Browns and Raiders

13 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Those two teams are the ones to watch.  They always find a way to choke against us. 

I think people that disagree with this are letting their fandom get in the way of reality. We won’t be favored or expected to win any game but the Jets can beat either of these teams. 

The Raiders fell apart last year and just lost by 40 to the Falcons. Clev almost blew it against the Jags. And our crappy as our defense is, I think we can slow down the Clev running game.  Again, I don’t think they will win a game and hope they don’t...:but anyone who thinks losing the next 5 games will be easy is wrong. 

• Upvote 3

Listen, I get why in years past people were always skeptical and ultimately proven right about the Jets screwing up a tank job...but now? This year?

How are people still questioning this?

In two games against an utterly mediocre Miami team, we’ve been outscored 44-3.

Keep Darnold behind center and Gase on the sideline and 0-16 is a guarantee.

Trevor is ours. Just sit back every Sunday and laugh at the ineptitude for the next 5 weeks and take solace in the FACT that we’ll have Lawrence behind center and a new HC on the sideline next September.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Listen, I get why in years past people were always skeptical and ultimately proven right about the Jets screwing up a tank job...but now? This year?

How are people still questioning this?

Theres no such thing as the tank.  

The team just sucks and the HC sucks even more.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres no such thing as the tank.  

The team just sucks and the HC sucks even more.

I don’t think that Douglas went into the season expecting the 1st overall pick or very possibly going 0-16, but after the first 4-5 weeks of the season unfolded and with a generational QB prospect on the horizon (in addition to another legitimate blue-chipper)...yes, I absolutely believe that he was deep down hoping for such a situation to unfold.

Darnold clearly isn’t the answer. I was a massive fan until recently and he certainly was done few favors by Jets management, but the kid still doesn’t see the field and even his already sloppy mechanics have progressively gotten worse.

And Gase? Don’t even get me started.

Even the Johnson’s aren’t clueless enough to keep him around. He’s been a nationwide punchline since first arriving with his weirdass, googly-eyed introductory press conference and then he could very well have an 0-16 campaign piled on top.

The only non-owners in the entire organization who are even remotely safe right now are Douglas, Becton, Mims and a guy like Mosley simply because of his contract status.

Even when it comes to Quinnen Williams, who has been massively improved and seems to be finally living up to his draft status, I could see being moved if the right offer comes along.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If Jax would just win one more goddamn game we could exhale

It would be a sweet Sunday to watch a jet loss and a jax win. Two game cushion, then, call me crazy, we could even root for a win at some point because of that cushion, you know, for old times sake.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think that Douglas went into the season expecting the 1st overall pick or very possibly going 0-16, but after the first 4-5 weeks of the season unfolded and with a generational QB prospect on the horizon (in addition to another legitimate blue-chipper)...yes, I absolutely believe that he was deep down hoping for such a situation to unfold.

Darnold clearly isn’t the answer. I was a massive fan until recently and he certainly was done few favors by Jets management, but the kid still doesn’t see the field and even his already sloppy mechanics have progressively gotten worse.

Even the Johnson’s aren’t clueless enough to keep him around. He’s been a nationwide punchline since first arriving with his weirdass, googly-eyed introductory press conference and then he could very well have an 0-16 campaign piled on top.

The only non-owners in the entire organization who are even remotely safe right now are Douglas, Becton, Mims and a guy like Mosley simply because of his contract status.

Even when it comes to Quinnen Williams, who has been massively improved and seems to be finally living up to his draft status, I could see being moved if the right offer comes along.

So you think the players or the coaches, or both, are throwing games?

To me, they suck, they arent disciplined, they make too many mistakes but they sure are trying and playing hard enough where they seem to care.  Football players dont tank, not with short 4 careers.  And both players and coaches dont throw their careers in jeopardy for next years coaches and the next group of players brough in to replace them.  Thats all I was saying, theyre not deliberately throwing games away, they just suck.

2 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Those two teams are the ones to watch.  They always find a way to choke against us. 

Ummm The Browns were winless for like 1 1/4th seasons and broke the streak against us LOL 

Raiders I agree with though....I still have us losing because we’re that terrible but them coming to the East Coast for a 1pm game is troublesome......I think them getting smoked by ATL will have them focused 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

We wouldn't beat Jacksonville.

I know Jacksonville is 1-10 but they've got the rookie RB, he's like 3rd in the NFL in yardage, got Chark and some weapons at receiver - all three of their QBs are better than Darnold, plus they have some interesting parts on defense.

They'd be a TD favorite vs the Jets at a neutral site.

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

This season can’t end fast enough. I can’t deal with these weekly “we might beat team x” anymore

The crazy part is that (for some) this has replaced the nail-biting of, "We might lose to team x bottom feeder and capsize our playoff chances, play down to the level of the competition, blow pineapple chunks, shoot ourselves in the ass, and lose this week. Please put me out of my misery like a lame horse."

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Also, Maye like you said about QW. Maye would have to fetch a good deal to trade him since he is exceptional.