People close to Trevor “Are Jets the place you really want to be?”

29 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Market means nothing to NBA and NFL stars.

Mahomes plays in Kansas City

Rodgers plays in Green Bay

Brady plays in Tampa 

Manning played in Indianapolis

If anything, Florida's lack of state income tax can only be attractive.

No state income tax is nice for the 8 games per year it applies to but you are also going to be in an area of the country that loves it's college ball 10x more than their NFL teams. To your point though, if Trevor plays well the endorsements will follow him wherever.

The Jets and Jags are equally as attractive IMO, lots of cap, multiple high picks, new HC. I think we are splitting hairs. Whoever picks #1 is going to be where Trevor plays.

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's fair but you can still end up with the bottom of the barrel candidate. As it stands there are already 5 coaching vacancies with more to come. We could easily get the 5th-7th best option, and that option could be someone Trevor's camp does not like..

Zero chance the Jets are the 5th to 7th best option if we land #1, get out of here with that.

Who is more attractive? Maybe the Chargers? The Falcons have a 36 year old QB and are over the salary cap. The Texans have Watson but are way over the cap and have no 1sr or 2nd round pick. The Jets or Jags will be the most attractive landing spot, whoever gets #1 overall.

*Edit - the only way the Jets end up with a 5th to 7th best candidate is of JD royally botches this process. They will get their pick of HCs just like they had in 2019.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I do not believe Trevor Lawrence would “force” a trade basically because it is inconsistent with his Christian belief system. It is selfish and puts him at odds with God’s plan for him.

This is not intended to make light of his beliefs and should not be viewed as an invitation to critique the reasoning i.e. what if it’s God’s plan to force a trade. It is what it is, and for those who know people who take their christianity as seriously as Lawrence does, you’ll know if he enters the draft, he will play for whoever selects him and then he will thank God for his blessings and the opportunity to play in the NFL.

I know plenty of godly people whose actions disagree with this line of thought.  

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Zero chance the Jets are the 5th to 7th best option if we land #1, get out of here with that.

Who is more attractive? Maybe the Chargers? The Falcons have a 36 year old QB and are over the salary cap. The Texans have Watson but are way over the cap and have no 1sr or 2nd round pick. The Jets or Jags will be the most attractive landing spot, whoever gets #1 overall.

*Edit - the only way the Jets end up with a 5th to 7th best candidate is of JD royally botches this process. They will get their pick of HCs just like they had in 2019.

And we see where that got them. 

If it was not for the media just needing to stir up buzz, people would open their eyes and realize the jets are not a bad spot. A franchise LT, A promising young WR, solid slot receiver, average defense, new head coach, tons of money, tons of draft picks... Where else would he want to go? The jags?? What organizations out there have the draft capital or financial flexibility to force to The organization will turn the world upside down to make him the guy and if he succeeds he will be a legend forever. Hence Joe Namath still being the face of the franchise (which itself is a problem but still)

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't put anything past the Jets, Gase was easily the worst option the last time around but we are talking about being a desirable location, fact is we had our choice of any HC in 2019.

...and we jacked it up. 

I see a lot of people talking about "but JD is the guy now this will change" , and I just dont agree. 

He may actually BE the guy, but we managed to find a new way to trip over ourselves with promoting Hymie Elajhal. There have been some concerning things said about his influence on JD and Gase. Doesnt pass the smell test. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

There is actually little precedence of this happening in the NFL.

Elway, yes because he was drafted by the Yankees and had an option.

Jim Kelly told everyone before the draft, told the Bills, that he would not play in Buffalo.  He said the same thing the day of the draft and after he was drafted.  Where did he play?

Eli, do we know that he wouldn't have played in SD if they didnt find a trade partner with the Giants and a player that they liked in Rivers?  And thats the difference from the SD point of view, Rivers and Eli were a tossup.  SD was happy with Eli for Rivers plus Merriman and whoever else they got with picks.  If a team takes Lawrence theyre not trading him away, there isnt anyone of equal value 

Trevor doesnt have any leverage unless he wants to pass up millions and sit out.  Hes said more than once hes done at Clemson.  So would he sit out?  Nothing about his personality says he would.

Actually, Kelly played in Houston in the USFL for two seasons before it folded, then played for the Bills. Fortunately Lawrence’s options aren’t as plentiful. 

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

It amazes me that people 100% believe that there is zero chance he forces a trade. 

There is ACTUAL precedent for this a couple times in the history of the NFL draft, and the conditions for it to happen again are lining up. 

If Gase stays he’d probably at least bluff. But Gase is gone. Get Roman or Harbaugh and he will come.

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Google 'joe burrow should avoid the bengals' and you get the same story not even one year old

Maybe he should’ve dodged. His career now in jeopardy...

• Upvote 1

The Jets have a much less chance than people think of getting the #1 pick. The Raiders, Browns, and Patriots games will all come down to the last possession. We will have to be extremely lucky for not one of those games bouncing the wrong way. If Jags don't win the Jets chance statistically of getting the first pick is 25%. I am resigned that it isn't going to happen. :(

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

If it was not for the media just needing to stir up buzz, people would open their eyes and realize the jets are not a bad spot.

This is really all it is. This is why I don't take it seriously.

Think about it. There's only 2 teams in the running for Trevor: the Jets and the Jaguars. Why are there all these think pieces about how Trevor should avoid the Jets? Why no mention of the Jaguars? What makes the Jaguars a much better destination than the Jets? The Jaguars aren't exactly a franchise with a rich history either? Their history shows plenty incompetence. Pretty much because the Jaguars are irrelevant. Nobody cares about them.

That's why I ignore the media talk. It's done purely for clicks. As bad as the Jets have been historically, there are plenty franchises even worse. But because they're from NY, it's magnified even more. If we were the Detroit Jets or the Minnesota Jets or the Cincinnati Jets, we wouldn't be having these discussions 

• Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

The Jets have a much less chance than people think of getting the #1 pick. The Raiders, Browns, and Patriots games will all come down to the last possession. We will have to be extremely lucky for not one of those games bouncing the wrong way. If Jags don't win the Jets chance statistically of getting the first pick is 25%. I am resigned that it isn't going to happen. :(

Lmaoo yet trevor lawrence in your avy . Guy relax the jets haven’t shown you anything thing to believe there gonna beat anyone. They literally have had there asses to them in every game but 2 flacco close calls.  We are historically bad on offense . 

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

I agree that there is nothing in his personality that suggests he would do that. With that being said, 20 something year old minds get influenced by agents and family all the time. 

The scenario wouldnt play out where he would pass up millions anyways. Forcing the Jets into a trade would still see him selected at #1, just with a different team. 

Why would the agent push him somewhere else?  What does he want Jax?  That would make him more money?  Guarantee a better career?  I’m not getting it.  What’s the incentive?  

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

That's fair but you can still end up with the bottom of the barrel candidate. As it stands there are already 5 coaching vacancies with more to come. We could easily get the 5th-7th best option, and that option could be someone Trevor's camp does not like..

Why on earth would we wind up with the 7th best option and who says an option is what and how do those predictions work out?  Bowles was a top candidate.  But no one said he’s the 1st or the 4th.  Most said McCarthy was the top candidate, how’s he doing?  Kingsbury was probably the last guy picked and?  Frank Reich was a fall back emergency pick after McDaniels left the Colts stranded at the aisle.  I never heard any candidate, that went anywhere ranked in some listing anywhere..  And if Trevors camp wants to pick HCs before throwing a pass draft Fields, I’m not letting a kid and his “camp”run my team

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo yet trevor lawrence in your avy . Guy relax the jets haven’t shown you anything thing to believe there gonna beat anyone. They literally have had there asses to them in every game but 2 flacco close calls.  We are historically bad on offense . 

Key point "were" historically bad on offense. Its a big difference throwing to Jeff Smith and Chris Hogan vs Perriman and Mimms. This was Darnold's first game with them and already you saw more explosive plays than he had all year. Miami is a top 5 defense. When they play the Raiders Darnold will light them up just like he did last year. The Jets secondary is entirely revamped than it was at the beginning of the year and is playing much better. These will all be close coin flip games. If the Jaguars don't win Jets have only a 25% to get the first pick.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, shevys said:

Actually, Kelly played in Houston in the USFL for two seasons before it folded, then played for the Bills. Fortunately Lawrence’s options aren’t as plentiful. 

You’re right I get that but he said he wouldn’t play in Buffalo.  And said he  wanted his rights traded by the Bills.  

This is the beauty of the NFL draft; it's the opposite of Free Agency. 

Trevor has no say-so if the Jets draft him or not. None whatsoever; it's not up to him. 

He only has one of two options. 

1.) Get drafted #1 overall. 

2.) Return back to school for another covid-tainted season; while risking a season/career ending injury (and we all know that isn't happening). 

The Manning family was already wealthy rich before Peyton held out of the NFL draft and returned to Tennessee; his Dad, Archie Manning has a net worth of 10 Million Dollars. The Lawrence family isn't the Manning family and the Lawrence family can't afford a gamble of Trevor suffering a potential career ending NCAA injury. 

1.) Go back to college for another covid tainted season. 

2.) Get drafted #1 overall by the NY Jets. 

Those are his only two options (and he's already made his farewell speech: he's leaving Clemson for the #1 overall pick) and Dabo said months ago that Trevor wasn't returning for his Senior season. 

And last but not least he could "demand" a trade until he's blue in the face but that can't and won't stop JD from drafting him and laughing all the way to the bank because unfortunately for Trevor himself, he's not an NFL GM and doesn't have an NFL right to pick and choose which NFL Franchisee gets to draft him and neither will his agent; because this isn't Free Agency, kid. 

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

You mean like Albert Einstein?

"God does not play dice with the universe." 

Bad analogy, just sayin.  Einstein’s quote was due to his reluctance to accept Quantum theory,  this was his most well documented mistake (as well as his retracted cosmological constant- a mathematical crutch he made up to try to prove a static and not expanding universe but I digress.)

Einstein believed there had to be certainty in existence which quantum theory directly rebuffs.  However, every single test of quantum theory has passed muster; Wave/particle duality as exhibited by slit lamp experiments, quantum entanglement (which allows the new generation of quantum computers), the uncertainty principle, Schrödinger’s cat (this actually is just a thought experiment). 

God (which is really just physics) plays dice all day erryday

anyway point is, fire Gase

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Yup. Jacksonville is where it’s at! 

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

lol I know right. 

They don't have Mekhi Becton there to protect his blindside either, they've got Cam Robinson who imo has been an NFL disappointment. Not a bust but far from elite. 

I mean the Jets stink too but the idea that Trevor would rather play for Jax and would return to a covid tainted NCAA in order to "Skip the Jets" is a laughable joke to me. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Bad analogy, just sayin.  Einstein’s quote was due to his reluctance to accept Quantum theory,  this was his most well documented mistake (as well as his retracted cosmological constant- a mathematical crutch he made up to try to prove a static and not expanding universe but I digress.)

Einstein believed there had to be certainty in existence which quantum theory directly rebuffs.  However, every single test of quantum theory has passed muster; Wave/particle duality as exhibited by slit lamp experiments, quantum entanglement (which allows the new generation of quantum computers), the uncertainty principle, Schrödinger’s cat (this actually is just a thought experiment). 

God (which is really just physics) plays dice all day erryday

anyway point is, fire Gase

Now maybe you can cut and paste the wikipedia entry for "humor."

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Key point "were" historically bad on offense. Its a big difference throwing to Jeff Smith and Chris Hogan vs Perriman and Mimms. This was Darnold's first game with them and already you saw more explosive plays than he had all year. Miami is a top 5 defense. When they play the Raiders Darnold will light them up just like he did last year. The Jets secondary is entirely revamped than it was at the beginning of the year and is playing much better. These will all be close coin flip games. If the Jaguars don't win Jets have only a 25% to get the first pick.

I saw 2 picks and 3 points what game where u watching? 

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

It amazes me that people 100% believe that there is zero chance he forces a trade. 

There is ACTUAL precedent for this a couple times in the history of the NFL draft, and the conditions for it to happen again are lining up. 

Let him decline and he can go be a Rhodes scholar so he doesn’t tear his rotator cuff