5 possible reasons.. ~ ~ ~

kelly

23 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I've just about had it with this idea of "tanking".

No one in the NFL is intentionally trying to lose games. Do you really think that any of the players  on the team now give a crap about the draft pick? Do you really think that the front office is trying to lose games? The coaching staff knows that it is unlikely that they will get another job in the NFL after this mess. The talent level on this team has been abysmal for a few years now and it's just coming home to roost this year.

Here are some of the ramifications of tanking: lower rate of season ticket renewals (I was on the season ticket waiting list for 18 years, the waiting time is now 18 seconds), lower merchandise sales, lower revenue from parking and concessions, and generally less relevance in the NFL and the New York area. Seems like a lot to sacrifice for someone who may never be a star.

Tanking is a conspiracy theory only fans believe in. It's not a reality in the NFL.

7ab93ba902d6b15f569f1256a0732367.jpg

7603f1a3cfd4ad3a0c47db8ddfb84d3b.gif

16 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Nobody intentionally loses games in any league. They may assemble a terrible roster devoid of much talent, but I guarantee those people on the field or on the court are trying to win the games.

Intentionally losing games will get your keister thrown in jail. See: point shaving.

No one ever argued players or coaches intentionally lose.  Tanking is front office-driven.  Why do people keep making this same inane argument that no one is actually arguing?

NBA teams knowingly tank.  NFL teams do as well.  It's not that hard to understand and accept this.  

On 12/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, SAR I said:

Sure there is.

This is what happens when a franchise no longer gives a rats ass what its spoiled, entitled, foolish fans think and do what's right for long-term success.  It is clear that the Johnson's are turning a deaf ear to moronic social media and pathetic traditional media, ignoring the fans who weren't asked to spend a dime on tickets, and focusing on front office stability.  No more revolving door for head coaches and GM's because of whiny Mets fans.  Those days are over.

SORE I

It’s the fans fault!!!

E8A8D105-4C8E-4687-8148-DBF759CBA50C.png

I don’t think the OP addressed the real issue and the excuses are ridiculous.  The bottom line is, as frustrating as it is to see this creep on the sidelines every week, just keep the guy until the end of the season because he is currently the lightning rod of all Jets fans ire.  Without him, the idiot Johnson brothers and even Douglas will feel the fans wrath even more.  Fire him at the end of the season and hire a bonafide head coach, have the #1 or #2 pick and all will be forgotten.  Let’s remember that several leaks came out of Florham Park indicating they are already doing their due diligence on a new coach.

That is very revealing.