Toughest 5 weeks in 10 years.

Jetster

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is this crazy or what? You don't go through a season as painful of this & pick 2nd in the draft. This feels like a playoff run, with every game sitting on the edge of your seat. I know I wasn't the only one who laughed & clapped when Castillo missed that FG or Sam threw that 1st pick in perfect Sam Darnold fashion. Sam leaves the pocket, runs to his right, and throws into double coverage instead of throwing the ball way. How many times in this kids short career have we seen that result? 

I actually put on the Jags game to cheer them on but they make the same dumb mistakes we do, so it's like looking into a Jets mirror. Missed extra point, interception in the endzone...bam..loss. I will say Jags games are actually exciting right till the end. 

Jet fans will be heartbroken if we can't finish the season strong with 5 consecutive losses. Even the announcers bring it up because they also realize it's the best scenario for the New York Jets & that Jet fans are actually pretty damn smart. Smarter than the people that own the team. Trevor Lawrence is what Todd Marinovich was supposed to be. Groomed from a young age to be a QB. Except Lawrence had IT and we all know what IT is & you know IT when you see IT. I'm going on 61 & I'm entering my 4th quarter of Jet fandom. 

This is my last chance to see the Jets have fate land in their lap. I can't stand Green Bay fans because of my jealousy. Can you imagine being able to watch Brett Favre lead your team all those years & switch right over to Aaron Rogers? 

Sanchez- Geno- Fitz- McCown- Darnold 

Why don't we all just line up & let Woody & Chris just kick us right in the balls. Jet fans DESERVE to hear Roger Goodell say those magical words in the 2021 draft. With the 1st pick in the 2021 draft, the New York Jets select Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson & watch that tall long haired Redneck Tarzan flip his hair back as he slides on the NY Jet hat. 

So it is written...so it is done. 

All fine and dandy but without the right coach it is still SOJ

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

When Minshew comes back maybe we can relax. I really think they can and will beat the Bears.  The Jets can't beat anyone.  Thats why I'm not stressing about it.

Against the sixth ranked defense in the NFL Glennon was 20 of 35,  235 yards, 2 touchdowns, no interceptions.

Not too shabby...

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

When Minshew comes back maybe we can relax. I really think they can and will beat the Bears.  The Jets can't beat anyone.  Thats why I'm not stressing about it.

I legitimately think the Jaguars are better than the Bears right now. They have become the worst team in football since. starting 5-1. 

• Upvote 3

I have zero faith we win a game so I’m not stressed. In fact, I haven’t laughed hard during a Jets game before this year but the games have been hilarious at times because it’s like “Only the Jets” and so missed kicks, random Jetsy stuff are now funny. Sam is just sad though. 

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I have zero faith we win a game so I’m not stressed. In fact, I haven’t laughed hard during a Jets game before this year but the games have been hilarious at times because it’s like “Only the Jets” and so missed kicks, random Jetsy stuff are now funny. Sam is just sad though. 

I just lost it laughing on that 4th & 1. I mean is there a Jet fan alive that didn't think Gore up the middle...STUFFED! That call made me feel like there was no way in the world that we aren't tanking on purpose. 

0-10, division rival, if your trying to win, you come out 5 wide, lol! You go for it on every 4th down past the 50 yard line! Your faking punts! hell, your faking FGs! Your running some trick plays! 

I mean, what could happen? You lose by 20 instead of 17? But who f*cking cares! YOUR 0-10! TANKING BABY!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have watched the Jags a lot with Sunday Ticket recently. 

They are better than us and have a better shot at winning another game than we do at winning one, IMO. 

2 mistakes killed them yesterday or they win hat game. But, like the Jets that's why we're in the position we are, except they aren't getting embarrassed like we are. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

This feels like a playoff run, with every game sitting on the edge of your seat

I enjoyed your entire post however, one correction. 

We have a point differential of -170 @ 0-11 that's an average of -15.4 points per game; and on the verge of entering 1976 Tampa Bay winless Succaneers territory with a couple more blowout loses. 

We haven't been on the edge of our seat; we've been watching our team fall off the edge of a cliff ?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Our entire secondary is rookies & Marcus Maye, ?. Who's covering Renfro that quick slot kid? Waller their errific TE is way better than Gisicki. Ruggs? And Agholor is having a great season. One thing Derek Carr does very well is he gets the ball out very quickly & accurate, our secondary gives 10 yard cushions. Raiders got SMOKED Sunday, Jets SMOKED the Raiders the last time they played. Raiders are in the Playoff hunt, Jets are in the Lawrence hunt. Raiders big! 

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I enjoyed your entire post however, one correction. 

We have a point differential of -170 @ 0-11 that's an average of -15.4 points per game; and on the verge of entering 1976 Tampa Bay winless Succaneers territory with a couple more blowout loses. 

We haven't been on the edge of our seat; we've been watching our team fall off the edge of a cliff ?

I was talking about the 1st quarter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1