Playing out the string.

Torus34

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Torus. My dad used to say that to all the old Jews in the neighborhood. They taught him all kind of words in Hebrew. Torus. Think it means azzhole in Hebrew. ??‍♂️

Hi!

Unfortunately, I've no experience with Hebrew. That makes your comment a tad difficult for me to understand.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

6wwaj0faavb51.thumb.jpg.3408460f281e5164ce9f1a4962f97f8b.jpg814478952_images(2).jpeg.aaab776617e4c13c5d792da6af72888a.jpeg136020329_images(1).jpeg.52bfa7bea73fee9fdbf1f8d12f466e7b.jpeg4224165652b340d087c7f1f0c43005c5-e1606094067557.thumb.jpg.aadfadd421b4523ffc3f50c095e1113d.jpg

2013363733_spot1601068644(1).jpg.12f0436c2e2b299ac2f1084882ab03e5.jpg

You can take us away from Queens and NY but you'll never be able to take the New York out of the Jets; and we'll never be called the "New Jersey" Jets. 

So just; deal with it...

nyjets-2013.png.3e0a7f401f8ef1901a1fea4e122635b3.png4a76574426941088e4a975ca91b74549.jpg.765681f98bc731da6aa032e4c3327261.jpg

Hi, 'Defense Wins Championships'!

Willie Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name?" a long time ago. It remains a valid question today. We could also ask, "What's in a team?".

Let's see. A team can move to another city. [The 'Brooklyn' Dodgers.] The owners can change. The name can change [Washington Football Team]. Over a period of time the players and the coaching staff changes. I doubt if there's anyone in the Jet's organization, top to bottom, who was there when Leon Hess, whom I worked for years ago, bought the New York Titans and renamed them. Uniforms can change. So what's in a team? What is it that we root for or hate? What actually continues through the years?

Something does, right? There's something permanent. But what is it?

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jetophile said:

Oh, playing out the string. Nevermind.

frustrated black and white GIF

there's a quote from Ed Wood he's on the payphone so you only hear his side of the conversation 

"Worst movie you ever saw, huh? Well I promise that my next one will be better." 

Jets motto JUST END THE SEASON every season 

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, in that specific scenario, I'd be in as well. But we aren't in that scenario. We are watching our #3 overall pick, supposed franchise QB completely sh*t the bed, to the point that his 35 year old backup is clearly better. 

I was really happy we finished 6-2 last season. I thought it meant something. But, as usual, it didn't. We didn't build any appreciable "winning culture" because it turns out that we don't have the right coach or the right QB in the building. I want that to change. Bottom line? Getting the number 1 pick gives us the best chance to upgrade at QB, and presumably, to attract a decent coach. 

finishing 6-2 is stat slicing. Last year the Jets were 7-9 that was their record. To say they finished 6-2 is so arbitrary and the way everyone convinced Darnold was the savior. it was weak scheduling and week 17 bills actually rested their starters 2nd half. 

Is is salvageable at this point probably not I'd still like to daydream that Gase gets fired, Morgan starts, they run a simple offense and win a few games. It's unlikely yes

but my point is none of this had to be this way and Trevor Lawrence for all his scouting wonders is about as Durable as the Darnold at this point. he's a better prospect than Sam but surrounded by studs. the Jets chose to trade all their players and dead all their cap space and wait for next year. Trev walks in to an empty cupboard, for those who believe Sam was screwed by this franchise it's the same mistake all over again 

too bad it's not madden and we can't simulate

it's still embarrassing to go winless in the modern era.  too many people are celebrating these losses too vigorously 

at some point we have to go back to the reality that losing this many games isn't good 

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

there's a quote from Ed Wood he's on the payphone so you only hear his side of the conversation 

"Worst movie you ever saw, huh? Well I promise that my next one will be better." 

Jets motto JUST END THE SEASON every season 

"Home? I have no home. Despised. Living like an animal!" -jeto on The New Dump, built 10 feet from The Old Dump

The movie 'Ed Wood' is such a spectacular movie, btw. I think the Orson Welles scene is my favorite. :)  As an aside, I'm a huge Lugosi fan. What Hollywood did to a sick old man living in chronic pain was criminal. I had a street dog who I named Bela in honor of Lugosi but mostly because he also had a Widow's Peak like yours truly. Besides, I just know if that dog could talk he would have had a Hungarian accent. Anyone who wants to argue with me about that can fight me. . . Wanna fight (takes pugilist's stance)? You can try to knock me out with one punch, but then my other dog will bite you in the ass. Let's go!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jetophile said:

"Home? I have no home. Despised. Living like an animal!" -jeto on The New Dump, built 10 feet from The Old Dump

The movie 'Ed Wood' is such a spectacular movie, btw. I think the Orson Welles scene is my favorite. :)  As an aside, I'm a huge Lugosi fan. What Hollywood did to a sick old man living in chronic pain was criminal. I had a street dog who I named Bela in honor of Lugosi but mostly because he also had a Widow's Peak like yours truly. Besides, I just know if that dog could talk he would have had a Hungarian accent. Anyone who wants to argue with me about that can fight me. . . Wanna fight (takes pugilist's stance)? You can try to knock me out with one punch, but then my other dog will bite you in the ass. Let's go!

Boris Karloff is a C-sucker

side note Max's site has a suspiciously full compliment of amazing Ed Wood Gifs

all really appropriate for Jets message board topics 

MRW watching Gase on 4th and 1

MRW when Sam Darnold missed seeing the wide open deep guy 

Confused Johnny Depp GIF

MRW when the Jets lose every game and draft Trevor Lawrence 

ed wood cinema GIF by Film Society of Lincoln Center