Jump to content

Orlovsky says Jets should fire Gase tonight


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disagree, not fair to whoever has to step in.  Let Gase own being the HC of an 0-16 team.   Might be good for him to smell his own stench. 

Orlovsky should also fire himself because he was completely wrong about Darnold.  Darnold sucks. 

Why? He is masterfully running the Tank for Trevor exactly the way he was asked to. Swallowing his pride and doing what he was asked to do for the future of the franchise. Like it or not this was the

Posted Images

Worst coach by far,i've ever had the displeasure of watching. He has screwed up what was and still could be a promising career. That horrible call on 4th down should have cemented it in Johnsons eye's.Darnold should have pulled a Buddy Ryan on him.. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, genot said:

Worst coach by far,i've ever had the displeasure of watching. He has screwed up what was and still could be a promising career. That horrible call on 4th down should have cemented it in Johnsons eye's.Darnold should have pulled a Buddy Ryan on him.. 

like the way Bowles ruined Darron Lee by overdrafting him and handing him a styarting position he never earned?

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why break the losing streak?  Hard to say if he’s actually doing any long term damage.  IMO teams don’t carry over their records from one year to the next. So this is just like a baseball player wearing the same socks during a hitting streak only opposite.  This season won’t mean much if they don’t come away with the number 1 pick.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets had already intended to fire Gase. As I recall there's been speculation that there's no one to be HC on an interim basis? It wouldn't be fair to the interim as it's nearly certain the Jets will bring in a big name HC from outside. So unfortunately we have to hold on to GASE until season end. If the Jets hire Jim Harbaugh like I think they're going to the wait to fire Gase is worth it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Disagree, not fair to whoever has to step in.  Let Gase own being the HC of an 0-16 team.   Might be good for him to smell his own stench. 

How you treat a coach has ramifications even if he's a jerkhole and deserves it. This idea that it's unfair to the interim coach is utterly idiotic and shows the board is going full on excuse mode for whatever uninspired hire they make.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a fan of this team since 1960. I had one glorious moment when I was at the game w/my late father and the Jets defeated the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl. As far as a new HC is concerned lots of graves in the Jets graveyard. Out of 60 years of operation we've had only three coaches that have achieved at least a .500 record. Parcells, Al Groh, and Sammy Baugh. My prayers are w/the next HC. Hope he turns it around.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, genot said:

Worst coach by far,i've ever had the displeasure of watching. He has screwed up what was and still could be a promising career. That horrible call on 4th down should have cemented it in Johnsons eye's.Darnold should have pulled a Buddy Ryan on him.. 

Yes, the terrible quarterback who absolutely sucks at football should be punching people on the sidelines because you still have a weird crush.

P.S. sammy sammy sammy sammy sammy

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Adam - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

200.gif

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Adam - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

If we get a pass interference or roughing the passer call, leading to a win then I do not forgive. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Why? He is masterfully running the Tank for Trevor exactly the way he was asked to. Swallowing his pride and doing what he was asked to do for the future of the franchise. Like it or not this was the plan from the first couple of games Sam showed he’s not the answer. Now stop it, open a delightful seltzer and enjoy the loss. 

I can only hope.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...