Pederson On Hot Seat In PHI?

KRL

Pederson is:

- aggressive and has never coached scared.

- a good leader who doesn’t quit or make excuses.

- can relate to players.

- knows how to hire a good staff.

- Won a super bowl recently, with our current GM putting together that roster.

- Developed a rookie QB into a good player before Wentz fell off a cliff. Yet also get the best out of vet journeyman QB

Checks off pretty much every box.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, pajet said:

I would most certainly consider Pederson.   But I live here in the Philly area and the Wentz nose dive concerns me in that it seems to directly coincide with the Reich's departure.   i really don't follow this stuff closely enough, but this fact alone gives me pause as to whether it was Pederson's HC acumen or Reich's QB guidance which had Wentz looking all world early on.

He threw for 4,000 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, with a 60+ completion percentage last year, improving from his 2018 numbers.

Wentz was perfectly fine, even without Reich.  This year is truly unbelievable.  I can’t remember ever watching a young QB go from one of the best young talents in the game, when healthy, to utterly atrocious, in just one year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

He threw for 4,000 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, with a 60+ completion percentage last year, improving from his 2018 numbers.

Wentz was perfectly fine, even without Reich.  This year is truly unbelievable.  I can’t remember watching a young QB go from one of the best young talents in the game when healthy, to utterly atrocious.

I think he must be hurt or that Pederson installed a whole new offense due to crumbling roster and the abbreviated training camp preseason completely wrecked Wentz mentally.

I don’t know what it is, but people are acting like Wentz had 1 good fluke year. He’s been good his whole career minus this one.

• Upvote 1

Wentz was perfectly fine, even without Reich.  This year is truly unbelievable.  I can’t remember watching a young QB go from one of the best young talents in the game when healthy, to utterly atrocious.

Fair enough....just seemed like he didn't play as well even last year based on what I was hearing....Again, don't follow closely enough anymore.    I would most certainly take him as a candidate.    Saw the 4 names you mentioned earlier in the thread.   I might add the OC from Tennessee to the list.   Then let JD make the decision between them.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I find it really interesting that many here want Harbaugh because he came close to winning a Super Bowl, but will completely refuse to consider a guy who actually won one, with his back-up QB no less.  We’re not talking 20 years ago either.  We’re talking a recent championship.

Philly is struggling because Howie Roseman hasn’t drafted well and Wentz took an unprecedented nosedive.  Pederson has gotten recklessly aggressive because he is trying everything in his power to win games.  This is remarkably similar to Reid’s last year in Philly.  I’d take him in a heartbeat.

We've talked about this before, there were rumors about two coaches possibly being let go that would be immediate no brainer hires.  One foolishly was mike tomlin who we both said was an absolute throw everything at him immediately hire, and someone Woody has always dreamed of hiring actually.  

The other we both mentioned was Pederson, and I think if he's fired, he's the number one candidate to replace gase immediately. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No, I’m just not going to pass on a guy with an actual ring for a coach that just lost to 0-5 Penn State and was thoroughly out coached by James Franklin.

Keep casually glancing over his last year in SF by the way.  A year where he looked like a coach who the league had figured out, ala Rex Ryan, forcing him to kick and scream his way out of his contract so he could go to Michigan.

I dont get why everyone thinks he's the guy really, he's always been billed as extremely difficult to work with and you'd almost have to fire douglas to bring him in I would think... 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Eagles followed up their Super Bowl win by going 9-7, going to the playoffs 2, winning one game with Nick Foles because, once again, Wentz got hurt.

They won the division last year, were in the playoffs once again, and played Seattle tough, despite losing Wentz mid-game.

Frank Reich is a very good coach.  So is Doug Pederson.

Point taken.

Nonetheless, Wentz has not looked nearly as good as he did a few years ago. No doubt injuries have taken their toll, but I think there is more to it than that. I believe Reich and Wentz happened to be an excellent match and I think Reich had much to do with Wentz's excellent play. Watching Pederson this year, as the team sinks into mediocrity, underscores this to me. We will have a new QB next year and I would like to see a coach with a history of working well with QB's. Of course there are other reasons the Eagles have regressed, but this particular aspect of their regression concerns me when Pederson is mentioned as a coaching possibility. He just doesn't check enough boxes for me.

That said, the Jets should interview him if there is an opportunity, but I think there are better choices out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The Eagles followed up their Super Bowl win by going 9-7, going to the playoffs 2, winning one game with Nick Foles because, once again, Wentz got hurt.

They won the division last year, were in the playoffs once again, and played Seattle tough, despite losing Wentz mid-game.

Frank Reich is a very good coach.  So is Doug Pederson.

fun fact, Frank Reich was very interested in the Jets job before he took the colts job... But was talked out of coming here because of the culture with new coaches. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Point taken.

Nonetheless, Wentz has not looked nearly as good as he did a few years ago. No doubt injuries have taken their toll, but I think there is more to it than that. I believe Reich and Wentz happened to be an excellent match and I think Reich had much to do with Wentz's excellent play. Watching Pederson this year, as the team sinks into mediocrity, underscores this to me. We will have a new QB next year and I would like to see a coach with a history of working well with QB's. Of course there are other reasons the Eagles have regressed, but this particular aspect of their regression concerns me when Pederson is mentioned as a coaching possibility. He just doesn't check enough boxes for me.

That said, the Jets should interview him if there is an opportunity, but I think there are better choices out there.

Seems like their O line has become porous and their WR s haven’t been getting open, so that might impact Wentz.

who would you prefer they hire?

It occurred to me that maybe he's on the hotseat because the Eagles are Jetsesque and are Jeagling. The Jeagles, yep, I like it. Pederson is also Rick Mirering. I had a hard time spitting that one out. Rick Mirrrrerrr, Mih, My, Mirer Mirer on the wall, Mirrrreerrr, Oscar Mirer Weiner Hotdog, MIRERING! Goddamn it.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He should be the number 1 candidate if he were to be fired.  Maybe only second to Matt Campbell, and even that would be questionable.

With all due respect

I like Campbell, but I can't really think of any reason why he should be chosen over Pederson.

Doug's track record speaks for itself, and if he breaks free Douglas be should immediately calling him 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

We've talked about this before, there were rumors about two coaches possibly being let go that would be immediate no brainer hires.  One foolishly was mike tomlin who we both said was an absolute throw everything at him immediately hire, and someone Woody has always dreamed of hiring actually.  

The other we both mentioned was Pederson, and I think if he's fired, he's the number one candidate to replace gase immediately. 

Absolutely agree.  I don’t think it will be close if Doug gets the axe.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, King P said:

With all due respect

I like Campbell, but I can't really think of any reason why he should be chosen over Pederson.

Doug's track record speaks for itself, and if he breaks free Douglas be should immediately calling him 

Hahaha, I agree tbh.  The more I think about Pederson, the more I want him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

Point taken.

Fair enough.  I do, however, think he would be an excellent mind to bring in for a young QB.  We’ll have to see how it shakes out.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha, I agree tbh.  The more I think about Pederson, the more I want him.

Agreed. Tbh whenever we talk potential hires I never factor in Pederson because it's dependent on him being fired and that's not guarantee. If he shakes free, he easily overtakes Harbaugh as my #1 option.

Honestly, Arthur Smith is quietly jumping up to #2 on my list, I absolutely love the job that he's done with Tennessee's offense (he's way better than LaFleur IMO).

If Pederson doesn't shake free, don't be surprised if you see me campaigning hard for Smith next month, ahead of Harbaugh and Brady

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, theron said:

Its interesting to see that a proven Coach like Perderson and a proven QB in Carson Wentz has such a trouble get the Offense rollin due poor O-Line Play .

"In 2020, Wentz's completion percentage is below 59, his touchdown-to-interception ratio is 16-15, his record is 3-7-1 and his passer rating has fallen off a cliff, from 98.3 to 73.4."

Sounds Familar ?Im not saying Sam Darnold ever played as good as Wentz has but sure those numbers are telling something 

It tells me Wentz hasn’t been the same since breaking his back and Darnold is just plain bad. 

6 hours ago, British Jet said:

2017: Super Bowl
2018: An Alshon Jeffery drop away from NFC Championship game 
2019: Playoff loss to Seahawks in game they lost Wentz & McCown had to come in 

Just throwing it out there. 

And he is on the hot seat and Gase is still here.....

Makes sense to me... :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Seems like their O line has become porous and their WR s haven’t been getting open, so that might impact Wentz.

who would you prefer they hire?

I have no particular preference at this time but there are certain characteristics I would like to see... and not.

First and foremost, I want someone who is a leader of men, a quality that has been missing from our team for a long time. As a leader of men, I will trust him to hire the right coordinators and position coaches. The fiasco last year with Matt Rhule was inexcusable. Secondly, someone with a proven record developing QB's. I also want someone who will be the coach of the whole team- not just one side of the ball. And how about someone with teaching skills?

Things I do not want include another coaching retread- give me someone new. I think one of the mistakes teams often make is hiring a hot coordinator. They all don't automatically make the transition to HC. If it is a coordinator, he best have other qualities that will make for a good head coach. I also don't want another stubborn coach who tries to force players into schemes they are ill suited for.

• Upvote 1

Another recycled Head Coach!  Yay!

FFS.  No thanks.  He's a decent coach but we tried this with Gase, the Cowboys are trying it with McCarthy (who Jets fans also wanted).  Why do we need another retread?  Wentz looks just as bad as Darnold right now and that team hasn't been the same since QB coach John DeFilippo and OC Frank Reich left.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

FFS.  No thanks.  He's a decent coach but we tried this with Gase, the Cowboys are trying it with McCarthy (who Jets fans also wanted).  Why do we need another retread?  Wentz looks just as bad as Darnold right now and that team hasn't been the same since QB coach John DeFilippo and OC Frank Reich left.

You mean the same DeFillipo that flopped in Minnesota and Jacksonville? That DeFillipo?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I find it really interesting that many here want Harbaugh because he came close to winning a Super Bowl, but will completely refuse to consider a guy who actually won one, with his back-up QB no less.  We’re not talking 20 years ago either.  We’re talking a recent championship.
Philly is struggling because Howie Roseman hasn’t drafted well and Wentz took an unprecedented nosedive.  Pederson has gotten recklessly aggressive because he is trying everything in his power to win games.  This is remarkably similar to Reid’s last year in Philly.  I’d take him in a heartbeat.

One can want Pederson or Harbaugh. For all the mock drafts and BS that people like myself spend time obsessing over, I have a hard time seeing FAs come to a Jets team coming off an, at best, 1-15 season to play for a 1st time HC who was a coordinator. I also think the “Trevor won’t okay for the Jets” BS will die down of the Jets have an established name at the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't get how you don't like a coach like Doug Pederson. In my opinion he's as good a coach as Jim Harbaugh. I think he's just saddled with a quarterback who's regressed.

I never said I disliked him I just prefer Harbaugh 

And it’s more likely Harbaugh is available this offseason 

The Eagles are a smart organization. If they move on from Doug Pederson there must be something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

The personnel on the Eagles is terrible, but I also think the league has caught up to Pederson and he hasn’t done a good job of adjusting. 

2 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The Eagles are a smart organization. If they move on from Doug Pederson there must be something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

The personnel on the Eagles is terrible, but I also think the league has caught up to Pederson and he hasn’t done a good job of adjusting. 

The eagles aren’t firing Pederson 

At least not yet

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't get how you don't like a coach like Doug Pederson. In my opinion he's as good a coach as Jim Harbaugh. I think he's just saddled with a quarterback who's regressed.

Pederson is overly pass reliant. In a stubborn way. His play calling script is often poorly sequenced. One play does not set up another.

He will baffle you in terms of how often he goes for 4th down. I get that the new analytics so that going for it is a new benefit. He relies on it to often and puts his team in bad spots.

He goes for 2 points too often. The math does not often add up.

Watch the very end of the OT game against the Bengals. His end game decisions were awful.

You know why Wentz regressed? Because Reich left. Since Reich has left, Philly has been receding.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Other side of the coin....what have those two accomplished since leaving Pederson?

• Upvote 1