Is it fair yet to check in on Leveon Bell

Now that he is in an offense where they will know how to utilize his skills?

Rushing Receiving   Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Date Week Tm   Opp Result GS Rush Yds Y/A TD Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Ctch% Y/Tgt TD Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct

2020-10-25 7 KAN @ DEN W 43-16   6 39 6.50 0 0 0 0   0 0.0%   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 17 33% 0 0% 0 0%
2020-11-01 8 KAN   NYJ W 35-9   6 7 1.17 0 3 3 31 10.33 0 100.0% 10.33 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 17 26% 0 0% 0 0%
2020-11-08 9 KAN   CAR W 33-31   4 8 2.00 0 1 1 -5 -5.00 0 100.0% -5.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 31% 0 0% 0 0%
2020-11-22 11 KAN @ LVR W 35-31   7 25 3.57 1 1 1 11 11.00 0 100.0% 11.00 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 26% 0 0% 0 0%
2020-11-29 12 KAN @ TAM W 27-24   5 22 4.40 0 2 2 10 5.00 0 100.0% 5.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 24

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

One thing about that Pittsburgh organization; they sure do know when someone is finished and when the time has come to cut bait. Neil O'Donnell comes off a Super Bowl and goes to The Jets and he ends up looking and playing like Al Woodall. Lev Bell leaves the Steelers b/c of $$ and signs with the Jets holding the best TPC average IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME,  Then he takes a year off and with fresh legs and a fresh body comes here and turns into an old man. How does that happen to the Jets time and time again?

I don't think I can ever take a chance on a football player that has taken a year off. Especially for big money.

It is why I have extreme worries about how Moseley comes back next year.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I don't think I can ever take a chance on a football player that has taken a year off. Especially for big money.

It's basically going to have been two years for Mosley by the start of next season. They'll do whatever to minimize the financial hit but I doubt he sees the field for the Jets again.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Actually for the most part CJ has taken two years off not one. So stop worrying friend. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Imagining what Mosley will look like after basically 2 years off. He might not even resemble a football player

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

It's basically going to have been two years for Mosley by the start of next season. They'll do whatever to minimize the financial hit but I doubt he sees the field for the Jets again.

Not so sure.  I guys Im not convinced that Bells situation isnt just a combo of age, over use and the desire being gone after the year off.  I dont see why guys can lose 2 years to injury and come back but a relatively minor injury that you cant play through like an abdominal injury and the opt out will leave him useless to the Jets.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Stick a fork in Mosely.  I do not expect his return and even if he does he'll be a shell of himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The guy was here for a cup of coffee. Who gives a ?

They guy was a HUGE part of what Macc  considered his rebuild. That money could have been spent in a lot of other areas and resources. Think about it, he gave huge money to a RB (with a year off) and a MILB.

We should all care.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They guy was a HUGE part of what Macc  considered his rebuild. That money could have been spent in a lot of other areas and resources. Think about it, he gave huge money to a RB (with a year off) and a MILB.

We should all care.

There was a pretty unanimous consensus that this was the best pickup we made in years . It didn't  work and he is now gone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

He has to.  The cap hit to cut him is insane.

Per overthecap.com it is a 20 million dollar dead cap space hit, resulting in 8 million dollar higher cap hit for 2021.

It isn't a whole lot better for 2021, as that results in a 12.5 dead cap hit and only 5 million in savings.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There was a pretty unanimous consensus that this was the best pickup we made in years . It didn't  work and he is now gone.

I'm going to disagree there.   He is gone, but still counts as 4 million for next years caps plus the hit for this year.