People close to Trevor “Are Jets the place you really want to be?”

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Bad analogy, just sayin.  Einstein’s quote was due to his reluctance to accept Quantum theory,  this was his most well documented mistake (as well as his retracted cosmological constant- a mathematical crutch he made up to try to prove a static and not expanding universe but I digress.)

Einstein believed there had to be certainty in existence which quantum theory directly rebuffs.  However, every single test of quantum theory has passed muster; Wave/particle duality as exhibited by slit lamp experiments, quantum entanglement (which allows the new generation of quantum computers), the uncertainty principle, Schrödinger’s cat (this actually is just a thought experiment). 

God (which is really just physics) plays dice all day erryday

anyway point is, fire Gase

Einstein did all of his work on a scratch pad, Proven half a century later with space age equipment. I think he has a little credence. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And many people rather be in New York than craphole jacksonville. 

To be fair, NY is turning into quite the craphole itself (and I'm a NY'er).  Except things are still expensive and we still get cold winters.  Jax is pretty awful (I've been to their football stadium too - awful) but they have better weather, more value for the money and no state income tax.

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

It amazes me that people 100% believe that there is zero chance he forces a trade. 

There is ACTUAL precedent for this a couple times in the history of the NFL draft, and the conditions for it to happen again are lining up. 

But to go where?. Is the JAX organization any better than the Jets?. Wash and Dallas are to low in draft order though need QBs. Same goes for Detroit. Remember this lined up for teams like the Giants and Chargers with Eli since they were within a few draft slots of each other. Team Lawrence can't expect us to drop down so far we can't get a QB which we need. Him and his team don't like it then they don't go number 1 and maybe we pick Fields at 1. Heck everyone criticized Browns for taking Mayfield over Darnold and it worked out better for them at this point. At least they are contending.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’d say there’s a very slim chance. Not zero. But slim. 

Its just the stench of Gase and what the team is now. Once they purge all that, get their HC and Douglas and his team can sit down with Lawerence, it’ll be okay. If Gase was still here, he’d 100 percent force a trade. 

Agreed Gase MUST go immediately after season and a coach QB centered must be brought in and then Lawrence might be ok here.  

If Trevor were my kid?  I'd tell him to under no circumstance do you sign with the Jets.   I would not want him a part of the Woody/Chris Johnson never-ending sh*tshow.   History has shown that these two dopes will continue to hire awful, unqualified, coaches/GMs and put young QBs through the meat grinder.

13 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This will be a good place for him. Nothing can be worse than this year so it's only upside from here. Number 1 sports market. Gase will be gone. A franchise LT plus some other promising young players. Plenty of cap space and draft picks, including 5 in the top 90. Things are bleak now but they could be a lot different in 2 years. 

How do we get 5 picks in the first 90?  I know we get 4 picks in the top 100.

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If Trevor were my kid?  I'd tell him to under no circumstance do you sign with the Jets.   I would not want him a part of the Woody/Chris Johnson never-ending sh*tshow.   History has shown that these two dopes will continue to hire awful, unqualified, coaches/GMs and put young QBs through the meat grinder.

as a fan I would love him to come to the jets but if he was my kid I would tell him unless they hire your coach who you love and sign a real wr weapontay far far far away

I would remind him how Joe looked sam and his parents in the eyes and said he would protect him, surround him with great weapons and give him everything he needs to succeed. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And many people rather be in New York than craphole jacksonville. 

And many people wouldn’t.  I am not saying one is better than the other.  Just that people have different opinions on where they would live.  There are just as many people who would dread living anywhere near nyc (Or nj) as there are people who dream to live there.  I am in neither camp, it just should not be expected that every single person wants to live in the ny metro area.

A small town southern kid may very well dream of living and playing in a big city.  But he may not.  He may wish to play for a team closer to home.  Or maybe not.  Or the city and location may have no effect on his opinion at all.  We really don’t know. 

31 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

But to go where?. Is the JAX organization any better than the Jets?. Wash and Dallas are to low in draft order though need QBs. Same goes for Detroit. Remember this lined up for teams like the Giants and Chargers with Eli since they were within a few draft slots of each other. Team Lawrence can't expect us to drop down so far we can't get a QB which we need. Him and his team don't like it then they don't go number 1 and maybe we pick Fields at 1. Heck everyone criticized Browns for taking Mayfield over Darnold and it worked out better for them at this point. At least they are contending.

Agreed. 

I don't see an ideal landing spot within range of the top pick. 

The Jags are the only realistic trade partner and they are probably only a slightly better franchise than we are. I guess Lawrence could have his heart set on staying in the south? Then again, London isn't exactly in the south, either. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d be worried if the Jets had the #1 and the Pats were sitting at #3, because Lawrence’s people would almost be justified turning some screws to force a trade to New England. As it stands, the only “more desirable” team in striking distance (without a QB) is Dallas, and they stand to win a few more games before the end of the year. 

Lawrence’s people are going to force the Jets to send Trevor to the Pats? Why not just have Kraft to tell Goidell to do it after he finishes giving him a rub and tug? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, emesola said:

Trevor is an evangelical Christian. No way he forces a trade because “God has a plan”. 

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I do not believe Trevor Lawrence would “force” a trade basically because it is inconsistent with his Christian belief system. It is selfish and puts him at odds with God’s plan for him.

This is not intended to make light of his beliefs and should not be viewed as an invitation to critique the reasoning i.e. what if it’s God’s plan to force a trade. It is what it is, and for those who know people who take their christianity as seriously as Lawrence does, you’ll know if he enters the draft, he will play for whoever selects him and then he will thank God for his blessings and the opportunity to play in the NFL.

I respectfully disagree with this position.  If anything, his Christianity, southern roots and his family's staunch Republican political stance could possibly (and I stress the word possibly) influence him to seek a trade.

Plenty of hard core Southerners think the northeast is filled with libtard heathens who want to take your money and give it to lazy poor people (their words...not mine).  Hell, I know plenty of people in Indiana who think like this and Indiana is not "the South".  

I take nothing for granted in this political climate and while I doubt he forces a trade....it also wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't buy the "force his way off the Jets" stuff mainly because I don't think the other options are really more appealing. 

You can't "pick your spot." You can't say "I'll only play for teams X, Y and Z." if he singles out the NYJ as a singularly bad organization he's setting himself up to be traded to the highest bidder which could easily be a worse situation. More thank likely it would be the Jaguars -- who, because of his trade, would have significantly less assets to use to support him relative to the Jets.

I do think he has some level of leverage and I think he'll obviously meet with Douglas and the Johnsons to talk about the situation. But he's very clearly coming out and doesn't seem to have the type of personality to refuse to go to a certain team.

He's a born again Christian southern boy so maybe he's not a big time NYC guy -- but the same could be said for guys like Eli Manning. Eli was smart enough to realize how to leverage the NY market to his benefit, which he very much did. I think ultimately Lawrence would do the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Lawrence will have leverage. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities.

I don't disagree, but it's still very unlikely because of the lack of an obvious trade partner. 

If the Cowboys were sitting there at 2 or 3 with more assets, I'd be more worried. But the Cowboys are currently picking 4th and still have games left with the Giants, Eagles, and Bengals. 

Two other teams currently picking in the top 5 have young QBs (Chargers, Bengals). That leaves us and Jacksonville. I guess he could strongly prefer Jacksonville because it's a smaller town in the south, but I'm not sure that makes all that much difference. We'll see. 

Beyond the top 5, the draft capital needed to make the trade becomes increasingly prohibitive. If a team from the middle of the draft wants to give the Jets a Ricky Williams/Hershel Walker type of trade (and it would be considerably more costly than either of those), it's honestly not the end of the world, anyway. 

All of this underscores the importance of getting the top pick. We either get a historical haul (easily the biggest draft day haul in NFL history) or we get Lawrence. . 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1