Jets have a 98% chance at a top 2 pick

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We're taking Fields. How could you possibly pass on a QB to run it back with Darnold after this year? He has been absolutely awful.

If you didn't like Fields you don't necessarily have to force it. Doesn't mean you go back to Darnold. I'd see us go with a FA stop gap than go with Darnold tbh. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

If you didn't like Fields you don't necessarily have to force it. Doesn't mean you go back to Darnold. I'd see us go with a FA stop gap than go with Darnold tbh. 

I agree with that -- if Douglas doesn't like Fields but really likes Trey Lance or Zach Wilson it wouldn't be crazy to trade down with a team willing to give up a haul for the #2 pick.

I just think it's a given we're taking a QB high and Darnold is gone and I think we'd take Fields for sure.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We're taking Fields. How could you possibly pass on a QB to run it back with Darnold after this year? He has been absolutely awful.

Yeah my point was which QB would he take 2nd overall. Wilson looks like he could be Mahomes with his arm strength 

• WTF? 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I know it is very hard to go 0-16, but after yesterday it is hard to imagine us winning a game.

Raiders and pats game only real chance at W’s. Seattle, LAR and Cleveland will be non competitive. I’d feel much better about next week if the raiders didn’t absolutely get crushed against Atlanta, and the fact carr played terrible at MetLife last year. But yeah I don’t see a W either. 

• Upvote 1

I really cant imagine this team winning a game but yeah, take Fields.  Or trade out and sign Winston, see if osmosis around Payton/Brees and getting away from Arians (Brady is 2nd INT's) helps him take care of the ball better.  Yolo offense in the draft, OL/WR/TE/RB.  Find a coach to flip the script and go all out as offense, just shoot outs every week, see if he it works, then look to the next best QB since Andrew Luck that comes out every year.

The way the season is going for Ohio St., I wouldnt be shocked if Fields stayed in school. 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really cant imagine this team winning a game but yeah, take Fields.  Or trade out and sign Winston, see if osmosis around Payton/Brees and getting away from Arians (Brady is 2nd INT's) helps him take care of the ball better.  Yolo offense in the draft, OL/WR/TE/RB.  Find a coach to flip the script and go all out as offense, just shoot outs every week, see if he it works, then look to the next best QB since Andrew Luck that comes out every year.

The way the season is going for Ohio St., I wouldnt be shocked if Fields stayed in school. 

he will send out feelers to the league, and if someone says that they will take him #2, he will declare. It would be a no brainer.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

While I would absolutely love to see us go all out on offense in the draft/FA, I would be crushed if we brought in Winston to run our offense.  Guy just makes terrible decisions...

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I know it is very hard to go 0-16, but after yesterday it is hard to imagine us winning a game.

The other thing is, Jacksonville probably has just as good of a chance of winning another game as we do. 

We have shown nothing to make anyone think that we are on the verge of beating a better team. 

I would say that the Raiders are probably the most winnable game left on paper, but them getting destroyed yesterday by the Falcons and a year ago by Adam Gase's Jets makes them overlooking us unrealistic. They opened as 8 point favorites and I have to say that I don't disagree. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The other thing is, Jacksonville probably has just as good of a chance of winning another game as we do. 

We have shown nothing to make anyone think that we are on the verge of beating a better team. 

I would say that the Raiders are probably the most winnable game left on paper, but them getting destroyed yesterday by the Falcons and a year ago by Adam Gase's Jets makes them overlooking us unrealistic. They opened as 8 point favorites and I have to say that I don't disagree. 

Jacksonville showed more on offense yesterday than we did and was in the game until the final seconds.  I think they are more likely to win than we are but I would not be shocked if we both won one or two.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Fields worries me. Dwayne Haskins 2.0.

Just cannot let a win happen. No matter what.

After Lawrence which QB comes from a school that leaves you feeling good?

Every college has its share of QB that were deserving of a top half of the draft who fail.  

22 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

While I would absolutely love to see us go all out on offense in the draft/FA, I would be crushed if we brought in Winston to run our offense.  Guy just makes terrible decisions...

Like a lot of QBs who play chuck it up football for Arians.  

Look at Bradys INT totals this season so far

You are right if Darnold starts all 5 remaining games. He gets hurt again anywhere along the line and with Flacco under center games like the Raiders, NE, and even the Browns could come down to the wire much like the 1st NE game and the Chargers game. Funny thing is Flacco is not that bad and with better players on both sides of the ball after this year who knows, but how far in the future can you go with a 35 year old starter when you are a young/building team?.