Pederson On Hot Seat In PHI?

KRL

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

What in the world does this have to do with the fact that Pederson won a Super Bowl and Harbaugh didn’t?  Talk about a deflection.

You guys act like Harbaugh has the DIck Kotite/Adam Gase record as a NFL Head Coach.  "Oh he only got to a Super Bowl and NFCCG"

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

the 49ers went 6-10 the season before Harbaugh got there skippy.  Alex Smith was percieved as a bust even worse than what Sam Darnold is percieved as now

Probably because *gasp* the previous coach sucked and couldn’t utilize the talent he was given, so therefore, no, the roster wasn’t awful when Harbaugh got there.

Does Jim get credit for shocking the league and going 13-3?  Sure.  Does that excuse him from choking away a Super Bowl, regressing as a coach his final year there, and being an absolute failure of a hire at Michigan, choking in every big game he’s ever been involved in?  No, not one bit.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You guys act like Harbaugh has the DIck Kotite/Adam Gase record as a NFL Head Coach.  "Oh he only got to a Super Bowl and NFCCG"

No, I’m just not going to pass on a guy with an actual ring for a coach that just lost to 0-5 Penn State and was thoroughly out coached by James Franklin.

Keep casually glancing over his last year in SF by the way.  A year where he looked like a coach who the league had figured out, ala Rex Ryan, forcing him to kick and scream his way out of his contract so he could go to Michigan.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And you act like he was a HC in the NFL yesterday and was a modern day Lombardi.  He lost a SB and was a pain in the ass who blew up what he had and had to run to Michigan.  Wheres he been unsuccessful 

It wasnt a comparison of Pederson to Harbaugh until you brought Harbaugh into it and with it  the SBs 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No, I’m just not going to pass on a guy with an actual ring for a coach that just lost to 0-5 Penn State and was thoroughly out coached by James Franklin.

Keep casually glancing over his last year in SF by the way.  A year where he looked like a coach who the league had figured out, ala Rex Ryan, forcing him to kick and scream his way out of his contract so he could go to Michigan.

Also if we get Lawrence or Fields Harbaughs QB in his 3 years at SF went just over 3100 yards each year.  Nice 1960s numbers.  Throw in hes never been able to develop a QB at Michigan.  On top of that he was a nightmare with ownership in SF, pass, hard pass

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Also if we get Lawrence or Fields Harbaughs QB in his 3 years at SF went just over 3100 yards each year.  Nice 1960s numbers.  Throw in hes never been able to develop a QB at Michigan.  On top of that he was a nightmare with ownership in SF, pass, hard pass

He's never coming here, anyway. 

Harbaugh types would want control over personnel to legitimately consider coming here. That doesn't jive with Douglas, who just got a huge six year contract and is clearly here to stay. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I find it really interesting that many here want Harbaugh because he came close to winning a Super Bowl, but will completely refuse to consider a guy who actually won one, with his back-up QB no less.  We’re not talking 20 years ago either.  We’re talking a recent championship.

Philly is struggling because Howie Roseman hasn’t drafted well and Wentz took an unprecedented nosedive.  Pederson has gotten recklessly aggressive because he is trying everything in his power to win games.  This is remarkably similar to Reid’s last year in Philly.  I’d take him in a heartbeat.

I'm a big Harbaugh guy, and I'd be more than happy with Doug Pederson if that's who JD wanted as his coach. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

You would think if PHI let's him go he'll jump to the top of Douglas list:

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-hc-doug-pederson-hasn-t-been-reassured-on-job-status

I hope not. Shortly after Frank Reich left, the Eagles started trending downhill. At the same time, the Colts started improving. I do not think this is a coincidence.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Harbaugh got into the big games with a roster that was a bottom feeder when he got there.   

I don't know if I agree with that. There was talent there(though he did miracles with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. Not a fan of Harbaugh but he deserves his credit where due).

Samurai Mike was a great, great player but one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen. Made Todd Bowles look like Chuck Noll. Just woefully mismanaged. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

I hope not. Shortly after Frank Reich left, the Eagles started trending downhill. At the same time, the Colts started improving. I do not think this is a coincidence.

The Eagles followed up their Super Bowl win by going 9-7, going to the playoffs 2, winning one game with Nick Foles because, once again, Wentz got hurt.

They won the division last year, were in the playoffs once again, and played Seattle tough, despite losing Wentz mid-game.

Frank Reich is a very good coach.  So is Doug Pederson.

• Upvote 2

Harbaugh strikes me as a coach who could take a strong team and push it over the top. But not a guy who could develop a roster from scratch. Jets are definitely not a strong team. 
Pedersen strikes me as a solid nfl “lifer”. I think that’s a good background for a new Jets coach. The JD connection is also a plus. But I don’t have “must hire” sense about him. 
When the season ends, we’ll have a much better sense of who’s out there how each might fit the Jets.

With the draft picks JD has accumulated and our cap position, I think the job will be attractive.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I find it really interesting that many here want Harbaugh because he came close to winning a Super Bowl, but will completely refuse to consider a guy who actually won one, with his back-up QB no less.  We’re not talking 20 years ago either.  We’re talking a recent championship.

Philly is struggling because Howie Roseman hasn’t drafted well and Wentz took an unprecedented nosedive.  Pederson has gotten recklessly aggressive because he is trying everything in his power to win games.  This is remarkably similar to Reid’s last year in Philly.  I’d take him in a heartbeat.

To further your point about poor drafting...the OL has been decimated by aging and injuries the last couple of years. That has ripped apart the offense and had a big part of Wentz’s decline.

But Wentz has become god awful which is truly insane. He went from a soon-to-be elite QB to one of the worst. Some of that is him, OL, lack of weapons, and maybe even a little coaching.

But, I’d take Pederson in a heartbeat. As you said this looks similiar to Reid’s exit from Philly. I remember a lot of people on this board wanted Chip Kelly over Andy Reid back then. Sometimes a new scene is needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

the 49ers went 6-10 the season before Harbaugh got there skippy.  Alex Smith was percieved as a bust even worse than what Sam Darnold is percieved as now

I don't get how you don't like a coach like Doug Pederson. In my opinion he's as good a coach as Jim Harbaugh. I think he's just saddled with a quarterback who's regressed.

• Upvote 1

I think what people are underestimating (if we actually hired Pederson) is we’d finally have synergy between Head Coach & GM.

This is all speculation, Pederson hasn’t been fired and we don’t know that Joe Douglas would even hire him. 

But you have to imagine he’d be high on the list. I am curious as to why some of you here are all for Jim Harbaugh and not Pederson? I’m for both. But one has a Lombardi against the “Goat Coach” with a backup journeyman. The other is definitely more colorful on tv. 

If you want to blame Wentz on Pederson, lest we forget Pederson is the one who had Wentz looking like an elite QB, and developed him. Sometimes injuries, and being sacked an infinite amount of times just ruins a player. Sometimes a coach just needs a new team. 

Pair this coach up with our GM who was picking the players and built the best OL in the league and see what they can do.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I'm not 100% sure how I'd feel about it - the guy wears visors for christ sake... but I do imagine he would be at the top of the list given that him and JD won a Superbowl together in Philly

So does Sean Payton. They’re god awful fake hats (See George Carlin’s take on visiors)...but something about winning comes along with them? Shrugs

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I would most certainly consider Pederson.   But I live here in the Philly area and the Wentz nose dive concerns me in that it seems to directly coincide with the Reich's departure.   i really don't follow this stuff closely enough, but this fact alone gives me pause as to whether it was Pederson's HC acumen or Reich's QB guidance which had Wentz looking all world early on.

50 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Eagles followed up their Super Bowl win by going 9-7, going to the playoffs 2, winning one game with Nick Foles because, once again, Wentz got hurt.

They won the division last year, were in the playoffs once again, and played Seattle tough, despite losing Wentz mid-game.

Frank Reich is a very good coach.  So is Doug Pederson.

Ridiculous that people are actually dismissing Pederson.  To win a SB after losing Wentz (who was having

an MVP year) with Foles can't be ignored

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1