Blackout

Who are the top 5 wide receivers in the league?

15 minutes ago, Blackout said:

I say

Hill

Adams

Hopkins

Metcalf

Mims

What do you say?

You are awesome, that’s what I say. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Blackout said:

I say

Hill

Adams

Hopkins

Metcalf

Mims

What do you say?

What about Cotchery?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

I say

Hill

Adams

Hopkins

Metcalf

Mims

What do you say?

Mims is good but doesnt even make near top 5.

Hill, Adams, Hopkins, Metcalf, Evans, Thielen, Diggs, Cooper, McLaurin, Robinson, Brown, Thomas, Woods, Landry, Claypool, Allen, Ridley, Fuller, and yes even Anderson. 

Mims gotta actually catch a TD before he gets in the top 20. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

What do you say?

I'd say too many Jets Fans suffer from a form of Sports-Related-Bi-Polar Disorder.

It's all or nothing, feast or famine here when it comes to opinions on players.  They are either huge obvious busts, or top 5 elite players.

No, Mims is not top 5 in the NFL.  But finally seeing him play and look like he has alot of potential is a very good thing.....

....at least we're not having a dozen Robby Anderson Threads anymore.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'd say too many Jets Fans suffer from a form of Sports-Related-Bi-Polar Disorder.

It's all or nothing, feast or famine here when it comes to opinions on players.  They are either huge obvious busts, or top 5 elite players.

No, Mims is not top 5 in the NFL.  But finally seeing him play and look like he has alot of potential is a very good thing.....

....at least we're not having a dozen Robby Anderson Threads anymore.

Yep like how many people say “DO NOT WANT” to every FA because “he can’t do X or Y” when our current players can’t do A-Z.

Julio Jones is having a down year but I would still put him in the top 5. Metcalf right now is the best WR in my opinion. That kid Jefferson from Minn is pretty good, huge upside. Hopefully we will mention Mims with those guys soon. 

Just now, Slikmojet! said:

Julio Jones is having a down year but I would still put him in the top 5. Metcalf right now is the best WR in my opinion. That kid Jefferson from Minn is pretty good, huge upside. Hopefully we will mention Mims with those guys soon. 

When Jones plays he’s arguably the best WR in the nfl but yes he’s been hindered by that hamstring this entire season

I think it's a bit of a stretch to include Stephen Hill in all your lists, but whatever.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blackout said:

I say

Hill

Adams

Hopkins

Metcalf

Mims

What do you say?

You forgot Jerricho Cotchery.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Is mims even the best recievers on our terrible team? Probably a strong argument against it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Given his circumstances (rookie who missed most of the preseason, during a pandemic year, etc.) I think he's clearly the most impressive and has the highest upside.

Debatable if he's actually a better player at this exact moment than Perriman or Crowder though.

13 hours ago, Blackout said:

I say

Hill

Adams

Hopkins

Metcalf

Mims

What do you say?

Somehow i think I'd rather have Diggs or Allen, Hell I'd rather have Kupp given the choice for right now? Maybe next season we can fit him for his bust. 

6 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

I was gonna say everyone is forgetting Julio Jones

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I really hope I'm not the only one that  believes Godwin is a top 5...

Evans over Godwin in my estimation.

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Evans over Godwin in my estimation.

That is a common consensus amongst fans across the nation.   But locally, many of those in the Bay Area see regularly that Godwin is far more efficient.   He does everything that Evans does... only better.

If the Bucs cannot afford to keep both and have to move one, they'll choose Godwin over Evans.

Robby Andersons or a S Diggs numbers are easily better than Metcalf.  Fans love big guys but hes not in the top 5 of the league

(no specific order). 

Tyreek Hill. 

DeAndre Hopkins. 

Stefon Diggs. 

D.K Metcalf. 

Julio Jones. 

Mike Evans (6 1k+ receiving yards throughout his first 6 years; don't forget about him and #2 in 2020 TD receptions). 

Would be my personal top 6 however judging a WR is very difficult for me when creating a top 5 list because just take Allen Robinson for example.

He's 9th in receptions, 14th in receiving yards and 19th in TD receptions despite playing under crap QB circumstances (imo he's a top 5 WR talent). Could you imagine him with an Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Ben Roethlisberger and/or a Dak Prescott? I think he becomes absolute greatness on the outside. 

And could you imagine Robby Anderson who's 4th in receptions (75) with a 73.5% catch rate and 8th in receiving yards (912) but with a strong rocket armed Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers instead of Teddy? He'd become Tyreek Hill pt 2 and physically unstoppable to contain. 

(No specific order). 

Allen Robinson. 

Odell Beckham Jr. (he'll be back). 

Devante Adams. 

Keenan Allen (leads the league in receptions). 

Amari Cooper. 

Robby Anderson. 

Justin Jefferson (rookie). 

Round out my next top 7. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Robby Andersons or a S Diggs numbers are easily better than Metcalf.  Fans love big guys but hes not in the top 5 of the league

DK has more tds than both of them.  He’s right behind them in receiving yards