Honestly, What Are the Chances Gase Stays To Start 2021 Season?

99 members have voted

1. 1. Honestly, What Are the Chances Gase Stays To Start 2021 Season?

• 0%
    • 10%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%
    • 100%

Dolphins 20 Jets 3: Changes Are Coming (msn.com)

As Jets got nothing from their quarterback to lift them in this game, the head coach also brought nothing to the table.

At this point it’s almost boring to criticize Adam Gase. We comment every week about the disadvantage this team’s coaching provides. The amazing thing is that if you take Gase’s words even he seems to agree.

CBS announcers Andrew Catalon and James Lofton noted in their pregame discussion with Adam Gase the head coach said Frank Gore couldn’t handle a 30 touch workload.

The Jets then proceeded to build their entire first half gameplan around their 37 year old running back. Gore had 16 touches from scrimmage in the first two quarters, almost double the combined touches of the rest of the skill players on the team. Gase then commented on halftime about how the Jets needed more explosive plays. Who would have thought a team that gives the ball to a 37 year old back roughly two-thirds of the time would struggle in that department? It was an offense that simply was not designed to score points.

Like most head coach-quarterback combinations, the fates of Gase and Darnold have been intertwined.

Gase might argue that it isn’t his fault he is stuck with a failing quarterback, but that argument doesn’t have ground to stand on. Darnold didn’t fall out of the sky. He was here when Gase was hired. In fact the entire Gase hiring was based on the vision he sold ownership that he could develop Darnold into a star.

Gase simply can’t walk away unscathed when he failed to deliver on that promise. How good Darnold would be with different coaching won’t be known until he has different coaching. For now it’s difficult to see how coaching is making things better. You see minimal effort made to making things easier for the quarterback. There isn’t any noticeable attempt to build a comfort level with a core passing concepts and grow from there. These things might not turn Darnold into a franchise passer, but there should be some concrete areas where we can say the coaching is improving the situation. Those areas simply do not exist.

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

100% he's back?  please, do tell...

Yes, they are all in this together. Adam , Joe and Chris. Adam has them convinced if they get him his QB, Peyton-like tall pocket guy he can implement his genius system. No way they tank this well if they aren’t all doing it together. Most competent thing this franchise has fine in decades. It’s all in the plan. Only way he go’s Big Bro Woody comes back and  big of times baby brother and cleans house. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Y'all hate me for saying it: I think there is a chance that this mother *******, piece of sh*t ownership group keeps him around.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Messenger? You just gave your own opinion, not a messenger.  No, this ownership is only keeping Gase around to complete the tank. That’s all. They know he’s the perfect man for the job. Tank job, that is. Any fiddling around right now could make the team a little motivated and possibly win a game or two. 

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

100% 

I don't see the locker room imploding (would have happened by now) and I don't see Lawrence manipulating the draft (doesn't seem to be that kind of person).

What I do see is an owner supporting his head coach, a GM who was hired by the head coach, a locker room sticking together, the media not getting any juicy leaks, young players being nicely developed, and a team playing hard every Sunday.  All of this in the face of our best playmakers being traded or cut, a franchise quarterback busting, a weak backup sucking, and devastating injuries at all positions.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

As of right now, 0. If they lose out, the pressure will be overwhelming.

The pressure has been fading, not increasing.  Fan opinion doesn't matter this year or next.  If Gase were going to be fired it would have happened in Week 4 or perhaps at the bye.

Most rational NFL people realize that Idzik, Maccagnan, Ryan, and Bowles left the roster in a shambles and the culture a broken mess.  Gase and Douglas are here to clean that up, and it never looks good in Year 1, its like judging what your remodeled house will look like on the week the contractor severed all the pipes and tore down all the walls.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The pressure has been fading, not increasing.  Fan opinion doesn't matter this year or next.  If Gase were going to be fired it would have happened in Week 4 or perhaps at the bye.

Most rational NFL people realize that Idzik, Maccagnan, Ryan, and Bowles left the roster in a shambles and the culture a broken mess.  Gase and Douglas are here to clean that up, and it never looks good in Year 1, its like judging what your remodeled house will look like on the week the contractor severed all the pipes and tore down all the walls.

SAR I

the bolded is false. There are a bunch of examples including right here- Parcells came in and restored hope winning 9 games after a one win season the year before and the stadium was rocking again

46 minutes ago, viffer said:

Nah, I beat you to it by a mile. I've been saying since early in the season that I fear CJ bought into a ground-up rebuild and guaranteed Gase that he wouldn't be held responsible for this year's results, and would be back next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but as a decades-long Jet fan, I fear I'm right.

this

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo the minute gase starts impacting the jets bottom line he will be gone.  next season things should get back to normal and the johnsons will want the fannies in the seats.  if gase is there fans will stay away and that will impact the bottom line.

also this

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

100% 

I don't see the locker room imploding (would have happened by now) and I don't see Lawrence manipulating the draft (doesn't seem to be that kind of person).

What I do see is an owner supporting his head coach, a GM who was hired by the head coach, a locker room sticking together, the media not getting any juicy leaks, young players being nicely developed, and a team playing hard every Sunday.  All of this in the face of our best playmakers being traded or cut, a franchise quarterback busting, a weak backup sucking, and devastating injuries at all positions.

SAR I

The locker room isn’t imploding because everyone’s job is on the line.

that includes the players who would find it difficult to get a roster spot on most other teams. The last thing a“scrub-like” player ( lord knows we have lots) needs is to be labeled a trouble-making bellyacher.

I’m of the opinion that Gase will be back because he is running things behind the scenes.

But Woody Johnson Is the wildcard here. Everyone knows he’ll be back In the fold and that means all bets could be potentially off.

so I would not be surprised if Woody pulls a Woody and fires Gase .

And that would be the right thing to do for Gase is a horrible coach

I've said this before but if you think this is an intentional tank then the team definitely gave Gase a commitment to not hold this year against him. It's tough to ask a head coach to orchestrate a complete failure and then shove him out the door because then how does the next coach believe anything the front office says about job security? How do you get coordinators and lower level coaches to want to work there? 

There is a small possibility that Woody returns and sets Gase afloat under the guise of wanting a fresh start at HC and QB with his return and put it on CJ that he never should have let this happen and chop Gase knowing this is may be the end of Gase's NFL coaching career. 

There is of course the nightmare scenario in which they keep Gase and Darnold and use the draft to stock the team around Darnold and we suffer several more 4-6 win seasons with a good roster around poor coaching and QB play.

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the bolded is false. There are a bunch of examples including right here- Parcells came in and restored hope winning 9 games after a one win season the year before and the stadium was rocking again

The 1996 pre-Parcells Kotite Jets.  Let's see, who was on the roster for the 1996 Jets:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

Compared to Adam Gase, Bill Parcells inherited a friggin New York Jets All Star team.  The 1996 Jets were actually a team capable of going 8-8 that was coached into oblivion by a crappy Rich Kotite.  All a roster that stacked needed was a disciplinarian head coach.  Oh, and a disciplinarian head coach that brought his entire coaching staff with him, several of his most loyal and talented players with him, and lucked out in his second year by finding an MVP caliber quarterback masquerading as a backup in Baltimore.

SAR I

Personally I'd be shocked! You can still have a poor roster & put up a fight. Our WRs took advantage of the Pats missing their star CB in Gimore & their best pass rusher in Guy. Look at the fight in Jax & look at the Jets point differential. Your talking NFL record ineptitude. This guy is punting on the opponents 40 yard line down 17. Then when he does go for it he's handing off on 4th & 1 up the middle? Hasn't Sam been sneaking successfully? 

Why weren't we up & ready quickly on that 4th & 1? This guy has zero plan, doesn't attack opponents weaknesses, takes zero chances, calls the same boring 3/4 plays all game long, and doesn't even know how to use TOs within 2 minutes. Gase is a disaster! He was a disasterous egomaniac in Miami, who tossed him out with the trash & 2 years later are battling the Bills for the division. FINS GOT BETTER GETTING RID OF ADAM GASE! THAT is all you need to review because THE JETS GOT WORSE & Sam Darnold got worse with him here. He's a complete & utter downer!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Zero. 

It's probably zero regardless of Lawrence, but if we end up with the top pick, it is absolutely zero. 

Gase isn't part of any realistic sales pitch to Trevor Lawrence. 

Moreso free agents.  The Jets don't really have to pitch anything to Trevor Lawrence.  He has no choice.  And under the current CBA, rookies can't really demand to be traded like Eli Manning did.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Moreso free agents.  The Jets don't really have to pitch anything to Trevor Lawrence.  He has no choice.  And under the current CBA, rookies can't really demand to be traded like Eli Manning did.

Agreed. 

The only way Trevor could realistically avoid us is if he decides to go back to school. But that is just sooo unlikely. But keeping a pariah like Gase at head coach would probably increase the odds of this extremely unlikely event, ever so slightly. 

Imagine the media's response to to the Jets announcing to the world that Gase is the right guy to turn this mess around, implying that he is also the right choice to coach Trevor Lawrence. It's just not happening. 

The other thing is that Gase was brought here to get the most out of Darnold. That clearly hasn't materialized. 

The only realistic chance for Gase to keep his job was for Darnold to suddenly start to play really well in his system. It's been obvious for weeks (and probably months) that this isn't going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

100% 

SAR I

bingo

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is no tank. That is a term used by the fans. The Jets are actually trying to win as are the Jags.

I want to believe that , logically it makes sense , but I'm starting to have some doubt creep into my mind. I think once Sam proved he was not the answer things started to get a little flaky in terms of personnel and in game play calling. 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

The difference is JD didn't  throw around max contracts to aging vets so he could look like a white knight like the old windbag. Parcells put all  the marbles in for 1/2 year max run, when it failed he bailed and left the team in shambles. 

The last 10 years have been atrocious.  This year speaks for itself.  I have become conditioned to learn how to enjoy the football season even though I don't have a professional football team to root for. Thank you, RedZone.  If Gase isn't fired, I won't be able to root for the Jets.  I won't be able to pick a substitute but it will be business as usual, except my hatred for the Johnsons will intensify.  If we have the First Pick, I think we will have a good opportunity to turn this mess around.  But if Gase is still at the helm, I just can't care.

7 minutes ago, TMAC said:

The last 10 years have been atrocious.  This year speaks for itself.  I have become conditioned to learn how to enjoy the football season even though I don't have a professional football team to root for. Thank you, RedZone.  If Gase isn't fired, I won't be able to root for the Jets.  I won't be able to pick a substitute but it will be business as usual, except my hatred for the Johnsons will intensify.  If we have the First Pick, I think we will have a good opportunity to turn this mess around.  But if Gase is still at the helm, I just can't care.

Adam Gase is not the problem.  He's just the poor bastard dumb enough to take the worst job in professional sports.

If you have this type of distain for the Jets, it's the Johnson's that are your problem and you should leave right now, don't delay.  Changing the head coach doesn't do a damn thing.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is not the problem.  He's just the poor bastard dumb enough to take the worst job in professional sports.

If you have this type of distain for the Jets, it's the Johnson's that are your problem and you should leave right now, don't delay.  Changing the head coach doesn't do a damn thing.

SORE I

Keep beating that dead horse SORE I

8D8C2609-5312-42F0-94D9-9DC5189668E1.jpeg