Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Can someone please tell me if Cam Clarke, our 4th round pick, is playing at all.?

He has been inactive every game I believe. Cimini says the coaches don’t feel he is ready to play in the nfl. This is a redshirt year 🤷‍♂️ 

He was easily one of my favorite pics in this class. However, as a small school guy with no preseason and no training camp who has been injured most of the year, I can see why he hasn’t been on the field yet.

• Like 2

It's OK for a GM to pick a pipeline OL in the 4th round.  

Washington took OT Saahdiq Charles at pick 4.108 and Houston took OT Charlie Heck at pick 4.126 in the 2020 draft.  They've each only appeared in 1 game this season.  

Detroit took G Logan Stenberg at 4.121.  He hasn't played yet this season.

It's really not a big deal.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Washington took OT Saahdiq Charles at pick 4.108 and Houston took OT Charlie Heck at pick 4.126 in the 2020 draft.  They've each only appeared in 1 game this season.  

Agreed.  I was legitimately asking though.  From what I've read/heard, it's more difficult than ever to learn to play OL these days.  I assume it's due to the CBA not allowing so much practice/physicality.  Pipeline OL should probably be drafted every year.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well if 3 model franchises like that are doing it, must be a good idea

😉 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Well if 3 model franchises like that are doing it, must be a good idea

😉 

lol fine.  In 2019, the Ravens took G Ben Powers in the 4th round.  He only played in 1 game that season.  

In that same draft, the Patriots took G Hjalte Froholdt in the 4th.  He didn't appear in any games as a rookie.

I am not criticizing the pick at all but Becton can play from day 1 with no preseason and be dominant but Clarke cant even dress for a game?  Seems crazy 

41 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am not criticizing the pick at all but Becton can play from day 1 with no preseason and be dominant but Clarke cant even dress for a game?  Seems crazy 

There's a reason Becton was an early 1st round pick and Clark was a late 4th round pick.  Becton is a superior athlete and was pro-ready to start right away.  Clark is a pipeline OL.  

Macc never drafted OL at all so I can understand the confusion on this.  In reality none of this is "crazy".  

Sounds like he was a bit green coming into the season, which isn't a surprise based on where he went to school. Looks like a project that we won't know about for another year.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Nothing wrong with taking a potential starter in the spot where they got Clark.  If they have to wait a year, so be it.

Who knows, he might see a start or two before the season comes to a close.

• Upvote 1