HC: Retained (Hue Jackson)
GM: Fired week 13

2008 Detroit Lions
HC: Fired
GM: Fired week 4

1976 TB Buccaneers
HC: Retained
GM: Retained (he was the owner)

What does Jets ownership do? Seems like the majority of Jets fans (including myself), want Adam Gase fired and Joe Douglas retained. 

Are you 100% confident that Joe Douglas is retained and Adam Gase is fired?

As much of a total embarrassment to his family and country as Woody is... My only hope is that he comes back and wants to take back the reigns and reset stuff on the way back in...

Just can't imagine any other ownership set up where Gase would still be employed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, emesola said:

Winless NFL teams and their FO staff:

2017 Cleveland Browns

2008 Detroit Lions

1976 TB Buccaneers

What does Jets ownership do? Seems like the majority of Jets fans (including myself), want Adam Gase fired and Joe Douglas retained. 

I'm 100% confident Joe D is retained and that Gase won't be back as our HC next year.  I think there's a very small chance that CJ loves Gase and bumps him up to some kind of front office job though.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

As much of a total embarrassment to his family and country as Woody is... My only hope is that he comes back and wants to take back the reigns and reset stuff on the way back in...

Just can't imagine any other ownership set up where Gase would still be employed. 

The Great Reset?  No thanks.

• Upvote 1

2017 Cleveland Browns

2008 Detroit Lions

1976 TB Buccaneers

Fire Gase. Blame him for everything. 

We need a true culture change and the only way to do so immediately...

Hire Jim Harbaugh AND retain Douglas. 

He brings instant credibility and stability to the team. I truly believe he would work very well with Douglas.

• Haha 1

Just now, ryu79 said:

Well, reset by getting rid of Gase, trading Sam and rebuilding in draft with JD. 

Do you have something else in mind?

Fully on board with getting rid of Gase and rebuilding through the draft with Joe D.  Sam we could potentially bring back as a backup if we can't get much for him.  

2017 Cleveland Browns

2008 Detroit Lions

1976 TB Buccaneers

As an outsider, I don't understand the love for Joe Douglas. He has been the worst GM at acquiring talent since he arrived with the Jets. 

The Jets need to get a GM and Coach who are working in tandem. Truth is, if the Jets start off poorly next year, Joe Douglas' seat will be very hot. 

You risk having a Coach and GM on different paths if you keep Joe Douglas.

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, emesola said:

I AM 100 PERCENT SURE OF THE FOUR FOLLOWING THINGS:

1) Joe Douglas will be retained

2) Adam Gase will be fired

3) I am tired of discussing IF Joe Douglas should be retained.

4) I am tired of discussing IF Adam Gase will be fired.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

As an outsider, I don't understand the love for Joe Douglas. He has been the worst GM at acquiring talent since he arrived with the Jets. 

The Jets need to get a GM and Coach who are working in tandem. Truth is, if the Jets start off poorly next year, Joe Douglas' seat will be very hot. 

You risk having a Coach and GM on different paths if you keep Joe Douglas.

Cut down on the SOJ Kool-Aid...First of all that s**t is green.  Second of all, its very intoxicating, and clearly you're drunk.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I gave you an entire breakdown of his Free Agency and Draft and mentioned how there are numbers and statistics to back up how this is patently false in your ridiculous thread the other day and you totally ignored it, so here it is again:

Free Agency:

Fant has been very solid.  This was a signing everyone, myself included, expected to be a disappointment yet he’s exceeded expectations immensely.

Alex Lewis has played well, despite being nicked up over the course of the year.

GVR started slow but has been playing great ball nowadays.  

McGovern has been up and down, he might need to move back to G next year.

Statistically, the entire offensive line is VASTLY improved from the one Maccagnan built last year, and we haven’t even discussed the fact that QB play, primarily from Sam, has made it look worse because Darnold, and sometimes Flacco, holds the ball too long, fails to identify a pre-snap blitz, set the correct protections, or identify a wide open receiver.  Flacco is better at both of these things and it’s no surprise the line has played much better in games that he’s started.

Perriman is playing himself into a second contract as of late.

Desir was a bust of a signing, but didn’t really kill us for the future, so no use in crying over it.

Jordan Jenkins has been status quo.  Solid run stuffer and good leader. 

You aren’t going to hit on every move, but no, Douglas did not “miss on almost every single free agent”.

Let’s discuss the draft:

Mekhi Becton is an absolute stud.  

Denzel Mims has been everything we’ve wanted since coming back from his hamstring injuries.  

Ashtyn Davis has played great as of late after a, admittedly, rough start.  Today was up and down.

Bryce Hall was fantastic in his first two games, one of which he as a starter going against Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.  You can’t possibly ask for more from a guy who tore his ACL last year and was 5th round pick.  He battled extremely well against DeVante Parker, another top tier WR, today.

La’Mical Perine looks like a solid change of pace back for a 4th round pick.  He might not ever be a featured 3-down back, but he can fit the Bilal Powell “jack of all trades, master of none” role very well, especially when the overall offensive talent gets better, teams stop stacking the box, and basically dare us to throw against them.

Bryce Huff has been a very solid UDFA pick up who sets the edge well and generates pressure despite only getting limited snaps.

Jabari Zuniga needs to improve, yes.  It would be nice if he could get reps over Jordan Jenkins since the playoffs (LOL) are out of reach and Jenkins, likely, doesn’t have a future here, but Gregg Williams hasn’t done this because the coaching staff is trying to save their own jobs or audition for others.

Braden Mann has been a very solid punter, especially for how often he’s been used as a rookie.  

James Morgan was a developmental draft pick; if he becomes a good back-up it’s a perfectly fine pick.  I firmly believe that a team should take a QB in every draft.  Especially if they don’t have a cemented franchise QB.

Cameron Clarke hasn’t played yet due to Lewis and GVR playing well, but he has a real chance to be a future starter at G.  He had a strong camp, got hurt, and is currently being developed.  There is no reason to be up in arms over the pick.

Douglas, all things considered, has had a very good 1st year. When you you look at the pieces he’s added, factor in how much draft capital he has accumulated, and how much CAP flexibility he has built for himself, there are a ton of reasons to be excited when it comes to the future of this franchise.  If he gets a top 2 draft pick, he will be very well positioned to land a top tier head coaching candidate to pair with a highly rated QB prospect, one of which is viewed as generational, that he can build around.

Fant is overpaid for being slightly below average. He is the 6th highest paid right tackle and he isn't playing like it.

Becton and Mims are the only decent players you named.

That still doesn't change the fact that he has acquired less talent than any other GM since he was hired. The only exceptions are GMs who are about to be fired.

51 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Fant is overpaid for being slightly below average. He is the 6th highest paid right tackle and he isn't playing like it.

Becton and Mims are the only decent players you named.

That still doesn't change the fact that he has acquired less talent than any other GM since he was hired. The only exceptions are GMs who are about to be fired.

Fant is far from overpaid and he is certainly playing up to expectations. He is currently graded as an above average starter.  

Unless you are going to give me actual reasons with numbers to back up your opinion, you are wrong.  In your thread you had the ridiculous idea to attack Bryce Hall because Arthur Maulet and the other DBs gave up a lot of yardage so your opinion doesn’t hold much weight.  

The last part of your post is, objectively, wrong.  You can bold it all you want.  Again, I can back my points up with actual numbers and evidence.  Many of the individuals HE has brought in have played well.  It’s impossible to fix the last regime's mistakes in one year. 

16 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Jesus, some jets fans will tell you piss tastes like champagne when they're in full homer mode.

“Everything Joe Douglas has done is bad because I no longer can wear my Prezident 33 Jersey anymore”

Glad to see you’re still not over it.

The truth is that the biggest reason the Jets are 0-11 right now is player underperformance.

Obviously Gase has a hand in this, but I don’t see where Douglas can be blamed.

He essentially brought back the same defense that was ranked 8th last year only see them turn into a complete dumpster fire this year, despite the emergence of Quinnen Williams. 

On offense Sam Darnold is turning in one of the worst statistical QB seasons in the 21st century. Who could have predicted that? Obviously losing Robby Anderson is JDs fault, but it turns out Perriman and Mims could play a bit. Chris Herndon and the TE position was another flop that I don’t think you can pin on Douglas. 

The schedule is another factor. The Jets as of now only have three games with losing record teams and nearly won two of them (Broncos and Pats). There is a chance that by years end everyone on their schedule is above .500 sans Denver. 

All in all 2020 is shaping up to be the perfect storm of suck.

-Brutal schedule

-Injuries galore 

-Player underperformance 

-Historically inept QB play 

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Jesus, some jets fans will tell you piss tastes like champagne when they're in full homer mode.

Joe Douglas has played a major role in creating one of the worst rosters of all time..........

yet some people here treat him like he is Ozzie Newsome. It's not even like the guy had prior success to show that this isn't the norm.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

An 0-11 team on the verge of 0-16 is a sure fire way to tell your GM has nailed all his free agents and draft picks.

The biggest problem and reason for that is the Head Coach and QB that he didn’t bring here, but by all means, keep pining for the days of Maccagnan and his flashy overpaid free agents because ESPN knows their names and that’s all you go by.

Go ahead.  Tell me what my large post said was wrong.  Back it up too.  Don’t just post your opinions.  I want evidence.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Joe Douglas has played a major role in creating one of the worst rosters of all time..........

yet some people here treat him like he is Ozzie Newsome. It's not even like the guy had prior success to show that this isn't the norm.

Not even an attempt at a rebuttal and more, objectively, false statements.

pathetic the little mermaid GIF

15 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

I agree JD has proved nothing so far in regards to being a competent GM, but to say he had a major role in building this roster is absurd. 

Keep in mind five of the highest paid players are no longer even Jets (Trumaine Johnson, LeVeon Bell, CJ Mosley, Quincy Enunwa). 

18 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

You want blame? Blame Idzik and Mac for this mess and leading it towards creating one of the worst rosters of all time, not Joe Douglas. Joe D legit has only had 1 draft so far for crying loud, and it's already better than any draft both the stooges in Idzik and Mac ever had for starters.

Of course, we got certain people like yourself who want to oust him because he didn't turn this team into a championship contender overnight lmaoo. Newsflash, it doesn't really work that way.

• Upvote 1