No one can succeed in this scheme

WowOhWow

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s a good kid but he throws flat footed, into double coverage, holds the ball too long

He’s  at the point where he should be manipulating defenders with his eyes, throwing guys open and getting rid of the ball when the play is dead 

He hasn't progressed. He looked more sure of himself as a rookie. Gase has screwed with his progress. Exactly why,  ( the psychology of it), i can't say why. All accounts we're that he was a smart coachable QB, coming out of college. The flaws he had we're easily addresable. The change in coach and scheme has him really messed up. I f...in hate Gase. I really do

• Upvote 3

Darnold is toast here. Bart pointed out early in the postgame that 11 weeks into the season they still don’t block A gap blitzes. If you can’t see that now in your third year then that is a major problem. 

Maybe he succeeds somewhere else with a competent HC but his time here is done

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Darnold is toast here. Bart pointed out early in the postgame that 11 weeks into the season they still don’t block A gap blitzes. If you can’t see that now in your third year then that is a major problem. 

Maybe he succeeds somewhere else with a competent HC but his time here is done

I’ve been saying it for weeks.  It’s not an offensive line problem, it’s a QB problem.  He’s not recognizing things pre-snap.  Flacco was much better at this in his starts and the line, unsurprisingly, played much better.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The latter part of your statement exposes your lie in the first part of your statement.  

You are a Darnold apologist.  Both Gase and Sam Darnold suck.  

do you have an opinion on if it's possible to evaluate or are you just a total a$$hole who offers nothing and kills threads.  Offer an opinion or GTFO of this thread.  Stop killing threads with your stupidity.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, genot said:

He hasn't progressed. He looked more sure of himself as a rookie. Gase has screwed with his progress. Exactly why,  ( the psychology of it), i can't say why. All accounts we're that he was a smart coachable QB, coming out of college. The flaws he had we're easily addresable.

Come for the blurbs. Stay for the three chins and mono.

1 minute ago, WowOhWow said:

do you have an opinion on if it's possible to evaluate or are you just a total a$$hole who offers nothing and kills threads.  Offer an opinion or GTFO of this thread.  Stop killing threads with your stupidity.

No. It's completely impossible to evaluate. Darnold looks terrible and always has, but might actually be awesome. Nobody knows!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I've already offered an opinion.  Sam Darnold is a terrible QB.  Prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've already offered an opinion.  Sam Darnold is a terrible QB.  Prove me wrong.

He's not good.  My point is I think Gase's scheme is so F@cked up that no one can succeed.  Looking at his track record it seems players and teams get better when he leaves.  Same can be in store for us.  That's my view and why I'm not sure about Darnold.  I think he's got talent but his coach is perhaps, literally, the worst coach and biggest fraud in NFL history.  Literally.  Worse than Kotite...

Just now, WowOhWow said:

He's not good.  My point is I think Gase's scheme is so F@cked up that no one can succeed.  Looking at his track record it seems players and teams get better when he leaves.  Same can be in store for us.  That's my view and why I'm not sure about Darnold.  I think he's got talent but his coach is perhaps, literally, the worst coach and biggest fraud in NFL history.  Literally.  Worse than Kotite...

Gase is also terrible at his job.  Yes.  Correct.

5 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

How do you know nobody is succeeding if it's impossible to evaluate? This is all very confusing.

19 minutes ago, genot said:

He hasn't progressed. He looked more sure of himself as a rookie. Gase has screwed with his progress. Exactly why,  ( the psychology of it), i can't say why. All accounts we're that he was a smart coachable QB, coming out of college. The flaws he had we're easily addresable. The change in coach and scheme has him really messed up. I f...in hate Gase. I really do

He has consistently ranked in the bottom 10 of QBs his whole career. He is what he is 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Moreover, Flacco's career is over. He's being compared to Darnold as though Flacco is also a 24 year-old QB finishing up his 3rd NFL season. In reality Flacco is a has-been who, in his best-ever season, was never a superstar himself (though he did have that great playoff run in his SB season, but that was like forever ago in football years). Also that was further perfect timing for himself personally, as Ozzie have him that ridiculous contract right after that and what a huge mistake it was. 

Regardless, the last time Flacco was on a decent team - which the Jets aren't - he got benched for a rookie who was billed as being unready to play the position at the pro level. He had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio back then as well. That was 2 seasons and one neck surgery ago. 

That Darnold is comparing so unfavorably to Joe Flacco is pretty damning. Whatever one might imagine he "could" be in much better circumstances is irrelevant. He's shown nowhere near enough to still go with him, with just one last rookie contract cheap season, over another with a clean slate and 4 cheap seasons. The term no-brainer isn't nearly strong enough.

All that, and Darnold is just so obviously horrendous.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Sammy is NOT ruined I'm convinced. They should retain him and draft TL. Straight up QB competition in TC 2021.

That would remind me of the Sanchez/Tebow experiment (with Sam being the clown circus). 

No thnx. 

Sam is done. He's finished as a Jet; and hopefully we can receive a late round draft pick for his services (because no team would be idiotic enough to offer a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder for him anymore). 

Adam Gase stinks but where was Adam Gase's "scheme" while Sam was an absolute turnover prone, fumbling machine and INT freak @ both High School and USC? 

Look. You can take Sam away from Gase but you'll never be able to take Sam away from Darnold (he stinks). 

• Upvote 2

I think the following things are all true, at the same time

Gase’s scheme is terrible, for any QB, he’s just an abysmal play caller. That said, Darnold has been just plain awful - it can’t all be pinned on scheme - he is now just a bad QB. Flacco has done considerably better with this scheme buts he still struggled because he’s a mediocre QB and it’s a terrible scheme.

As for Darnold - he is considerably worse now than he was in his rookie season. Even the first part of his season, when he had ups and downs, he was a lot better than this. That means that it’s fair to attribute his decline to Gase/Loggains for not fixing his mechanical issues and teaching him properly. Not really a surprise, considering Gase track record and that we seemingly refuse to give a promising young rookie a dedicated QB coach. 

But the damage is now done. Keeping him is pointless as he’s now just a bad QB and he is ruined, certainly here. 

It’d be like keeping a car that’s smashed up and trashed, but in terms of engines and aesthetics because you think if you give it a new paint job it’ll fix the engine troubles. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold was supposed to "ball out" now that he has his 3 healthy WR's.  Now the excuse is the defense he faced?  

For f**k's sake.  

If you're going to use that excuse, you don't get to talk about the final 8 games of last season anymore, when Darnold faced 5 of the worst defenses in the NFL.  All of that gets washed away.

Results based analysis. No surprise.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Moreover, Flacco's career is over. He's being compared to Darnold as though Flacco is also a 24 year-old QB finishing up his 3rd NFL season. In reality Flacco is a has-been who, in his best-ever season, was never a superstar himself (though he did have that great playoff run in his SB season, but that was like forever ago in football years). Also that was further perfect timing for himself personally, as Ozzie have him that ridiculous contract right after that and what a huge mistake it was. 

Regardless, the last time Flacco was on a decent team - which the Jets aren't - he got benched for a rookie who was billed as being unready to play the position at the pro level. He had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio back then as well. That was 2 seasons and one neck surgery ago. 

That Darnold is comparing so unfavorably to Joe Flacco is pretty damning. Whatever one might imagine he "could" be in much better circumstances is irrelevant. He's shown nowhere near enough to still go with him, with just one last rookie contract cheap season, over another with a clean slate and 4 cheap seasons. The term no-brainer isn't nearly strong enough.

Beautiful post. Hilarious that people still feel a need to “take the Pats game away” to grade Darnold on a curve. They’re missing the point — if you’re even arguing that Darnold is better than Joe Flaccosaurus, you’ve lost the argument.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Flacco didn’t look fine - he still sucked and he’s been in the league for over a decade.  Darn old is learning from Gase and Loggains. 

Flacco looked mediocre.  Sam’s confidence is shot.  You need a certain confidence and cockiness to be a good qb in the nfl and Gase and 3 years of poor mismanagement by the Jets has wrecked him mentally 

4 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I was the biggest Darnold fan, but this is bad. The scheme can keep a guy from being a top elite QB, but an unmitigated disaster, a big part is on him

It really is time to move on with Trevor

I’m hoping Sam becomes the next offensive player to find success post-Gase - and I’m pretty sure that will happen

20 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Not a Darnold apologist but I believe it's impossible to evaluate him in Gase's scheme.  It is laughable, literally.  

That's why I believe we need to get Gase as far away as possible from this team.  Darnold has played the equivalent of 2 seasons and has been in and out of the lineup over that time (injuries).

I'd take Lawrence and keep Darnold.  I'm OK moving on from Darnold...but Gase is the problem

If we’re lucky enough to land TL:.....Keeping Darnold does not benefit TL, in fact it almost certainly makes his job more difficult.  

Everything this team does over the next two years should start and end with one basic concept.- does it help Trevor!