Darnold Is A Problem

choon328

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Whay do you insist that he is secretly good?

YOu'd bet if you believed, but you don't, simple.

And 1k is less than $1 a day over 3 yrs.

Are you on DRUGS?????

Who said anything about Sam being secretly good????

I think that you will if on another team paly better than he is now and the Gase hurts some players development.

But I will predict and bet you that the Jets will continue to mediocre until the Ownership gets out of the picking the coaching business and let JD do it...

Umm and I don't make bets on the Jets anymore.... The last time I did I ended up having to send Garbanza, on another site I think a certificate to Victoria Secrets or some such foolishness'!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is always the go-to for Darnold apologists.

We don't dislike Sam Darnold.  We dislike that he sucks at football.

I get it you too don't like Darnold!!

But I wanted Baler Mayfield so there.......and now you are all upset that your BOY Darnold let you down!

Face it one can't be right all the time!

Baker would have been better for the Jets as I said!

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I get it you too don't like Darnold!!

But I wanted Baler Mayfield so there.......and now you are all upset that your BOY Darnold let you down!

Face it one can't be right all the time!

Baker would have been better for the Jets as I said!

No, you don't get it.  It's also disingenuous of you to try to distance yourself from Darnold now when you've been making excuses for him and blaming everyone but Darnold for his failures the last 3 years. 

Whether you wanted him at the time or not, you've behaved in such a way that suggests you've continued to believe in him despite all evidence to the contrary up until this week, when suddenly you never liked him.  I'm not buying it, guy.  Maybe use a few more exclamation points in your posts.

And yes, we are upset that a # 3 pick, who we gave up three 2nd round picks to move up and draft, failed.  Are we not supposed to be unhappy about this?  How quickly are we supposed to stop talking about arguably the biggest bust in Jets draft history?

• Haha 2

1. I would not be to concerned with what we get for sam as long as we get something. He can NOT be on the roster next year. Disaster scenario is us having to cut him and he winds up where else...but New England. 

2. I personally will always have a certain curiosity about Sam. Yes, he looks terrible but I think many of us were really excited after his rookie year IK I was. I don't think he would have ever been the savior we wanted, but I wonder if he could have been better than this. 

3. It is time for him to be shut down for the season, fake an injury and preserve some trade value/dignity. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

we are upset that a # 3 pick, who we gave up three 2nd round picks to move up and draft, failed.  Are we not supposed to be unhappy about this?  How quickly are we supposed to stop talking about arguably the biggest bust in Jets draft history?

Season 5 GIF by Ex On The Beach

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

1. I would not be to concerned with what we get for sam as long as we get something. He can NOT be on the roster next year. Disaster scenario is us having to cut him and he winds up where else...but New England. 

2. I personally will always have a certain curiosity about Sam. Yes, he looks terrible but I think many of us were really excited after his rookie year IK I was. I don't think he would have ever been the savior we wanted, but I wonder if he could have been better than this. 

3. It is time for him to be shut down for the season, fake an injury and preserve some trade value/dignity. 

i dont think you will be curious very long. he's b/u level stuff. 

its time for him to put up. he said expect wins. 

after his rookie year. i wasnt excited after rookie cos he played badlhy far more than he played well.

same as last year, ths we got more wins cos the D stood up against bad teams at the end...  and he managed to be only a bit below avg by avoiding ints/fumbles.

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

although not sure we could have picked anyone else in that spot.

Yeah, there were legit concerns about Allen's accuracy issues and Lamar is hella talented but requires a very unique offense that I am still not sure is sustainable. 

90% of the league takes Darnold there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Anyone surprised by what we see in that tweet has not been looking at Darnold the last three years.   Darnold has never been good at reading coverages and throwing the ball deep.  He's missed open receivers constantly.

I also think Darnold never recovered from that Pats game where he "saw ghosts".  That game exacerbated his penchant for panicking with even mild pressure coming.  

Could not agree with you more. Jets fans always knew Sam was turnover prone but that game made him scared to throw another interception. Not to mention the two games that followed were the jags and fins. Which were...well uk

• Upvote 1

Gase is my 2nd most hated Jet behind MM, that being said every time I watch these breakdowns I start to think maybe he’s not as bad as I thought, and when I say as I thought, I mean the worst football coach to ever be a head coach anywhere at any level in the history of football. Maybe if he had a decent QB he would just be the worst coach in the NFL 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Being honest, given there was no preseason, handing Morgan some live reps over the next five games isn't a terrible idea.  You figure JD has to sign a veteran backup behind our new rookie QB.  So what's Morgan about in 2021?  The only risk is he's good and we win a couple of games...

the plan was he was not to see live bullets in 2020 or they would not have signed Flacco. end of.

i too am curious. but it simply aint hapnin. just like inseason firing of Gase aint hapnin. 

Sam Darnold was a fumbling machine in HS. 

Sam Darnold was a turnover freak @ USC. 

And Sam Darnold is a fumbling machine, turnover prone and an absolute INT freak here in the NFL with the Jets. 

He's completed the TRIFECTA of being a disgusting turnover prone machine freak @ all 3 levels and nothing (no team) can save him; he's an absolute BUST. 

He's by far the worst QB and rated 32nd (dead last) amongst all NFL starting QBs; he stinks!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you don't get it.  It's also disingenuous of you to try to distance yourself from Darnold now when you've been making excuses for him and blaming everyone but Darnold for his failures the last 3 years. 

Whether you wanted him at the time or not, you've behaved in such a way that suggests you've continued to believe in him despite all evidence to the contrary up until this week, when suddenly you never liked him.  I'm not buying it, guy.  Maybe use a few more exclamation points in your posts.

And yes, we are upset that a # 3 pick, who we gave up three 2nd round picks to move up and draft, failed.  Are we not supposed to be unhappy about this?  How quickly are we supposed to stop talking about arguably the biggest bust in Jets draft history?

No youre right its the ultra simplistic, he sucks, that explains why hes failed here so why discuss.

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

or maybe Sam needs a ******* drill sargeant to call him a ******* maggot spoiled POS and to get his ******* act together...

cos it really does seem like its been nothing except people telling him what a great QB he is.

give him the mArtz treament.

The mental toughness of Kurt Warner to go from a guy bagging groceries to  HoF career with   3 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Lombardi; not even in the same league as a softie like Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The mental toughness of Kurt Warner to go from a guy bagging groceries to  HoF career with   3 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Lombardi; not even in the same league as a softie like Darnold. 

remembefr when he was mic'd up vs colts. said someting about lets put the dagger in them. it was kinda sad.

cos he just sounded like a guy saying sorry when its obvious he's noy sorry. just poorly acting out the words.

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

the plan was he was not to see live bullets in 2020 or they would not have signed Flacco. end of.

i too am curious. but it simply aint hapnin. just like inseason firing of Gase aint hapnin. 

Every one has a plan until their 0-11.  Although agree 100% on Gase

Sam Darnold was a fumbling machine in HS. 
Sam Darnold was a turnover freak @ USC. 
And Sam Darnold is a fumbling machine, turnover prone and an absolute INT freak here in the NFL with the Jets. 
He's completed the TRIFECTA of being a disgusting turnover prone machine freak @ all 3 levels and nothing (no team) can save him; he's an absolute BUST. 
He's by far the worst QB and rated 32nd (dead last) amongst all NFL starting QBs; he stinks!
I'm almost afraid to say this because he will suddenly do it but he hasn't had a fumbling problem since he's been in the league....so far. Just the killer INT's

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I'm almost afraid to say this because he will suddenly do it but he hasn't had a fumbling problem since he's been in the league....so far. Just the killer INT's

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

a few bumbles here and there...   but exactly as many INTS as Sanchez had thru as many games..

that damning

shocked chris tucker GIF

• Haha 1

Interception #1 from Sunday's game.  Denzel Mims breaking open at the 28 yard line, but Darnold is already bailing out of a clean pocket and either does not see him or does not pull the trigger.

image.thumb.png.45cae2e2481bfc9eb3594eb07523e95c.png

Interception #2 from Sunday.  Mims again open, breaking in towards the hash at the 40 with a lot of open field in front of him.  Perriman blanketed by Howard.  Clean pocket.  Darnold locks on to Perriman.  Never looks to the other side of the field, despite the clean pocket. 

image.thumb.png.f93c68fabe1551f0d48fce7e311f7d0b.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ask people to name a QB who failed like Darnold had his first 3 years and went on to become a top-half QB later in his career and they either have to go back a long time (like Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon) OR name someone who actually didn't play anywhere close to as badly as Darnold his first 3 years (like Ryan Tannehill). 

Here's one who played until last year:  Eli Manning.  His third year he was regressing, all the papers and fans were screaming "Move on!"  Goes on to win two Super Bowls against The Devil himself.

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

a few bumbles here and there...   but exactly as many INTS as Sanchez had thru as many games..

that damning

shocked chris tucker GIF

Yes. Exactly. The same amount of INTs throughout their first 33 games (36 INT's). 

However what's alarming regarding Darnold (as was alarming with Sanchez) is just like Sanchez, he's got 9 games of multiple INT performances; it's as if once he throws 1 int he then becomes mentally beaten and you just know more INT's will soon thereafter follow ala games of...

2 INTs, 2 INTs, 2 INTs, 2 INTs, 3 INTs, 3 INTs, 3 INTs, 4 INTs & 4 INTs (the other 11 games; 1 INT a piece). 

But unlike Sam Darnold, not even Mark Sanchez went 4 consecutive games of 0 TD's thrown (ever). 

Sanchez had a Jets career QB Rating of 71.7. 

Darnold has an NFL career QB Rating of 77.6. 

Sam has now gone 4 consecutive games without 1 single TD thrown and is quickly approaching David Carr status of 6 consecutive games without a single TD thrown...

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Interception #1 from Sunday's game.  Denzel Mims breaking open at the 28 yard line, but Darnold is already bailing out of a clean pocket and either does not see him or does not pull the trigger.

image.thumb.png.45cae2e2481bfc9eb3594eb07523e95c.png

Interception #2 from Sunday.  Mims again open, breaking in towards the hash at the 40 with a lot of open field in front of him.  Perriman blanketed by Howard.  Clean pocket.  Darnold locks on to Perriman.  Never looks to the other side of the field, despite the clean pocket. 

image.thumb.png.f93c68fabe1551f0d48fce7e311f7d0b.png

go thru 3 yrs worth and you'll puke yourself

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. Exactly. The same amount of INTs throughout their first 33 games (36 INT's). 

However what's alarming regarding Darnold (as was alarming with Sanchez) is just like Sanchez, he's got 9 games of multiple INT performances; it's as if once he throws 1 int he then becomes mentally beaten and you just know more INT's will soon thereafter follow ala games of...

2 INTs, 2 INTs, 2 INTs, 2 INTs, 3 INTs, 3 INTs, 3 INTs, 4 INTs & 4 INTs (the other 11 games; 1 INT a piece). 

But unlike Sam Darnold, not even Mark Sanchez went 4 consecutive games of 0 TD's thrown (ever). 

Sanchez had a Jets career QB Rating of 71.7. 

Darnold has an NFL career QB Rating of 77.6. 

Sam has now gone 4 consecutive games without 1 single TD thrown and is quickly approaching David Carr status of 6 consecutive games without a single TD thrown...

we used 4 picks...     ahhh  McCagnan!!

big mac burger GIF

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is always the go-to for Darnold apologists.

We don't dislike Sam Darnold.  We dislike that he sucks at football.

Hes 23 Years old, parlayed his athletic ability into 3 years of Free USC as QB and BMOC and all of the ***** that entails,  and now has a net worth of $30M plus.... and as an almost 50 year old career Fireman that will not see 1/10th of what that kid got in  for SUCKING,  I'm supposed to feel bad for him or something?

Boo freaking hoo.....lol

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I don't even know if it's his inability to process post snap.  Per the video, he looked right at Crowder but just couldn't pull the trigger.  I think this is more about his confidence being shot.  A fresh start on the bench for a year with a good org. and offensive mind like Reich in Indy could be exactly what he needs.   

Any chance Indy reimburses us back the three 2nd rounders we gave them for Darnold?. Well, couldn't hurt to ask.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see you refuting anything I said!!!!!!!!

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I will stop trolling you least you bust a heart valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

Of course I do hold Darnold totally responsible for his poor play on the field.  Who couldn't hold him responsible!

Despite this and putting Sam's POOR PLAY ASIDE.  I will not excuse the lack of planning and design that the Jets as an Organization had in place when they drafted Darnold!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

All I can say is we have fallen far far away from all of those out here who SWORE that the only thing we could do was "SUCK FOR SAM"...

Now some of the same posters who would argue about how Sam is a "can't miss prospect" are some of the same folks now pillorying him out here!

I'll be the first to admit I was all-in on suck for Sam, though, I kinda liked Rosen more.

Thing is, my opinions on them were based on hype and highlight reels, as I don't watch much college football.  Once he got to the Jets, I evaluated him by watching every throw.  It was clear he was bad.  Not, good and limited in a bad situation.  Just bad.

10 hours ago, AL047 said:

To prevent those mistakes from happening the coaches have to step in and fix the problem. But its always the same with him, where are the coaches to fix him? I understand one game it happens and you don't see it again but with Darnold its almost a every day thing with him!!!! That is why your paying millions in dollars to the coaching staff to fix these problems and make sure they don't flare up again.

Not every problem is fixable.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I haven’t watched any games this year except Monday night with Flacco so I have no idea but when THIS BOARD turns on the kid basically lock step in unison. he must be done.  How sad for him and us.  The game I went to in DC last year he looked good. Rolling out, making throws, etc. but the next week we get shutout by CINN.  The kid just ....  I have no words.  Bring on the TANK!!!!!

Did he?  I was at that game as well.  I remember a lot of nice plays against a terrible defense/team, but I also remember a mind-numbingly stupid interception that we were fortunate didn't hurt us.

• Upvote 1