Alex Lewis benched after argument with Gase ... Gase told Lewis “Get the f*** out”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

OMG, a player and a head coach had an argument that ended in discipline.  Stop the presses!  Start the outrage machine!  

You Mets fans are so gullible.  

SAR I

Leave the Mets out of this skippy. They have a real owner now and have a real shot at turning things around fast there, unlike this nightmare in NJ.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So no real argument which means you now realize your original post was garbage. Gotcha. 

I think you misunderstood part of my original post and just seem hostile and bizarre. I’m not sure why you are so confrontational and bothered by my post which was mostly joking. Was it the fart joke? I didn’t realize that would be so traumatizing to you.

Or the fact that I said the team is ok with being 0-11? I mean, you don’t hear much about locker room drama or losing a locker room so I take it that as they accept the current situation and don’t really care at this point. So I’m not sure what your point is but whatever man. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think you misunderstood part of my original post and just seem hostile and bizarre. I’m not sure why you are so confrontational and bothered by my post which was mostly joking. Was it the fart joke? I didn’t realize that would be so traumatizing to you.

Or the fact that I said the team is ok with being 0-11? I mean, you don’t hear much about locker room drama or losing a locker room so I take it that as they accept the current situation and don’t really care at this point. So I’m not sure what your point is but whatever man. 

You want the players to come out and whine like you after every loss? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You want the players to come out and whine like you after every loss? 

How the hell are you getting that from what I said? I think this is the root of your confusion. Also, I never whine after a loss because I’m thrilled the Jets are tanking. I’m not sure what your problem is man but f*ck off. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Leave the Mets out of this skippy. They have a real owner now and have a real shot at turning things around fast there, unlike this nightmare in NJ.

'Nightmare in NJ', hmmm has a horror flick feel.

***Spolier***

The murders happen off of Patterson Plank Road in a $1.6 billion dollar morgue.

I had a boss who told me to get the **** out every week until he made me a full partner in the business.  Gase will either get fired or he won't.  This stuff is meaningless drivel in the grand scheme of what the incompetent owner and his brother will due regarding the HC.

If Gase was winning and told players to get the F out nobody would care.  The team is a dumpster fire on several levels.  Gase is either perceived as part of the problem or part of the solution by ownership that is running a team that hasn't won a game all year.  Gase got fired in Miami for telling his boss to essentially get the F out.  It's not really clear if he would have been fired if he wasn't insubordinate with Ross.

Telling a player to get the F out isn't getting him fired.  Telling the Johnsons boys to get the F out might get him fired.  It would also make his firing bitter sweet.  Sweet because he's been awful, bitter because he was spot on about Mac and the Johnsons.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I had a boss who told me to get the **** out every week until he made me a full partner in the business.  Gase will either get fired or he won't.  This stuff is meaningless drivel in the grand scheme of what the incompetent owner and his brother will due regarding the HC.

If Gase was winning and told players to get the F out nobody would care.  The team is a dumpster fire on several levels.  Gase is either perceived as part of the problem or part of the solution by ownership that is running a team that hasn't won a game all year.  Gase got fired in Miami for telling his boss to essentially get the F out.  It's not really clear if he would have been fired if he wasn't insubordinate with Ross.

Telling a player to get the F out isn't getting him fired.  Telling the Johnsons boys to get the F out might get him fired.  It would also make his firing bitter sweet.  Sweet because he's been awful, bitter because he was spot on about Mac and the Johnsons.  

*Biggs to Gase: "You suck!" "Get the fck out!" "You first."

*Source: Fly on the wall.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This locker room seems pretty content with 0-11. Maybe Lewis farted in Gase’s office and he told him to “Get the f*ck out”. I would totally understand and actually support Gase it this happened. 

*Here's the plot twist. If there was a dog in that office and Lewis farted, dog jumps and double paws that door shut, smiles like only a dog can, and gestures with his head, "Have a seat." 

*Source: Fly on the wall.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Remember when Gase burned down the Miami franchise?  Argued with his players who all hated his guts?  Was belligerent with Miami's owner to the point where the guy fired Gase?  

Yeah, we hired him.

Remember when Gase took the dysfunctional Miami Dolphins to the playoffs?  Got along with all his players enroute to a 10 win season?  And in New York when everyone thought the Jets were dead after half the team was on IR and he finished 6-2?  Remember when every single coordinator and position coach stayed with the team and no one wanted to leave?

Yeah, we hired him. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Can anyone remember a story about a player taking a swing at a coach? I can't remember off the top of my head (except for Sprewell, but that was technically a choke)

Technically a choke, lol. Not Jets, but Warren Sapp immediately comes to mind for spitting at HC Mike Sherman and threatening to kick the crap out of him. Thugturd Sapp celebrated while Chad Morton was motionless on the turf and Sherman called him a garbage person right after the game. Sapp had to be physically restrained. 

I remember when Zach Thomas did that to Laveranues Coles. Coles was unconscious face down after Thomas hit him, not moving, and Thomas pointed at him and laughed. What a POS. How that story ended was that Zach Thomas got fined and then threw a pathetic crybaby fit and appealed. He lost. I laughed.

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember when Gase took the dysfunctional Miami Dolphins to the playoffs?  Got along with all his players enroute to a 10 win season?  And in New York when everyone thought the Jets were dead after half the team was on IR and he finished 6-2?  Remember when every single coordinator and position coach stayed with the team and no one wanted to leave?

Yeah, we hired him. 

SAR I

Remember when Todd Bowles won 10 games his first season with the Jets, too? Wasn't he great?!  How about Rich Kotite?  Below is his career HC record:

image.png.88612de034c2c8d3f33a6c67823b05b5.png

fwiw Alex Lewis is/was one of the few players on the roster who appeared to give a damn

it's interesting to me that this incident has not been diagnosed as "Jamal Adams" syndrome or Kelechi Osemele part II 

it's probably only a matter of time right before we all agree Alex Lewis is a terrible person, right

gee i wonder what it is that could be different about these players and our reactions to them turning on the team

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop 

the world may never know 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Remember when Todd Bowles won 10 games his first season with the Jets, too? Wasn't he great?!  How about Rich Kotite?  Below is his career HC record:

Bowles got 4 seasons as Jets head coach.  Gase hasn't even been here for 2, and he's only had 1 draft and 1 FA period with a GM that isn't a blithering idiot.

Kotite had a friggin' Jets all star team in 1996, he deserved to be fired for going 1-15 with this much talent at his disposal:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

I wish you luck finding even 2 current Jets of that caliber.  No Jets coach has ever had a roster this bad.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Bowles got 4 seasons as Jets head coach.  Gase hasn't even been here for 2, and he's only had 1 draft and 1 FA period with a GM that isn't a blithering idiot.

Kotite had a friggin' Jets all star team in 1996, he deserved to be fired for going 1-15 with this much talent at his disposal:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

I wish you luck finding even 3 current Jets of that caliber.  No Jets coach has ever had a roster this bad.

SAR I

Becton, Quinnen, Mims

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

I wish you luck finding even 2 current Jets of that caliber.  No Jets coach has ever had a roster this bad.

SAR I

Nothing better than an argument about whether Gase is as horrible, slightly more horrible or slightly less horrible than Kotite. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's true, but I try not to say it out loud. 

If Mets fans are going to throw their insecurities in our faces its our duty to throw our confidence in theirs. 

Mets fans only know how to whine, Yankees fans know only how to win.  It's the fundamental divide between Jets fans and how we behave during tough times like this.  Mets fans can't see the big picture.  They are all lost in their feels.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Becton, Quinnen, Mims

I pray you are right.  It's a little early to declare Mims the next Chrebet or Keyshawn.  He's got a whopping 17 catches.

The point is, Kotite deserved to be fired because he had a talented roster.  And Bowles deserved to be fired because he had 4 years which is more than enough time to get a playoff berth.  Gase has the worst roster in team history.  He's the one Jets head coach you're supposed to feel bad for and support.  The Jets aren't a head coach away from winning.  We are 50 players away from winning.  We need a hardass disciplinarian like Gase to evaluate the roster, blow it up, and motivate what remains to giving a strong effort.  He's doing just that.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I pray you are right.  It's a little early to declare Mims the next Chrebet or Keyshawn.  He's got a whopping 17 catches.

The point is, Kotite deserved to be fired because he had a talented roster.  And Bowles deserved to be fired because he had 4 years which is more than enough time to get a playoff berth.  Gase has the worst roster in team history.  He's the one Jets head coach you're supposed to feel bad for and support.  The Jets aren't a head coach away from winning.  We are 50 players away from winning.  We need a hardass disciplinarian like Gase to evaluate the roster, blow it up, and motivate what remains to giving a strong effort.  He's doing just that.

SAR I

Chrebet was a rookie that year.  Mims is playing just fine.  

With Trevor, we'll be in the playoffs either next year or 2 and I bet you'll be surprised at the progress of some of the players on the roster that Gasehole has right now.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Nothing better than an argument about whether Gase is as horrible, slightly more horrible or slightly less horrible than Kotite. 

We are comparing rosters, not head coaches.  Rich Kotite sucked with a good Jets roster.  Adam Gase has not been afforded that luxury having inherited the worst Jets talent pool in team history, one that's constantly injured making things far worse.

And just as a friendly reminder:  

The experts had the Jets at 5-11 back in June.  We would have won the Denver and New England games if our defense held on for a whopping 60 seconds, and we'd have won the Miami game if Darnold would have just a single decent game in him.  With a few bounces we're tracking to the same damn 5 win season everyone expected despite the trades, releases, opt-outs, injuries, and QB bust.  Gase isn't the problem.

SAR I

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Chrebet was a rookie that year.  Mims is playing just fine.  

With Trevor, we'll be in the playoffs either next year or 2 and I bet you'll be surprised at the progress of some of the players on the roster that Gasehole has right now.

I can't wait to see Gase with Lawrence, a quarterback that I'm told is perfect for the system Gase runs.

And those players from this season that survive and make the cut will have been vetted by Gase and play just as hard in the future as they are right now.  They'll be battle-tested, will have seen the tough times, will be man enough to change our course.

Whether we go 6-10 or 0-16, doesn't matter, both non-playoff campaigns.  What matters is next season and Douglas' ability to draft well and sign the right free agents.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Mets fans are going to throw their insecurities in our faces its our duty to throw our confidence in theirs. 

Mets fans only know how to whine, Yankees fans know only how to win.  It's the fundamental divide between Jets fans and how we behave during tough times like this.  Mets fans can't see the big picture.  They are all lost in their feels.

SAR I

Enjoy this BS while you can.  You know full well that the Mets now have a rich owner (the richest in the sport) who is willing to spend.

You act like it's the confidence of the fans that make the team a success.  If so, then why are we facing 0-16, despite your claim that the Jet Fan Advisory Board are such big fans of Gasehole?  And how did the Patriots dig themselves out of oblivion 20 years ago when their fans were every bit as gloomy as Jet fans are now?