Rex on Bart and Hahn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss Rex Ryan.

What makes you say that? He's literally done that with every QB he's ever had across multiple teams.

Good segment. Lots of interesting stuff. Two main Jets points.   1) says now Gase is openly lying to everyone about this play calling stuff, and that's the last straw. Has never identified with this o

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Tannenbaum.  Greg Roman (in Buffalo). 

One could also argue Brian Schottenheimer, who was not fired but simply "not retained".  

I dont blame Rex for throwing Schotty Jr. under the buss.  Should have thrown him off a cliff instead.  Also.  Tanny seems to be the guy that wanted Sanchez.  There is a real chance Rex would have won the super bowl in 2009 or 2010 with a better QB.  I think Ryan was always resentful that he got stuck with Sanchez.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

I dont blame Rex for throwing Schotty Jr. under the buss.  Should have thrown him off a cliff instead.  Also.  Tanny seems to be the guy that wanted Sanchez.  There is a real chance Rex would have won the super bowl in 2009 or 2010 with a better QB.  I think Ryan was always resentful that he got stuck with Sanchez.

Yet Rex was fully onboard with the contract extension Sanchez got?  Come on now.

If Rex wanted a new QB he had ample opportunity to demand that to happen.  He didn't.  He only blamed Sanchez after the fact, because he's a lying snake.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Rex didn't need or want a better QB, it was all ground N pound . He the Jets and Sanchez fell off a cliff when they let the Oline break apart in FA. 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Rex has said more than once when they went to watch Sanchezs pro day he knew that was his QB and he had to have him.

Hes also said that it wasnt Shottys fault it was his fault for insisting on ground and pound, wasnt Shottys idea

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet Rex was fully onboard with the contract extension Sanchez got?  Come on now.

If Rex wanted a new QB he had ample opportunity to demand that to happen.  He didn't.  He only blamed Sanchez after the fact, because he's a lying snake.  

Blamed Sanchez?  He stayed with way to long. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

could be.  or he was just trying to pump up the guys he had to work with.  ever single player that ever commented on rex was all in on saying he never threw players under the bus under any circumstances.  rex was known for always supporting his players even when it was clear that they were doing poorly

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Heard that too. Bart also mentioned the Alex Lewis stuff has nothing to do with Gase and everything is fine. 
I know we all hate Gase, but he mentioned as well the johnsons are amazing to work for and that the organization is nothing but accommodating. They’re great to work for. So..there’s that. 

I mean they seem pretty good—they’re just idiots. I had some faith in Chris but man, what a disaster he has been. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

All he would want to do is push to be the head coach again.

If he is such a hot commodity, why has no other team given him a job?

Yeah I thought about how great it would be to bring him in as DC with Joe Brady running the offense...that seems nice but I know Rex can’t come here to be a DC without wanting to be the HC. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He couldn't even get an interview at the U of Miami after expressing interest in the job.

No one wants him as a HC.  Maybe he'd have a chance at getting a DC job somewhere.  Maybe.

Can you blame them....  BUT it would be fun for us as fans watching him bloviate on someone else's dime. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's also a snake who throws people under the bus constantly.  

You get three of your bosses fired within three years, it makes it hard to get interviews with a fourth boss. Absolute ******* turd of a human. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

could be.  or he was just trying to pump up the guys he had to work with.  ever single player that ever commented on rex was all in on saying he never threw players under the bus under any circumstances.  rex was known for always supporting his players even when it was clear that they were doing poorly

Shouldn't that have extended beyond his coaching days though?  Why rip on Sanchez after the fact?

4 hours ago, KRL said:

If we hire a college HC to replace Gase (Campbell, Fitzgerald, Riley) I wouldn't
mind having Ryan come back as the DC

Rex would ask for too money to be a Defensive Coordinator. Woody would plea poverty.

Rex's ego is too fat to coach what at the minimal amount Bowles is coaching for Bucs.

Miss Rex though.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I actually think Rex could be a good college coach and I am a harsh Rex critic as far as his time with jets is concerned.

He sucks. I think guys like Damien Woody and Tony Richardson had more to do with those runs, than Rex. 

The only good things Rex ever gave the NFL is the term “exotic blitz”, which is super stupid, and Hard Knocks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Lol that is not even remotely true. He LOVED Sanchez. When he went to the pro day he told Tanny after that "Mark was the guy"

• Upvote 1

Rex Ryan is my least favorite coach because he was all talk no action. Mangini in my mind gets the credit for the 09&10 seasons for helping construct a contending team. Rex and his fat ass fell into a good team. I'm glad he failed here and was fired and 2011 was his eternal downfall when he pissed off the Blue New York Giants and lost on December 24th in 2011. Now he's talking on ESPN and unlistenable. He was the biggest "Bust" as a HC this franchise has seen.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
29 minutes ago, WillTheJetseverbegoodagain said:

Rex Ryan is my least favorite coach because he was all talk no action. Mangini in my mind gets the credit for the 09&10 seasons for helping construct a contending team. Rex and his fat ass fell into a good team. I'm glad he failed here and was fired and 2011 was his eternal downfall when he pissed off the Blue New York Giants and lost on December 24th in 2011. Now he's talking on ESPN and unlistenable. He was the biggest "Bust" as a HC this franchise has seen.

Ban imo.

• Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Anyone “thumbs downing” this post must not remember that under rex was the last time this franchise was competitive and relevant.

Just because the last 10 years have been terrible by comparison does not make the Rex Ryan years good.

We won no trophies, missed out on Russell Wilson because of the Mark Sanchez extension, and the mistakes made during that era from a roster perspective started the Jets on the downward spiral they've been in ever since.

Ask Bills fans whether they think Rex Ryan was a good coach.  It is absolutely pathetic that people still praise the guy here.  As if they forget what happened after 2010.  He's a loser coach with a losing record and is no longer relevant in football circles.  

14 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What makes you say that? He's literally done that with every QB he's ever had across multiple teams.

Hatred of Brady

13 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Brady is most definitely concerned with winning games. Have you been following the NFL for the last 20 years? 

It's incredible seeing how dumb ideas take root

13 hours ago, KRL said:

If we hire a college HC to replace Gase (Campbell, Fitzgerald, Riley) I wouldn't
mind having Ryan come back as the DC

If he were willing to be a DC, he would be working as a DC.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex Ryan's Infamous Jets Tattoo Isn't a Jets Tattoo

8 hours ago, emesola said:

Rex Ryan makes me want to run through a brick wall.

Adam Gase makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. 

If you need a team to win one game they have no business winning with no concern for the organizational damage or repercussions, Rex might be your guy. He's like jacking up a racing horse with an unholy amount of PEDs before a big race. Will help it run faster, will also explode its heart.

13 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Insight on both Brady and Arians.  Arians is not foolish or stubborn enough to misuse Brady.  However, Brady is driven to prove his arm and not BB's are what won multiple Super Bowls.  Arians is getting wrongfully roasted in the media for offensive design and play selection that is poorly matched for Brady's skill set.   What Arians and the Bucks brass are culpable of is letting Brady write his own checks.  

The problem with Brady and Arians is Arians doesn’t like to use the TE and as we all know Brady absolutely does, probably more so than any QB ever

7 hours ago, WillTheJetseverbegoodagain said:

If Mangini was so brilliant why did he stink up the joint in Cleveland and SF?

Wonder what him and JD could do together. I get the impression he’s signaling his interest. To be honest I don’t think it would be the worst combo to have X’s and O’s Guys from the front office through the field. Would be the first time in a long time including under his entire tenure when he was trying to coordinate with excel based player management

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because the last 10 years have been terrible by comparison does not make the Rex Ryan years good.

We won no trophies, missed out on Russell Wilson because of the Mark Sanchez extension, and the mistakes made during that era from a roster perspective started the Jets on the downward spiral they've been in ever since.

Ask Bills fans whether they think Rex Ryan was a good coach.  It is absolutely pathetic that people still praise the guy here.  As if they forget what happened after 2010.  He's a loser coach with a losing record and is no longer relevant in football circles.  

i never said rex ryan was a good coach - i simply said it was the last time this team was playing competitive football and was relevant.  i'm sure most people here would kill for a sliver of the 2 years we had then.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i never said rex ryan was a good coach - i simply said it was the last time this team was playing competitive football and was relevant.  i'm sure most people here would kill for a sliver of the 2 years we had then.

Hard to disagree there. For starters outside of a hall of fame offensive line they had no offense and essentially willed themselves to success.  There is no shame in getting carved up by Peyton Manning but the following year, call one play differently against Pittsburgh and they probably win the super bowl.