agency period.

IMO healthy Perriman, Mims, Crowder = competitive NFL WR starters.  Agree TE/RB need to be focused on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KRL said:

 

- I have never seen such an unimaginative run scheme in my life.
No motion, no misdirection just continued stretch handoffs to the
left or right.  When Peyton Manning was in his prime in DEN that
was fine, it doesn't work here

 

- Continued growth by Denzel Mims (4 rec / 67 yds) against pretty
good CB's.  He picked up his first offensive pass interference as
he attacked a deep ball and the CB at the same time.  But as I said
before I would rather he be physical and back him off than be a soft
finesse WR and hope he can fight

-

It is not just that the run scheme is so unimaginative it's that it is also incredibly predictable. Gase runs like 90% of the time on 2nd and 10 and like 60% of the time on 1st and ten and seemingly 70% of the time on 3rd and long (which is incredibly frustrating) Was literally anyone surprised by the play call on 4th down? I mean it's just incredibly bad, and completely bewildering. Peyton Manning was successful with that basic play because he audibled into it against 4 and 5 man fronts.

Mims so far looks like a clear #1 WR. I think Perriman is more than a 4 and then should definitely re-sign him.

For the first time I actually feel like Sam is done. I thought he would show something finally having all the receivers but he didn't. Not sure I want Trevor TBH, but since we are almost guaranteed to finish either 1 or 2 in the draft we will get Fields who I am not sure is a lesser prospect.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are only going to get a 3rd for Darnold, you may as well keep him. Coach him up as much as possible, create a healthy competition for your rookie QB in training camp and you may even see his stock rise. If not, you at least have a potentially serviceable back-up, if your main guy goes down with an injury. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chad Cascaden was pretty funny on the post game.  Said Flacco is way better than Darnold at this point but only because Gase hasn’t had enough time to ruin him yet.  First laugh I had all day.  
 

P.S.  Gase running the ball down 17 with 6 minutes left was pretty funny as well. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Chad Cascaden was pretty funny on the post game.  Said Flacco is way better than Darnold at this point but only because Gase hasn’t had enough time to ruin him yet.  First laugh I had all day.  
 

P.S.  Gase running the ball down 17 with 6 minutes left was pretty funny as well. 

Gase has to be in on the tank right? A coach could not possibly be trying to win being 0-10 & taking literally zero chances. This offense plays like all their balls have been cut off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is the biggest indictment of all.  Gase is awful.

What was worst is Gase lied about the play calling pretending that he wasn't calling the plays and then got called out by reporters...

T. Bowles was a waaaay beter HC than Gase and that is scary at this point!

Nice job!

I haven't watched more than 7 quarters of football, but today I watched most of the game.

That play call on 4th and 1 I could telegraph sitting in my living room with my limited knowledge of the game.  And what's best:  you DON'T run behind the 6'7" 360 pound guy!  No receivers, nobody in motion, single back in the backfield.  Just god-awful playing calling.  

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also liked the 10 times we have punted on 4th and 3 from the opponents 40 yard line as an 0-8, 0-9,and 0-10 team.   So utterly gutless and lacking in awareness that it defies logic other than if he is trying to lose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Serious question: Could you get a 3rd round pick before the draft next year for Darnold?  

I mean, I get it, potential and all....but man, he looks TERRIBLE

It seems extremely unlikely. Everyone knows the Jets are taking a QB and that means they won't pick up the 5th year option on Darnold. Other teams aren't going to be chomping at the bit when they could just give the raiders a bag of hockey pucks for Nathan Peterman instead of a 3rd for Darnold. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sad watching Sam in there

 

he's the punch-drunk boxer ... keeps gettinng put back in the ring ... keeps getting beat down worse ... over and over again

 

poor kid

  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This sucks.  This is not the same Sam Darnold we saw back in 2018.  The Jets destroyed him, hopefully for his sake with a change of scenery he can find himself once again.

Gase has destroyed the offense.  Darnold is a victim.

Jets need to fire Gase now just to get a good evaluation of him for the rest of the year before giving up on him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Gase has destroyed the offense.  Darnold is a victim.

Jets need to fire Gase now just to get a good evaluation of him for the rest of the year before giving up on him.

We’ve pretty much have a good read on Darnold, Gase is terrible and definitely doesn’t help but his coaching is not taking a good QB and making him the worst in the league 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

This sucks.  This is not the same Sam Darnold we saw back in 2018.  The Jets destroyed him, hopefully for his sake with a change of scenery he can find himself once again.

Exactly how I felt today. I wish he had Mims in 2018 alongside Robby. 

Today was truly pitiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

If you are only going to get a 3rd for Darnold, you may as well keep him. Coach him up as much as possible, create a healthy competition for your rookie QB in training camp and you may even see his stock rise. If not, you at least have a potentially serviceable back-up, if your main guy goes down with an injury. 

Or if some other team's QB gets injured you can trade him then.  Sam Bradford got a very good return that way a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or if some other team's QB gets injured you can trade him then.  Sam Bradford got a very good return that way a few years ago.

No one is trading for Darnold to be an injury fill-in.  Any team trading for him is looking to get a project QB.  

I'll take the late 3rd.  Happily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is trading for Darnold to be an injury fill-in.  Any team trading for him is looking to get a project QB.  

I'll take the late 3rd.  Happily.

If there's a preseason QB injury (that puts the QB out for the season) for a team that has playoff hopes, it would be worth a gamble to trade for Sam and hope he turns it around.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If there's a preseason QB injury (that puts the QB out for the season) for a team that has playoff hopes, it would be worth a gamble to trade for Sam and hope he turns it around.

No, it wouldn't.  You don't put your playoff hopes in the hands of a newcomer, and give up a high pick in the process.  A GM of a playoff-contending team would know better than to try this.  

If the best Darnold will net us is a 3rd rounder, you take it.  Because circumstances aren't going to suddenly lift his value to a 2nd during the preseason.

And in any case, a 2020 3rd rounder is more valuable than a 2021 2nd rounder.  Trade him prior to the draft, not after it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

This sucks.  This is not the same Sam Darnold we saw back in 2018.  The Jets destroyed him, hopefully for his sake with a change of scenery he can find himself once again.

Yup.  Good guy but now a bad QB.  The Jets did him no favors the past 2 years, but this team is going to move on and find someone new.  It’s amazing that Sam’s best days were under Jeremy Bates as he finished that 2018 season.  The precipitous fall began the second Gase walked in the door, Darnold got mono, the OLine fell apart and then the offensive environment just seemed to become toxic.

We can only pray that whoever the Jets bring in next gets surrounded by some good coaching and good players.  This franchise can’t afford to f**k up two Top 3 QBs in a row.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup.  Good guy but now a bad QB.  The Jets did him no favors the past 2 years, but this team is going to move on and find someone new.  It’s amazing that Sam’s best days were under Jeremy Bates as he finished that 2018 season.  The precipitous fall began the second Gase walked in the door, Darnold got mono, the OLine fell apart and then the offensive environment just seemed to become toxic.

We can only pray that the whoever the Jets bring in next gets surrounded by some good coaching and good players.  This franchise can’t afford to f**k up two Top 3 QBs in a row.

The sad part is this cycle of clown shoes circus will never stop until the Jets bring in a HC that the media is afraid of like when Parcells came in, until that happens the media will continue to cause problems inside the organization simply because it’s much easier then doing the job the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...