Sign in to follow this  
WowOhWow

No one can succeed in this scheme

40 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Not a Darnold apologist but I believe it's impossible to evaluate him in Gase's scheme.  It is laughable, literally.  

That's why I believe we need to get Gase as far away as possible from this team.  Darnold has played the equivalent of 2 seasons and has been in and out of the lineup over that time (injuries).

I'd take Lawrence and keep Darnold.  I'm OK moving on from Darnold...but Gase is the problem

I don’t hate darnold either. I think he has been misused but when you get a chance to upgrade the position you do so.  And wish darnold luck on his new team.  Darnolds greatest value will be after the draft and before next season starts.  He’ll have one cheap year and then an option year if the next team chooses to keep him. Meanwhile the jets would have Lawrence for four or maybe five seasons at a cheap rate.  That’s a pretty good deal.  It might be different if darnold had some special chemistry with the other players but that doesn’t appear to be the case.  There have been a whole load of new faces coming and out over his 3 seasons.

and let’s not forget he’s not exactly outplaying any of the other rookie or first year qbs.

• Upvote 2

Sammy is NOT ruined I'm convinced. They should retain him and draft TL. Straight up QB competition in TC 2021.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Flacco looked ok. Darnold sucks. I was a huge fan and maybe he’ll succeed elsewhere but it’s impossible to defend him anymore. Lawrence or Fields will be a Jet. Sam is toast 

Flaccos QBER is 56.1

Sams QBR is 36.1

worst in the NFL

his last 3 yrs vs starters is also worst in the NFL

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Flacco has looked fine

He really hasnt outside of one game.  The scheme sucks no matter who's at QB

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

But Sammy boy loves his HC ...

No more ill-advised than his decisions with a football in his hand.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He really hasnt outside of one game.

This sounds a lot like a description of Sam Darnold's NFL career.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Flaccos QBER is 56.1

Sams QBR is 36.1

worst in the NFL

his last 3 yrs vs starters is also worst in the NFL

Yup. He doesn’t have a TD pass in his last 4 games. Sam is done. If there are any Sam defenders left after today, nothing can he done to change their minds. They just have to accept he’s gone 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just wait a couple of years and you'll all be saying the same about whomever we draft at qb next year.

This team is doomed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Not a Darnold apologist but I believe it's impossible to evaluate him in Gase's scheme. 

The latter part of your statement exposes your lie in the first part of your statement.  

You are a Darnold apologist.  Both Gase and Sam Darnold suck.  

1 hour ago, genot said:

Flacco looked ok against junk secondary. Dolphins have a very good secondary

Darnold was supposed to "ball out" now that he has his 3 healthy WR's.  Now the excuse is the defense he faced?  

For f**k's sake.  

If you're going to use that excuse, you don't get to talk about the final 8 games of last season anymore, when Darnold faced 5 of the worst defenses in the NFL.  All of that gets washed away.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

But Sammy boy loves his HC ...

If there was any possible doubt about Darnold..this should be all the proof you need that his brain don't work good.  😉🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And Darnold's collegiate career too, for that matter.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Flacco looked ok against junk secondary. Dolphins have a very good secondary

That patriots secondary looked pretty good against the best WR in the game today.

He’s a good kid but he throws flat footed, into double coverage, holds the ball too long

He’s  at the point where he should be manipulating defenders with his eyes, throwing guys open and getting rid of the ball when the play is dead 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

One really has nothing to do with the other in they both can be uninspiring.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold was supposed to "ball out" now that he has his 3 healthy WR's.  Now the excuse is the defense he faced?  

For f**k's sake. 

If you're going to use that excuse, you don't get to talk about the final 8 games of last season anymore, when Darnold faced 5 of the worst defenses in the NFL.  All of that gets washed away.

Before you slam me on the top of the head. I think Sam' is messed up thanks to a god awful coach and scheme. We talked a few days ago,and you mentioned throwing the receivers open. What about scheme and motion that creates open targets. We see none of that with Gase. Many of Darnolds throws we're in very tight windows. Even with Mims. 

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Before you slam me on the top of the head. I think Sam' is messed up thanks to a god awful coach and scheme. We talked a few days ago,and you mentioned throwing the receivers open. What about scheme and motion that creates open targets. We see none of that with Gase. Many of Darnolds throws we're in very tight windows. Even with Mims. 

He had wide open receivers on both of his picks. 

And throwing a guy open is exactly what a QB needs to do sometimes when there are tight windows.  How often do you watch other QB's play?  Because the top 15 or so guys in the league do it on a fairly regular basis.  Back shoulder throws especially.  Darnold never does it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Flacco has twice as many TD passes in half as many starts.

This isn't that complex.  Sam Darnold is an absolutely dreadful QB who every once in a rare while (Rose Bowl, Green Bay) has an impressive game.

its a pathological state

ignorance GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For f**k's sake.  

they are actually sick in the head...     

keep em at length

tell off dani fernandez GIF by Hyper RPG

6 minutes ago, genot said:

Can we even evaluate whether the windows are tight tho

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No more ill-advised than his decisions with a football in his hand.

I was expecting him to say hes lost all confidence in his HC/OC

Its not really fair 

23 minutes ago, genot said:

Darnold doesn’t see wide open receivers.  This isn’t a one game issue either.  There is tons of film of him missing wide open guys this year.

Regarding tight window throws:

Flacco threw into more tight window throws, and wasn’t nearly this awful.  He also, as I said in my last reply to you, played against tougher defenses than Miami and was fine.

Sam is the problem.  Period.  No more excuses.  He’s a great kid.  I hope he does well somewhere else, but he hasn’t progressed and he just isn’t what we thought he was.

• Upvote 1