Don't think Jax wins another game...

Slikmojet!

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He was limited in practice all week and was questionable to play. They're expecting him to return next week as long as he continues to progress. They didn't bench him, he was actually hurt. And Marrone needs Wins if he hopes to retain his job so I'm sure he'll play the guy who gives them the best chance regardless of him hiding the injury. 

Jags just fired their GM. Marrone is a goner regardless 

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He was limited in practice all week and was questionable to play. They're expecting him to return next week as long as he continues to progress. They didn't bench him, he was actually hurt. And Marrone needs Wins if he hopes to retain his job so I'm sure he'll play the guy who gives them the best chance regardless of him hiding the injury. 

We'll see.  Rumor is he's been healthy for 2 straight weeks, throwing the ball fine in practice, the coaching staff is butt hurt about him hiding the injury and going off script in games.  Marrone is not retaining his job.

• Upvote 1

I'm not counting on a win.  That's why it is so critical that Jets keep losing.  Someone suggested that they put Darnold on IR so he doesn't get further serious injury, don't play Flacco.  Let Morgan or Gase's grandmother be the QB.  The kid who played QB for Denver yesterday would be good.

ESPN.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone shouldn’t waste much time thinking about which quarterback he’s going to start this week against Minnesota: It has to be Mike Glennon.

The only debate for Marrone is whether to go with Gardner Minshew or Jake Luton as the backup.

Jaguars have to keep starting Mike Glennon to have chance to snap losing streakNFL Playoff Picture

Glennon completed 20-of-35 passes for 235 yards and two touchdowns, but most importantly drove the Jaguars down the field late and had them in position to tie the game and potentially force overtime against the Cleveland Browns. The Jaguars lost 27-25 at TIAA Bank Field but it was the best the offense has looked in more than a month.

Was Glennon perfect? Not at all. He air-mailed a couple passes – including one to a wide-open James O’Shaughnessy in the middle of the field late in the game -- and misfired on two others on two-point conversion attempts. He might have been able to run in one of those attempts because he had a clear path but hesitated and instead threw incomplete.

Even with those issues -- somewhat expected since this was the first time he was on the field since Nov. Nov. 24, 2019 -- Glennon gives the Jaguars, who have now lost 10 consecutive games, the best chance to win each week. While losing out and going 1-15 would be the best thing for the franchise’s future because it would guarantee the Jaguars at worst the No. 2 pick and a shot at Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, that’s not the way Marrone or any of the players are thinking.

Organizations can tank, but players and coaches will not. So the Jaguars have to start Glennon to win as many games as possible over the next five weeks. There’s also this: Glennon is on a one-year deal and this will be an audition for his next contract, wherever that might be.

Sunday was Glennon’s first start since Sept. 28, 2017. He was with the Chicago Bears then, fresh off signing a three-year, $45 million contract to be their starter. Except the Bears had traded up to No. 2 little over a month later and selected Mitchell Trubisky. It was only a matter of time before Trubisky became the starter and it happened after Glennon threw for 833 yards with four touchdowns and five interceptions and led the Bears to a 1-3 record.

Glennon said this past week that he feels like he’s better prepared to be a starter after getting only sparse action the last two seasons because he’s been in more offenses. His mind is freer, he said, and that’s keeping him from getting bogged down mentally.

Which means he can play more freely. As he also said earlier in the week, there’s no guarantee he’ll ever be in position to start a game again so he might as well let it rip.

He did against the Browns and he should keep the job the rest of the season

Mike Glennon nearly pulled off the upset of the Browns, and hit multiple receivers for touchdowns. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trubisky has fumbled 25 times in 46 games.  Darnold has fumbled 17 times in 33 games.  

Perhaps it just seems like Sam fixed his fumble problem because he’s missed so many games, but I can’t imagine his fumble 6 rate is anywhere near trubitchsky or dimes?..... is it?

Week 17 vs the Patriots is the only game that worries me. I'd put nothing past Belichick when it comes to trying to stick it to the Jets. If they're eliminated from the playoffs I can see them benching Cam and having a whole bunch of guys out with vague injuries.

It would be the Jetsiest thing ever to go 0-15 to start a season, beat the Patriots in Week 17 to lose the tiebreaker to the 1-15 Jags.

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Perhaps it just seems like Sam fixed his fumble problem because he’s missed so many games, but I can’t imagine his fumble 6 rate is anywhere near trubitchsky or dimes?..... is it?

Probably not, but really all that matters when you're evaluating the data are fumbles.  Not fumbles lost, or "fumble sixes".  Just fumbles.  

Jones has put it on the ground 25 times in 24 games, so yes, he's clearly worse than Darnold and Trubisky in that category.  But the difference between Trubisky and Darnold is negligible when it comes to fumbles.

14 hours ago, JiF said:

Where you hearing that?  The rumors around Jax is the coaching staff is butt hurt because Minshew hid the injury and was going off script in games, they're basically policy benching him right now.  lol

I spent time on Jaguars sites today and they are saying they wanted Minshew to have a full week of practice. They played Glennon this week because the kid was so bad the week before. But they all expect Minshew to start their next game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I spent time on Jaguars sites today and they are saying they wanted Minshew to have a full week of practice. They played Glennon this week because the kid was so bad the week before. But they all expect Minshew to start their next game.

Well, I'm quoting the local beat guys/radio shows around here.  All of them have been saying Minshew has been fine for 2 weeks. They've seen him throw, he's 100%. Marrone is saying he hasnt had a "full week of practice" which his absolute horsesh*t.  Your starter can miss a day or 2 in practice and be ready for Sunday.  Why does Marrone need a full week to see him?  lol  He's had him for 2 years?

Look, I could be wrong but the rumor is, the coaching staff is pissed at Minshew for hiding the injury and Gruden hates him because he leaves the pocket to early and doesnt run the plays he calls, hence going with Glennon over him and Luton the week before.  Everyone is saying he's throwing the ball fine, has been for 2 weeks.  Like I said, we'll see, I'm just repeating what I've been hearing.  It's been a hot topic because the logic is so nonsensical. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, morny said:

Is there any realistic possibility of our SoS getting 'easier' than the Jags over the last few games? Or has that ship sailed now?

During Sunday's game they said the Jets have the second hardest remaining schedule in the NFL, so I'm not sure anything will happen on that front.

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

During Sunday's game they said the Jets have the second hardest remaining schedule in the NFL, so I'm not sure anything will happen on that front.

Urgh, grim. 

Oh well, let's just lose out then!

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Well, I'm quoting the local beat guys/radio shows around here.  All of them have been saying Minshew has been fine for 2 weeks. They've seen him throw, he's 100%. Marrone is saying he hasnt had a "full week of practice" which his absolute horsesh*t.  Your starter can miss a day or 2 in practice and be ready for Sunday.  Why does Marrone need a full week to see him?  lol  He's had him for 2 years?

Look, I could be wrong but the rumor is, the coaching staff is pissed at Minshew for hiding the injury and Gruden hates him because he leaves the pocket to early and doesnt run the plays he calls, hence going with Glennon over him and Luton the week before.  Everyone is saying he's throwing the ball fine, has been for 2 weeks.  Like I said, we'll see, I'm just repeating what I've been hearing.  It's been a hot topic because the logic is so nonsensical. 

Well I will go with message board guys over talk radio personally.  :)

Either way, hopefully he comes back this week. He does give them the best chance to win.

Jaguars are upping their "tank" ammunition by starting Glennon for no logical reason other than to add fuel to the tank.  

But they will not succeed.  We still have the ultimate tank weapon: Adam Gase

The Jets will NOT be out-tanked

fa2DkhR.jpg

(If I were any good at photoshop, Gase would be on the tank)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jaguars are upping their "tank" ammunition by starting Glennon for no logical reason other than to add fuel to the tank.  

Glennon played decently for the Jags on Sunday and almost pulled out the W.

The idea they're tanking is preposterous, they were a ball bounce away from beating the Packers, Texans and Browns. Why would Marrone tank for a guy he's not going to be around to coach?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Glennon played decently for the Jags on Sunday and almost pulled out the W.

The idea they're tanking is preposterous, they were a ball bounce away from beating the Packers, Texans and Browns. Why would Marrone tank for a guy he's not going to be around to coach?

And why would Gase tank for a guy he's not going to be around to coach?

Zero reason to start Glennon over a healthy Minshew except tank. Zero.  Tank war is officially on.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And why would Gase tank for a guy he's not going to be around to coach?

Zero reason to start Glennon over a healthy Minshew except tank. Zero.  Tank war is officially on.

Gase isn't tanking. He and the rest of the team are completely inept. 

Again - I don't think you're watching the Jags play - they're trying to win these games. It's not like they're starting Darnold when Flacco is light years better.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Gase isn't tanking. He and the rest of the team are completely inept. 

Again - I don't think you're watching the Jags play - they're trying to win these games. It's not like they're starting Darnold when Flacco is light years better.

JMO: If you want to win, you start Minshew over Glennon unless Minshew still hurt.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

But they will not succeed.  We still have the ultimate tank weapon: Adam Gase

The Jets will NOT be out-tanked

fa2DkhR.jpg

(If I were any good at photoshop, Gase would be on the tank)

xkr217yr33u51.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1