People close to Trevor “Are Jets the place you really want to be?”

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

RESPECTFULLY, If either New York team had a yearly all-pro qb (which we NEVER HAD) HE WOULD BE THE BIGGEST SPORTS STAR IN AMERICA PERIOD!

That person would be a big star, no doubt.  Like any "yearly all-pro QB" would be.

I am unconvinced such a player would be a "bigger star" simply for playing in New York.

Mahomes is a massive star, doing national endorsement commercials, and he plays in Kansas City.  If he played in New York, he'd be doing the same.

and before you use the Eli Manning nonsense, MANNING WAS A JAG AND NEVER A ALL-PRO, IF ELI WAS A ALL-PRO  TYPE PLAYER HE WOULD BE BIGGER THAN PEYTON FACTS!

No True Scotsman.

its hard to market JAG quarterbacks which NY almost always ever had. And to cement my point the BIGGEST ATHLETE EVER IN THE NFL WAS AND IS TOM BRADY(Super Bowl wining and all-pro winning QB) FROM ONE OF THE LARGEST MEDIA MARKETS, NOW HOW BIG DO YOU THINK BRADYS RUN WITH THE PATS WOULD'VE BEEN AS A JET OR GIANT? Let me help you WAYYYY BIGGER THAN IT ALREADY IS( and that’s saying a lot)

I think it would be pretty much the same.  

edit l: and I or you can’t speak on what’s Trevors personal opinions of New York, I was just responding to you down playing the significance of playing in New York. The other stuff your pointing out is pointless without being in Trevors head. 

If Trevor or his Reps are wise, he'll do everything he can to avoid playing for the NY Jets.  JMO.

Obviously, if he IS a legit stud generational QB I personally hope we get him and he embraces playing here.  But what I want isn't what I'd advise him if his interests were at stake.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, Matt39 said:

The Pats were on national TV practically every week when Brady was there. The only place he may have been a bigger star would have been with the Cowboys. 

And the endorsement deals that led to?  The Pats were on TV practically every week because they were at the top or near the top of the entire NFL rankings every week.  Had nothing to do with the city 

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the Johnsons botch replacing Gase (ie- Schotty, Bienemy) I can see TL doing an Eli

The only place where Bieniemy gets universal hate it this board.  Players love the guy.  I have zero doubt in my mind that TL would be excited to play with Bieniemy as his coach.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, Warfish said:

I am unconvinced such a player would be a "bigger star" simply for playing in New York.

Mahomes is a massive star, doing national endorsement commercials, and he plays in Kansas City.  If he played in New York, he'd be doing the same.

As I said, the mega stars, the Mahomes, Rogers, Labron, theyre stars wherever they play.  Its the S Barkley getting national deals before running a football and Zeke Eliot getting none.  Its Rex Ryan, Keyshawn, Ron Darling, ARod etc getting national tv deals.  There are a lot more opportunities in NYC than other places.  If Rogers played in NY he wouldn't be bigger than he is in Green Bay?  Other than his one State Farm deal all these years?  

How can you argue that the opportunities in the media capital of the world arent greater?  Of course all of this is for the player who wants to take advantage of those opportunities.  I dont think its that big a deal because the players are making so much $$ they dont need to hawk their faces and I dont get that Lawrence is that kind of guy.

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The only place where Bieniemy gets universal hate it this board.  Players love the guy.  I have zero doubt in my mind that TL would be excited to play with Bieniemy as his coach.

It's not about players loving the guy or not (in the same way players loved playing for Rex Ryan), I don't probably doubt that. Question is, can be a legit and good head coach?

Warranted or not, a lot of people are going to be skeptical about him being in Andy Reid's shadow. Fact is, Mahomes and Reid run that show in KC, not Bieniemy. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

It's not about players loving the guy or not, it's if he can be a legit and good head coach. Warranted or not, a lot of people are going to be skeptical about him being in Andy Reid's shadow. Fact is, Mahomes and Reid run that show in KC, not Bieniemy. 

This is a completely false narrative:

https://www.insider.com/patrick-mahomes-cheifs-eric-bieniemy-game-winning-touchdown-2020-11

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

It's not about players loving the guy or not (in the same way players loved playing for Rex Ryan), I don't probably doubt that. Question is, can be a legit and good head coach?

Warranted or not, a lot of people are going to be skeptical about him being in Andy Reid's shadow. Fact is, the perception is that Mahomes and Reid run that show in KC, not Bieniemy. 

Fixed

No one knows the facts 

Bienemy isnt my top choice but the idea that hes a horrible choice is kind of baffling.

After playing he goes to Colorado as a RB coach, then back to the NFL to become the RB coach or the Vikings and AP, back to Colorado now as their OC, then on to working for Reid as his RB coach. He's promoted to OC in 2018 where Mahomes is developed into a 5000 yard, 50 TD QB.   One of only 2 to do it.  Ever.  Obviously Mahomes is a beast but we credit or discredit every other candidate by their QBs and offenses success and failures just not this one?  I dont care is Reid slowly gave him play calling responsibilities or was reluctant to do so, doesnt mean he wasnt capable but he was involved in coaching up the offense, in game planning and slowly took over play calling while learning from one of he best, thats the knock?  And who can tell the difference, sees a drop off from when Reid called plays to now under Bienemy?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And the endorsement deals that led to?  The Pats were on TV practically every week because they were at the top or near the top of the entire NFL rankings every week.  Had nothing to do with the city 

Yes I’m sure Brady is upset he missed out on raking in the bug bucks on those  Nobody Beats the Wiz ad’s. 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah or those big national deals.

Has nothing to do with it does it?

What were some of the national deals Brady was not privy to by playing in New England and not NY? 

Brady seeks out the sponsors he wants, not the opposite. 

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What were some of the national deals was Brady not privy to by playing in New England and not NY? 

Brady seeks out the sponsors he wants, not the opposite. 

Every one of them?  He never had a national deal in NE.  Will being universally knighted the G.O.A.T.

Which sponsors did Brady seek out and get?  

You'll argue against anything

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Yes, I know Trevor Lawrence is dreaming about playing the next 10 years for a Eric Bienemy 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Every one of them?  He never had a national deal in NE.  Will being universally knighted the G.O.A.T.

Which sponsors did Brady seek out and get?  

You'll argue against anything

Wait what. Is Under Armour not a national deal? 

New York opened more doors for athletes maybe 15-20 years ago and beyond. Now, you can play anywhere and still be a megastar.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wait what. Is Under Armour not a national deal?

Brady should be getting Michael Jordan/George Foreman money in endorsements.  

Tbh the blame has to go to bitter steelers fans.  Also the bandwagon psychology of the 80’s and 90’s and everyone becoming a fair weather Bulls/Cowboys fan disappeared 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Brady should be getting Michael Jordan/George Foreman money in endorsements.  

Tbh the blame has to go to bitter steelers fans.  Also the bandwagon psychology of the 80’s and 90’s and everyone becoming a fair weather Bulls/Cowboys fan disappeared 

There’s only one MJ. If you want to argue Brady should have gone with Nike maybe, but Nike had no issues with Lebron in Cleveland.