Winless NFL teams and their FO staff:

emesola

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The biggest problem and reason for that is the Head Coach and QB that he didn’t bring here, but by all means, keep pining for the days of Maccagnan and his flashy overpaid free agents because ESPN knows their names and that’s all you go by.

Go ahead.  Tell me what my large post said was wrong.  Back it up too.  Don’t just post your opinions.  I want evidence.

Who could possibly have rebuttals for such solid arguements like calling mann a solid punter, someone who is ranked in the bottom half of the league in every stat. Or calling perine, a guy with a 3.7 average a solid change of pace back.

Your post is devoid of facts, filled with fantasy and laughable analysis that reads like a 14 year old wrote it that cant stand to be critical of his father joe Douglas.

But yes, keep telling us what an amazing job the guy who built the worst roster in the NFL is doing, a team that is quite literally historically bad.

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Who could possibly have rebuttals for such solid arguements like calling mann a solid punter, someone who is ranked in the bottom half of the league in every stat. Or calling perine, a guy with a 3.7 average a solid change of pace back.

Your post is devoid of facts, filled with fantasy and laughable analysis that reads like a 14 year old wrote it that cant stand to be critical of his father joe Douglas.

But yes, keep telling us what an amazing job the guy who built the worst roster in the NFL is doing, a team that is quite literally historically bad.

Pattttttttthetic.

Go buy a Seattle Adams Jersey and disappear from here.

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But yes, keep telling us what an amazing job the guy who built the worst roster in the NFL is doing.

Another "genius." Please tell me where he built most of this roster? He's also only had 1 draft that he's already nailed miles over what the two previous GM's did combined. 

Like I told the previous guy, your blame lies on Idzik and Mac's shoulders, not Joe D. I get your frustration, but put the blame where it belongs, on the two previous stooges. 

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Another "genius." Please tell me where he built most of this roster? He's also only had 1 draft that he's already nailed miles over what the two previous GM's did combined. 

Like I told the previous guy, your blame lies on Idzik and Mac's shoulders, not Joe D. I get your frustration, but put the blame where it belongs, on the two previous stooges. 

Go look at the roster. Half of it was Joe Douglas. Beating your chest over this draft screams volumes.

• Thumb Down 1

Its hilarious how heavily you rely on ad hominem because you know you're full of sh*t.

I have absolutely zero interest in debating someone who cried over the Adams trade and cutting of Le’Veon Bell.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Go look at the roster. Half of it was Joe Douglas. Beating your chest over this draft screams volumes.

Lol, half? Please provide examples instead of talking out of your behind.

And the biggest long-term burden contracts (top 5 at least) weren't even on Joe Douglas for starters. 

Of course, you want to dodge his draft because it doesn't fit your false narrative, lmaooo. 

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fant is far from overpaid and he is certainly playing up to expectations. He is currently graded as an above average starter.  

Unless you are going to give me actual reasons with numbers to back up your opinion, you are wrong.  In your thread you had the ridiculous idea to attack Bryce Hall because Arthur Maulet and the other DBs gave up a lot of yardage so your opinion doesn’t hold much weight.  

The last part of your post is, objectively, wrong.  You can bold it all you want.  Again, I can back my points up with actual numbers and evidence.  Many of the individuals HE has brought in have played well.  It’s impossible to fix the last regime's mistakes in one year. 

Name me one GM that isn't about to be fired that has acquired less talent than the Jets since JD was hired.

You really think Douglas planned to be this bad? No GM wants 0-16 on their resume. 

The roster was awful last year and with one full off-season, Douglas turned it into a historically bad roster.

No roster is in a worse position to support a young than the Jets. Bad WRs being forced targets doesn't make them good.

According to you, the O-line is better and the WRs are better.

If all of that is true, why is the Jets offense so much worse this year. They are on pace to be one of the worst offenses of all time. 

Don't even give me injuries as an excuses because even in games where Mims, Perriman and Becton all played, the Jets are still averaging a league low 17 points per game.

3 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Name me one GM that isn't about to be fired that has acquired less talent than the Jets since JD was hired.

You really think Douglas planned to be this bad? No GM wants 0-16 on their resume. 

The roster was awful last year and with one full off-season, Douglas turned it into a historically bad roster.

No roster is in a worse position to support a young than the Jets. Bad WRs being forced targets doesn't make them good.

If all of that is true, why is the Jets offense so much worse this year. They are on pace to be one of the worst offenses of all time. 

Don't even give me injuries as an excuses because even in games where Mims, Perriman and Becton all played, the Jets are still averaging a league low 17 points per game.

No, but the fact is, Douglas was right. Darnold isn't the guy, period. There's a reason he didn't aim to be more competitive. Also, who else did you want to sign that would have been some game changer? 

Mims, Crowder, Perriman, Bell (at least as a pass catcher), and Herndon isn't a horrendous group of targets. If you want a shakeup, it's gonna be Gase being gone, and Darnold at the very least, not the starter. 

Of course, you want to oust Joe Douglas after 1 year, and 1 draft (where he's done the best in years compared to Idzik & Mac). Are we supposed to take you seriously? Lmaoo

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Lol, half? Please provide examples.

And the biggest long-term burden contracts weren't even on Joe Douglas for starters. 

Of course, you want to dodge his draft because it doesn't fit your false narrative, lmaooo. 

Go look at the roster. This isnt hard.

What's to dodge? Becton looks great, but cant stay on the field. Mims looks solid. The rest is a bunch of question Mark's AT BEST. We celebrating perine who's production could be replaced by a UDFA? How about james Morgan who will probably never see a single snap for this team? How about mann who looks worse than the punter we cut for? What exactly is so good about this draft? How about that 3rd round pass rusher?

Yes, world class draft. How about we actually wait to see if this draft does turn out well before declaring it a success. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Go look at the roster. This isnt hard.

What's to dodge? Becton looks great, but cant stay on the field. Mims looks solid. The rest is a bunch of question Mark's AT BEST. We celebrating perine who's production could be replaced by a UDFA? How about james Morgan who will probably never see a single snap for this team? How about mann who looks worse than the punter we cut for? What exactly is so good about this draft? How about that 3rd round pass rusher?

Yes, world class draft. How about we actually wait to see if this draft does turn out well before declaring it a success. 

Bryce Hall looks like he can be a player.

And exactly, and can the Joe D detractors give him more time than 1 year and 1 draft to prove his worth? ?

14 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Name me one GM that isn't about to be fired that has acquired less talent than the Jets since JD was hired..

Ryan Pace.  He’s been an abomination.  His seat is 50/50 right now.  Gettleman is up there too.  Word is he won’t be getting fired for the sake of continuity.  There’s two for you.

I’m ignoring the rest because the roster from last year was built by Maccagnan and, furthermore, I’m not in the business of making any sort of excuses for Sam Darnold.  I’ve addressed that.  He and Adam Gase are the main reasons why this offense are trash.   The corpse of Joe Flacco with Loggains calling plays was marginally better and there was improvement across the board.  Gase and Darnold decided to get the tag team back together and it was a sh*tshow again.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Bryce Hall looks like he can be a player.

And exactly, and can the Joe D detractors give him more time than 1 year and 1 draft to prove his worth? ?

The dude attacks a promising 4th round RB in Perine, yet probably owns a Bilal Powell Jersey, who Perine is already outpacing when you compare their rookie years.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Exactly, and can the Joe D detractors give him more time than 1 year and 1 draft to prove his worth? ?

We can, but the job he has done so far is objectively bad. He looks exactly like idzik so far. Penny pinching and dumping any talent and always looking to win value above all else.

End of the day, the picks he makes with the adams trade will play a huge part in his future, or lack there of. He isnt tied to Gase and Darnold so he will get a free pass for the last 2 seasons of garbage moves he has made and ultimately will be judged by the next coach and qb this team has.

But these attempts to polish every move he makes into gold is bizzare. How about he has some actual success before crowning him. 

Never seen a group of people so eager to crown a GM who's teams are THIS bad.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We can, but the job he has done so far is objectively bad. He looks exactly like idzik so far. Penny pinching and dumping any talent and always looking to win value above all else.

End of the day, the picks he makes with the adams trade will play a huge part in his future, or lack there of. He isnt tied to Gase and Darnold so he will get a free pass for the last 2 seasons of geabgae moves he has made and ultimately will be judged by the next coach and qb this team has.

But these attempts to polish every move he makes into gold is bizzare. Hoe about he has some actual success before crowning him. 

Never seen a group of people so eager to crown a GM who's teams are THIS bad.

I think pretty much every Jets fan can acknowledge this team is bad, but most just realize that it's not really on Douglas's shoulders. Especially when he's only really had a season and 1 draft to do much of anything and fix the mess that was made by his two predecessors. To say he's been objectively bad is far from the truth, in my opinion anyways. 

Joe D has drafted Becton and Mims, two players that are better than any player Idzik ever drafted combined. At the very least, I think we'll be in good hands for the most part with Joe D drafting than Idzik. 

Also, is your argument due to Jamal Adams? If so, that was a no brainer trade. I like(d) Adams, but he shot himself out of town, and the haul that Seattle was willing to trade for him was something you couldn't turn down. I still can't believe they were willing to trade that much for him. 

Agreed, at the end of the day, Joe D will be judged on his 1st draft and likely the next two drafts, along with his choice of the next coach and QB. Free agent signings as well, but moreso the former stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I think pretty much every Jets fan can acknowledge this team is bad, but most just realize that it's not really on Douglas's shoulders. Especially when he's only really had a season and 1 draft to do much of anything and fix the mess that was made by his two predecessors. To say he's been objectively bad is far from the truth, in my opinion anyways. 

Joe D has drafted Becton and Mims, two players that are better than any player Idzik ever drafted combined. At the very least, I think we'll be in good hands for the most part with Joe D drafting than Idzik. 

Also, is your argument due to Jamal Adams? If so, that was a no brainer trade. I like(d) Adams, but he shot himself out of town, and the haul that Seattle was willing to trade for him was something you couldn't turn down. I still can't believe they were willing to trade that much for him. 

Agreed, at the end of the day, Joe D will be judged on his 1st draft and likely the next two drafts, along with his choice of the next coach and QB. Free agent signings as well, but moreso the former stuff. 

The hatred is almost exclusively because of the Adams trade and the cutting of Bell.  Dude threw a massive temper tantrum after Jamal was traded.

7 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

so were going to fire another GM after 2 years. oh wait this would be 1 1/2. we would break our own record.

you want proof

we lost games by 3 (NE) 4 (LA) 8 (BUFF) 9 (DEN) AND 10 (BUFF) points

5 games we had a chance in if not for better coaching.

and its not all on Gase. the most important position  we suck at.

more proof. 

look how good our offense was with Flacco and the 3 WRs. we could have won both those games 

Flacco has 6 TDs and 3 INTs in 4 games

Darnold has 3 TDs and 8 INTs in 7 games

Darnold looked worst this sunday with the top 3 WRs than he did with Berrios as his #1

Flacco with the 3 WRs is what we were suppose to be. i believe if they were here from day 1 with Flacco at QB we would have maybe 5 or 6 wins. plus we wouldnt have release Bell if we won a few games.

JD needs to hit on the coach and QB and we win 9 games next year just like Parcells did to Kotites 1-15 team which had almost 90 % of the same starters win 9 games that lost 15 the year before. and Parcells did it with the same QB

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ryan Pace.  He’s been an abomination.  His seat is 50/50 right now.  Gettleman is up there too.  Word is he won’t be getting fired for the sake of continuity.  There’s two for you.

I’m ignoring the rest because the roster from last year was built by Maccagnan and, furthermore, I’m not in the business of making any sort of excuses for Sam Darnold.  I’ve addressed that.  He and Adam Gase are the main reasons why this offense are trash.   The corpse of Joe Flacco with Loggains calling plays was marginally better and there was improvement across the board.  Gase and Darnold decided to get the tag team back together and it was a sh*tshow again.

Asked you to name any GM that isn't on the hot seat, and you named me two......

Great company JD is keeping.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I've already explained Adams. Regarding Bell, his time with the Chiefs has showed he is in fact done. If he can't do great with that offense, then yeah, lol. 

That poster is full of sh*t. I didn't care about bell other than Gase was a moron that never used him as a receiver like he should have. Cutting him meant little to me, though I was rooting for him to have success again, but it's clear he is just done 

I didnt like the Adams trade and I blame Douglas and gase for creating the situation in which adams wanted out. Jamal has been vocal about not liking this regime. Douglas seems to be building a reputation of having poor player relations. The way hes handled that situation and players with injuries has been strange.

I cared far more about robbie anderson, another poor move by Douglas. Robbie currently has 75 catches and 912 yards and still 5 games left to play. He replaced him with perriman who has been the same player he has always been. A guy with talent that has some flashes but never puts it all together and cant stay healthy. If you wanted to bring in perriman in addition to retaining Anderson and drafting mims I'd have no complaints on that front. But his plan to replace robbie with perriman was a huge whiff, and he is quickly building up a resume with a lot of whiffs.

3 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Asked you to name any GM that isn't on the hot seat, and you named me two......

Great company JD is keeping.

Gettleman, as of now, is not on the hot seat.  At least if the local media around here is to be believed.

Joe Douglas is not keeping the same company as them, as much as you want to keep saying that he is.

6 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I cared far more about robbie anderson, another poor move by Douglas. Robbie currently has 75 catches and 912 yards and still 5 games left to play. He replaced him with perriman who has been the same player he has always been. A guy with talent that has some flashes but never puts it all together and cant stay healthy. If you wanted to bring in perriman in addition to retaining Anderson and drafting mims I'd have no complaints on that front. But his plan to replace robbie with perriman was a huge whiff, and he is quickly building up a resume with a lot of whiffs.

For starters, Mac (to no surprise) screwed up by not resigning Anderson over Q. Chose the wrong receiver to resign to a long-term deal.

That said, I got the sense Anderson wanted to play in Carolina with his old Temple coach in Rhule. Maybe Douglas did offer him a competitive contract.

That said, it's not like Anderson would have made much of a difference this season. Maybe the Jets have 1 win instead of 0? The way Darnold has performed this season, who knows if Anderson even has 75 catches for 912 yards at this point. 

Either way, Jets can make it right by signing A-Rob or Godwin in the offseason, along with drafting a TE like Pitts.

fire them both-bring in a proven winner-you will have to pay him a fortune-jets can afford it

let the new gm pick his coach

It is funny people finally see gase sucks but are still supporting the gm gase picked(that is what I have read here for a year it was Gase that helped Joe get the job)

we will do what we always do-we never clean house but keep either the coach or the gm while sending the other packing-a recipe for failure

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

For starters, Mac (to no surprise) screwed up by not resigning Anderson over Q. Chose the wrong receiver to resign to a long-term deal.

That said, I got the sense Anderson wanted to play in Carolina with his old Temple coach in Rhule. Maybe Douglas did offer him a competitive contract.

That said, it's not like Anderson would have made much of a difference this season. Maybe the Jets have 1 win instead of 0? The way Darnold has performed this season, who knows if Anderson even has 75 catches for 912 yards at this point. 

Either way, Jets can make it right by signing A-Rob or Godwin in the offseason, along with drafting a TE like Pitts.

Anderson stated he wanted to play for the jets-they let him test the market and made anderson felt like he was not a priority so he left for greener pastures-it was a terrible move on the part of Douglass -one of many the blind folks cant see or wont see

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Anderson stated he wanted to play for the jets-they let him test the market and made anderson felt like he was not a priority so he left for greener pastures-it was a terrible move on the part of Douglass -one of many the blind folks cant see or wont see

Even if you want to claim that, Douglas can easily sign A-Rob or Godwin and even Juju. All 3 being better receivers than Anderson. 

Also, Douglas was a hot candidate even before Gase recommended him. Houston was all in to sign him as their new GM.

You want to fire him because Gase said to get him? LOL. He's not going anywhere. Signed a 6 year deal and he's only had 1 year and 1 draft to do much of anything to fix this horrendous mess by his predecessors. Get real...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Gettleman, as of now, is not on the hot seat.  At least if the local media around here is to be believed.

Joe Douglas is not keeping the same company as them, as much as you want to keep saying that he is.

Gettleman is on the hotseat and Douglas has not acquired more talent than Gettleman anyway.

You guys might hate him, but Leonard Williams is performing better than any defender on the Jets. James Bradberry is also better than anyone the Jets have signed during Douglas tenure. 

1 minute ago, hamat711 said:

Gettleman is on the hotseat and Douglas has not acquired more talent than Gettleman anyway.

You guys might hate him, but Leonard Williams is performing better than any defender on the Jets. James Bradberry is also better than anyone the Jets have signed during Douglas tenure. 

Lol, no. And Q Williams is doing better than Leonard for one on defense. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets retain Gase next year with a new young QB coming in it would be the end for a LOT of long time jets fans.  Seriously, I think the johnsons would be shocked at how bad of a reaction/revolt would occur if gase is not fired right after the season.

They really are being blind to it.  They think they are immune to an exodus.  They are not.  I'll be sticking around because I'm a fcking idiot.  But others won't.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hamat711 said:

As an outsider, I don't understand the love for Joe Douglas. He has been the worst GM at acquiring talent since he arrived with the Jets. 

The Jets need to get a GM and Coach who are working in tandem. Truth is, if the Jets start off poorly next year, Joe Douglas' seat will be very hot. 

You risk having a Coach and GM on different paths if you keep Joe Douglas.

You have as much credibility as @SAR I

15 hours ago, emesola said:

Winless NFL teams and their FO staff:

2017 Cleveland Browns
HC: Retained (Hue Jackson)
GM: Fired week 13

2008 Detroit Lions
HC: Fired
GM: Fired week 4

1976 TB Buccaneers
HC: Retained
GM: Retained (he was the owner)

What does Jets ownership do? Seems like the majority of Jets fans (including myself), want Adam Gase fired and Joe Douglas retained. 

Are you 100% confident that Joe Douglas is retained and Adam Gase is fired?

I believe so.  Douglas has only had one draft and it was our best in years.  The Jamal trade was an absolute heist.   Plus, he has a six year contract and the Johnsons are cheap.  Also, firing him after one draft makes the franchise look way less stable and what attractive GM candidate would want to walk into that volatile a situation?

Gase is a goner, though.  There is not two ways about it.  Would you keep him around to ruin another highly touted QB?  No way.  There is absolutely no way he'll be back.  They are just keeping him around to finish the tank and he will be gone the day after the Pats game.

22 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

If you dont watch football you say this

Leo Williams in a contract push is playing well.  Quinnen Williams is playing better.  So what, I'l take the picks for LW when no one thought the Jets could get anywhere near that return.  

You know, trades, what GMs are also paid to do.  

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Which is probably why Douglas said it was a mistake.  Said he missed the market for Robby.

A GM in the first year of being the GM miscalculated the market and lost a player that was a #2 WR you say?

Fire him