Orlovsky says Jets should fire Gase tonight

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disagree, not fair to whoever has to step in.  Let Gase own being the HC of an 0-16 team.   Might be good for him to smell his own stench. 

Orlovsky should also fire himself because he was completely wrong about Darnold.  Darnold sucks. 

Why? He is masterfully running the Tank for Trevor exactly the way he was asked to. Swallowing his pride and doing what he was asked to do for the future of the franchise. Like it or not this was the

Posted Images

7 hours ago, emesola said:

It’s not gonna happen. Under the Johnson regime of ownership, the Jets have never fired a coach mid-season. 

this. they have made a company policy. thats how they roll.

what exactly a midseason firing help achiev, idk.

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, it can wait. Let him burn in the fires of humiliation a while longer. I love a good, long bonfire, and the stench is pleasing to my senses.

I hear you, but I have to say that last night was the first time I had to turn off Gase’ post-game press conference because it was no longer gratifying in some “you deserve the humiliation” kind of way. It just seemed sad looking at this lost and floundering  person with no defense for his ineptitude. As much as he has frustrated me, I felt sorry for the guy. It’s just plain not working out. Hope that, like Bowles, he finds career redemption somewhere. I do believe the man loves the game. He’s just not HC material. 

34 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I hear you, but I have to say that last night was the first time I had to turn off Gase’ post-game press conference because it was no longer gratifying in some “you deserve the humiliation” kind of way. It just seemed sad looking at this lost and floundering  person with no defense for his ineptitude. As much as he has frustrated me, I felt sorry for the guy. It’s just plain not working out. Hope that, like Bowles, he finds career redemption somewhere. I do believe the man loves the game. He’s just not HC material. 

I don't watch his pressers, and it's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who is paid millions of dollars to do something that he is truly awful at.

Not to mention, I remember reading a piece right after he was hired by the Jets where he was quoted as saying something along the lines that he didn't learn anything from his time in Miami, because he didn't think he did anything wrong.* I can't sympathize for that level of abject narcissism, lol.

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Orlovsky should also fire himself because he was completely wrong about Darnold. 

Darnold sucks. 

You aren't supposed to remember that....or that Dan Orlovsky was a total clown at QB and its kind of a joke that he's somehow been anointed the medias new expert at QB'ing. 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

"Lost and floundering" is a good way to describe him.   I honestly believe this man does not care one bit had bad this team looks because he is getting paid regardless.  We already know money is a priority over performance with this guy.  He knows he will never get another HC job so he is going to make us suffer. 

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm if you are College coach would you negotiate while another has that job?

Perhaps you would, but many would not.

There is a reason why several teams performing far better than the Jets have fired their coaches and even their GMs prior to the last game of the season and it isn’t because they don’t know what they are doing.   

well nobody going to negotiate with us if we fire Gase right now cause we dont have the #1 pick yet and one win we lose it. once or if we clinch the pick. then we become a very attractive job.

thats a big difference between Trevor and whoever the next QB is. 

plus the 2 open jobs , DET and ATL have veteran QBs. if thats what your looking for your definitely not picking us.

im guessing college coaches know more about Trevor than anyone. if they think hes all that then there going to wait to see who gets that #1 pick

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase manages the team and manages the media well.  

SAR I

wait what? .... the media? i guess you didnt see him get caught lying about calling the plays. hes the laughing stock of talk radio. all the media knows he lied. he is finish with the media.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets should have fired Gase in October. 2019.

I saw it last year.  Only reason we finished 6-2 Sam had chemistry with Robby and the defense overachieved with Williams and we had a soft schedule

I supported the hire initially and did I get to find out quick how much of a clown Gase is

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, doitny said:

wait what? .... the media? i guess you didnt see him get caught lying about calling the plays. hes the laughing stock of talk radio. all the media knows he lied. he is finish with the media.  

That was Sar I’s funniest comment ever

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, doitny said:

Oooh, 1 media flub in 27 games.

Overreact much, Eeyore?

SAR I

On 11/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, Beerfish said:

He should have been fired at the bye at the very very latest.

I totally do not buy into this 'oh we have to keep him' to get the #1 pick bit.

He's totally fing with the rest of the team for the whole season.

Whats the purpose does firing a HC mid season, on a team without talent?  Williams or whoever steps in knowing theyre gone after the season will do what for the players?  You cant implement a new offense so what changes?  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats the purpose does firing a HC mid season, on a team without talent?  Williams or whoever steps in knowing theyre gone after the season will do what for the players?  You cant implement a new offense so what changes?  

It's just to make some fans feel better. They think by firing Gase he is finally getting what he deserves.

The reality is that  forcing Gase to coach this disaster, lose every game, face the media and be a laughingstock of this town is far worse than firing him.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's just to make some fans fell better. They think by firing Gase he is finally getting what he deserves.

The reality is that by forcing Gase to coach this disaster, lose every game, face the media and be an laughingstock of this town is far worse than firing him.

Exactly, Gase helped make this mess, no one can fix it so why put someone else through the hell of this season for no benefit than to quiet some fans.

Black Monday will be here soon 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly, Gase helped make this mess,

Are you seriously of the belief that any of this mess was caused by Adam Gase?

He inherited a Maccagnan/Idzik train-wreck with orders to rebuild.  This is what a rebuild compounded by injuries and a bust of a quarterback looks like.  You shouldn't care about the stupid "media optics".  You should care about the players we've lost (not much, not affordable) and the players we've gained (rookies are checking and looking good).

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He inherited a Maccagnan/Idzik train-wreck with orders to rebuild.  This is what a rebuild compounded by injuries and a bust of a quarterback looks like.  You shouldn't care about the stupid "media optics".  You should care about the players we've lost (not much, not affordable) and the players we've gained (rookies are checking and looking good).

SAR I

A0AB7E30-CC91-46E5-AF2C-D9273E61096B.gif

NOTE: No Jets fans were hurt during the posting of this content.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The purpose is that the coach is so bad that he is tangibly damaging not only  the Q but other players on the team.  Bad habits about, waste or time for player development.

You hire an interim replacement, you tell him who you want him to play.

If you look at the defense, Williams has benched vets, got rid of vets and played young guys.

Frank Gore and joe flacco should be taking snaps.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I would think by now you know that everyone knows Gase is at least part of the problem.  I would think watching his coaching style up close everyone would come to the conclusion that even with more talent hes not the HC to take a team to winning playoff/contention status.  Hes as unimaginative and unoriginal a coach as I've ever seen, anywhere.    Sorry he doesnt get to not only not develop a top rated prospect at QB but ruin him, possibly forever and then get to use poor QB play as an excuse for his poor coaching.  

As for players we lost, other than Adams we didnt lose a player that makes even close to a difference.  And as for Adams one of his main complaints was playing for, you guessed it, Adam Gase.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The purpose is that the coach is so bad that he is tangibly damaging not only  the Q but other players on the team.  Bad habits about, waste or time for player development.

You hire an interim replacement, you tell him who you want him to play.

If you look at the defense, Williams has benched vets, got rid of vets and played young guys.

Frank Gore and joe flacco should be taking snaps.

Gase is damaging players by coaching another 10 games, whatever after the bye?  Greg Williams and his lousy coaching would change things?  I dont see where the gains are coming from.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would think by now you know that everyone knows Gase is at least part of the problem.  I would think watching his coaching style up close everyone would come to the conclusion that even with more talent hes not the HC to take a team to winning playoff/contention status.  Hes as unimaginative and unoriginal a coach as I've ever seen, anywhere

I would think that with the opt-outs, the trades, the releases, the injuries, the quarterback bust, and the fire sale, that this year is all about taking for Trevor.  The unimaginative offense is therefore by design.  We're not actually trying to win games here.  We are trying to lose somewhat respectfully.  And doing just that.

And, if you don't think that the Jets are trying to tank, then look at it this way:

We had the Denver game and the New England game both won if not for the defense blowing them with seconds left.  That's 2 wins.  And if the quarterback wasn't so awful we'd have beaten Miami on Sunday too.  That's 3 wins.  All the NFL experts and insiders had us at 5 wins this year and there are still 5 games left to play.

Point is, if Gregg Williams does his job for another 60 seconds and if Sam Darnold showed up and played like he did last year for a measly 60 minutes, we'd be tracking to the very 5-11 season everyone thought we would have completely healthy, with Jamal Adams, with CJ Mosely, with Le'Veon Bell, will all the WR's and draft class playing the whole season, etc. etc.  We are right where we are supposed to be despite all those player casualties if Gregg and Sam do their jobs.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I would think that with the opt-outs, the trades, the releases, the injuries, the quarterback bust, and the fire sale, that this year is all about taking for Trevor.  The unimaginative offense is therefore by design.  We're not actually trying to win games here.  We are trying to lose somewhat respectfully.  And doing just that.

And, if you don't think that the Jets are trying to tank, then look at it this way:

We had the Denver game and the New England game both won if not for the defense blowing them with seconds left.  That's 2 wins.  And if the quarterback wasn't so awful we'd have beaten Miami on Sunday too.  That's 3 wins.  All the NFL experts and insiders had us at 5 wins this year and there are still 5 games left to play.

Point is, if Gregg Williams does his job for another 60 seconds and if Sam Darnold showed up and played like he did last year for a measly 60 minutes, we'd be tracking to the very 5-11 season everyone thought we would have completely healthy, with Jamal Adams, with CJ Mosely, with Le'Veon Bell, will all the WR's and draft class playing the whole season, etc. etc.  We are right where we are supposed to be despite all those player casualties if Gregg and Sam do their jobs.

SAR I

ED27BFBE-8F22-4D85-BCCC-E9B722E57D09.jpeg

• Haha 1
On 11/30/2020 at 9:43 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Orlovksy is a Darnold defender who basically tweeted that Darnold's poor performance yesterday was 100% the fault of the playcalling.

Gase is obviously terrible but that's obviously preposterous. Darnold was dreadful yesterday.

QBs are always going to stick up for other QBs and Orlovsky might have an axe to grind with Gase. The onion has many layers.

How someone can watch the Jets on a week to week basis and say Darnold's not a big issue is deluding themselves. The offense looked fairly competent with Flacco leading it.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Again, Adams claims he wanted out because of your so called head of the org.  Your guy.  McClendon isnt close to being a viable player, Williamson adds nothing.  Sorry its more Gase and really sorry for you if you believe the season sucks because Gase and company were heading a planned tank for Trevor run here.  Thats total nonsense because players dont tank, the other coaching arent slitting their own paychecks for Trevor.  Its a lame excuse for those who dont follow the game though the years.  

Gre Williams coaching has been a blessing, given the players he has and the shlt hole filed position Gase and his offense leaves him.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You missed one:

6:  Adam Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  The Johnson's are no longer relying on the likes of Neil Glat and Mike Maccagnan for football advice and instead have brought in a legitimate football insider as a head coach to make all the decisions autonomously.  They are in this together for the long-haul and it is expected that a 5 win team hit with opt-outs, trades, releases, injuries, and a bust quarterback this could be a no-win season and they are prepared to deal with the fallout in this no-fans no-cost season.

All signs point to this.

SAR I

On 11/30/2020 at 9:15 AM, SAR I said:

gasecj.jpg

SAR I

On 11/30/2020 at 9:19 AM, SAR I said:

First off, he's not "my boy".  I don't love the guy.  I just don't want Todd Bowles II or Herman Edwards II, decent coordinators or position coaches who suck at the big job and that's exactly what will happen.  We are a bottom-of-the barrel franchise, have been for 50 years, besides lucking out with Parcells and his unique Giants/Patriots vendetta, we don't attract any talent at head coach.

Adam Gase manages the team and manages the media well.  That's the majority of the battle right there.  When the team is rebuilt we will know a) if Gase is a decent coach after all or b) if we can attract a truly top-tier head coach.  Until then, the devil we know is better than the one we don't.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oooh, 1 media flub in 27 games.

Overreact much, Eeyore?

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Can't WAIT to see the takes we get after Gase is sh*tcanned immediately following the season. 

Gonna be great!

• Haha 1

Again, Adams claims he wanted out because of your so called head of the org.  Your guy.

That is not correct.  At MetLife, I sit next to a long-time season ticket holder that is very close with Jamal Adams' dad and he's been telling me since his second season that he didn't want to be here and wanted to play for Dallas.  Look it up.  Use search, I said this back in 2018.  Gase had nothing to do with it.  The Gase pile-on was more of Jamal being selfish.

Sorry its more Gase and really sorry for you if you believe the season sucks because Gase and company were heading a planned tank for Trevor run here.  Thats total nonsense because players dont tank, the other coaching arent slitting their own paychecks for Trevor.  Its a lame excuse for those who dont follow the game though the years.  

If the players can barely win games because they aren't talented and don't have an NFL caliber quarterback then its rather easy for a head coach to make the 3-4 decisions each Sunday to lose the game.  Not going for 4th downs.  Taking FG's instead of going for TD's.  Running an old back into the middle of the line over and over again.  What you see as bad playcalls are actually the tank in action.  Gase knows he's coming back.  He can do this with impunity.

Gre Williams coaching has been a blessing,

OMG, you've got to be kidding.  Gregg Williams defense looks passable the last few weeks but for the first half of the season an absolute embarassment.  Tackling in particular.  Penalties.  PI, roughing the passer, it's endless.  Defending Gregg Williams is ridiculous.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Can't WAIT to see the takes we get after Gase is sh*tcanned immediately following the season. 

Gonna be great!

Oh it's going to be great, but for me and the other rational Jets fans when Gase remains.  The rest of you?  The meltdown is going to be hysterical.  It's going to be like Bobby Bonilla and Yoenis Cespedis wrapped into one.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the players can barely win games because they aren't talented and don't have an NFL caliber quarterback then its rather easy for a head coach to make the 3-4 decisions each Sunday to lose the game.  Not going for 4th downs.  Taking FG's instead of going for TD's.  Running an old back into the middle of the line over and over again.  What you see as bad playcalls are actually the tank in action.  Gase knows he's coming back.  He can do this with impunity.

OMG, you've got to be kidding.  Gregg Williams defense looks passable the last few weeks but for the first half of the season an absolute embarassment.  Tackling in particular.  Penalties.  PI, roughing the passer, it's endless.  Defending Gregg Williams is ridiculous.

SAR I

One last time, its one thing to have a crappy record because of a lack of talent.  Its a far different thing to be 0-11, to not be in just about every single game, to lose by record amounts, to not be prepared, to be undisciplined and to not be able to make in game or half time adjustments.  These are all under the heading of HC.  Gase makes mistakes on 4th down, on the actual calls, lying to the about stupid things like play calling, hes a catastrophe.  Hes not coming back, I'll place that bet today.  Hes gone, let the door kick him in the ass on the way out.  You have to be simple, sorry not you personally,  if you believe Gase is calling dumb assed plays to fail, to lose games on purpose, to help lose those games to get Lawrence for the next HC

Tackling. Penalties.  PI. Roughing the passer.  None of these are coaching issues, theyre a lack of talent issue.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

One last time, its one thing to have a crappy record because of a lack of talent.  Its a far different thing to be 0-11, to not be in just about every single game, to lose by record amounts, to not be prepared, to be undisciplined and to not be able to make in game or half time adjustments.  These are all under the heading of HC.  Gase makes mistakes on 4th down, on the actual calls, lying to the about stupid things like play calling, hes a catastrophe.  Hes not coming back, I'll place that bet today.  Hes gone, let the door kick him in the ass on the way out.  You have to be simple, sorry not you personally,  if you believe Gase is calling dumb assed plays to fail, to lose games on purpose, to help lose those games to get Lawrence for the next HC

Tackling. Penalties.  PI. Roughing the passer.  None of these are coaching issues, theyre a lack of talent issue.  

Despite all this, despite all the injuries, despite the opt-out, despite the trades, despite the releases....

The Jets would be tracking to the same 5-11 season all the experts predicted back in June if only Gregg Williams could hold on for another 60 seconds against Denver and New England and if only Sam Darnold could play like he did last year for another 60 minutes against Miami.  We're a few tackles and a few better throws away from the very 5-11 season almost everyone expected.  So there is no problem with Gase.  There is a problem at quarterback.  You can't win with Johnny Manziel and that's what we have.

SAR I

On 11/30/2020 at 9:43 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Orlovksy is a Darnold defender who basically tweeted that Darnold's poor performance yesterday was 100% the fault of the playcalling.

Gase is obviously terrible but that's obviously preposterous. Darnold was dreadful yesterday.

Did he really? wow

The other side of this is, what happens if you fire Gase and Williams gives this team a spark and Darnold looks good.  They win 2 or 3 games, is that a good thing?  There goes TL.  There goes JF.  Are you now like, lets see what Williams can do and give him 2021?  I could totally see the Jets doing something that stupid.

There is no upside to firing Gase now.  He made the bed, he's been smug prick along the way, let him sleep in it, wipe the whole staff out in the offseason and start over.  Hopefully.

• Upvote 2