There's not a lot of plays for 4th and 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was sitting with my girlfriend and when they lined up for the 4th and 1 i told her Gore in the A gap before the ball was snapped. After she asked me what was an A gap, she said "Very creative".

Funniest thing she said all year.

Gore in the A gap is not a good thing. You gotta clean that out. 

• Haha 2

I don’t think that was the first time they tried that play in short yardage. They seem to always call it.  And the doltfins were ready for it.  Now this might be a good play if the four horseman are out their blocking but not good for a team with a thrown together oline.  Play action or even a QBs sneak would’ve been better.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Girlfriend: “Tell me moar about these Jets you speak of, I want to know about the things you care about.”

Wife: “Oh, you’re watching them. I’ll be upstairs with the kids. Don’t break anything.”

Actually , she sits on the opposite side of the couch when I watch

Why is the play so goddamn slow and tentative? And why, at least when he's healthy, aren't you letting Becton road grade some poor bastard into the sideline? Jets have one total mismatch every play with Big Ticket and they don't take advantage.  

• Upvote 4

Maybe I missed it in the video clips, but there was at least one occasion (maybe it was a 3d and 1) where the Jets handed off out of a shotgun. Nothing like allowing for some D line penetration with a long developing shotgun handoff. ?

Gase has a QB with mobility. The short yardage play is play action roll out with a run/pass option - with a TE on a shallow route and a WR on a deeper route. Every team with a mobile QB runs this often. The Jets run it never. Brilliant!  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think that was the first time they tried that play in short yardage. They seem to always call it.  And the doltfins were ready for it.  Now this might be a good play if the four horseman are out their blocking but not good for a team with a thrown together oline.  Play action or even a QBs sneak would’ve been better.

That play book is very special.  Inside the front cover are the words "Tank For Trevor" 

Then there is a list of the plays they have drawn-up for 4th and short.  Ten of them to choose from.  Gotta keep them guessing.  

1. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

2. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

3. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

4. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

5.  Power Up 21 Gut Blast

6. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

7. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

8. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

9. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

10. Power Up 21 Gut Blast

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For a team not to have some decent plays designed for 3rd down and 4th down short yardage borders on the clinically insane. If Adam Gase was really trying to tank it would be acceptable but he’s not trying to ruin his own career so this guy really is a basket case. I really hope the Jets go 0-16 so Gase has to live with this stigma for the rest of his career. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

For a team not to have some decent plays designed for 3rd down and 4th down short yardage borders on the clinically insane. If Adam Gase was really trying to tank it would be acceptable but he’s not trying to ruin his own career so this guy really is a basket case. I really hope the Jets go 0-16 so Gase has to live with this stigma for the rest of his career. 

Will he even have a career after this season? Who would hire him?

BTW, will anyone hire Mike McCagnan after he cashes his final check from Woody at the end of this season?

In 1992 as a 7 year old kid my mom (Santa) got me a Super Nintendo and Madden 92' for Christmas. 

Even as a small child a kid I knew enough to know to not run an HB dive on 4th down right into the heart of a Defense; I would either play action pass, HB toss or a quick slant. 

Adam Gase is worse at play calling than kids are @ play calling on Madden... Sad, but somehow true. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

In 1992 as a 7 year old kid my mom (Santa) got me a Super Nintendo and Madden 92' for Christmas. 

Even as a small child a kid I knew enough to know to not run an HB dive on 4th down right into the heart of a Defense; I would either play action pass, HB toss or a quick slant. 

Adam Gase is worse at play calling than kids are @ play calling on Madden... Sad, but somehow true. 

Especially when you have two of the worst guards in the league - along with a bottom 5 center.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I've learned alot about football this year watching this team and I have to say, there just aren't alot of plays for 2nd and 7. 

Well, other than a handoff to Gore. Of course. That's always the best choice.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

Why is the play so goddamn slow and tentative? And why, at least when he's healthy, aren't you letting Becton road grade some poor bastard into the sideline? Jets have one total mismatch every play with Big Ticket and they don't take advantage.  

OK would it even really be possible to stop a one yard gain with Becton as FB?