Alex Lewis benched after argument with Gase ... Gase told Lewis “Get the f*** out”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Remember when Gase took the dysfunctional Miami Dolphins to the playoffs?  Got along with all his players enroute to a 10 win season?  And in New York when everyone thought the Jets were dead after half the team was on IR and he finished 6-2?  Remember when every single coordinator and position coach stayed with the team and no one wanted to leave?

Yeah, we hired him. 

SAR I

They had a top 5 defense Sar. That's why they we're a playoff team. Stop lying to yourself. As i, maybe should do the same with regards to Darnold

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Enjoy this BS while you can.  You know full well that the Mets now have a rich owner (the richest in the sport) who is willing to spend.

I must be missing something.

The Mets are always in the Top 10 of spending, last year you had the 5th highest payroll.

You're bringing back Sandy Alderson.  You're bringing back Luis Rojas.

A richer Mets owner changes what?  MLB is filled with rich owners, all of professional sport is filled with rich owners in huge media markets.  If money and market share were what mattered, good lord, my Rangers would be putting a 20th Stanley Cup Champions hat on my head and my Yankees would be gunning for their 87th World Series crown.

I see a retread Mets GM and a retread Mets manager.  So far your rich new owner looks just like the last one.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Vegas had the O/U for Jet wins at 6.5 going into this season.  There's a very real chance that Gasehole is going to underachieve by 6.5.

That's a line set by Vegas, it's what it takes to get people to bet on both sides, you know how that works.

Go back to June, look at what the NFL experts were predicting, the consensus was 5-11.  Some higher, some lower.

Despite everything that's happened this season, from the opt-outs to the releases to the trades to the injuries, the Jets would have those 5 wins everyone predicted if Sam Darnold simply played like a mediocre NFL quarterback.  That's what this season is actually about.  

Typical Mets fan logic.  Mike Piazza, Rusty Staub, Chad Pennington, and Sam Darnold were all cute, cuddly, likeable losers who sucked for years and led the Mets and Jets to ruin.  But, no, because you like their faces and their demeanors, you hang their posters in your bedroom and give them a pass.  But because Adam Gase is ornery and has an eye condition, he's not cuddly, he's not likeable, he's the problem.  Unreal.

SAR I

14 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Gase knows he's done and we could be in for other stories from "inside the building" before this is over. Gase seems like an impulsive individual. I actually think that if he was older, and not interested in another job in the NFL, he would pull a Lou Holtz and quit. Either way, it should be interesting.

JETS baby.

Completely agree about him seemingly completely impulsive. It seemed that way when I would see the clips of the way he would battle with the Mia media and seemingly couldnt handle any criticism he was rightfully getting. This week when he blatantly lied about not calling the plays was just an absolutely stupid move. I was watching that game and was able to see that he was CLEARLY calling plays while the hobbit sat on a bench by himself with no play sheets in his hand. You have to be a f*cking moron not to think that the media, who is no friend of yours, is going to be able to call you out on that blatant lie. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's a line set by Vegas, it's what it takes to get people to bet on both sides, you know how that works.

Go back to June, look at what the NFL experts were predicting, the consensus was 5-11.  Some higher, some lower.

Despite everything that's happened this season, from the opt-outs to the releases to the trades to the injuries, the Jets would have those 5 wins everyone predicted if Sam Darnold simply played like a mediocre NFL quarterback.  That's what this season is actually about.  

Typical Mets fan logic.  Mike Piazza, Rusty Staub, Chad Pennington, and Sam Darnold were all cute, cuddly, likeable losers who sucked for years and led the Mets and Jets to ruin.  But, no, because you like their faces and their demeanors, you hang their posters in your bedroom and give them a pass.  But because Adam Gase is ornery and has an eye condition, he's not cuddly, he's not likeable, he's the problem.  Unreal.

SAR I

And because he's the worst HC in the NFL (and one of the worst the league has seen in a long time).

Even if you want to "move the goalposts" and say 5-11 should've been the number, Gase is likely going to underachieve by 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I must be missing something.

The Mets are always in the Top 10 of spending, last year you had the 5th highest payroll.

You're bringing back Sandy Alderson.  You're bringing back Luis Rojas.

A richer Mets owner changes what?  MLB is filled with rich owners, all of professional sport is filled with rich owners in huge media markets.  If money and market share were what mattered, good lord, my Rangers would be putting a 20th Stanley Cup Champions hat on my head and my Yankees would be gunning for their 87th World Series crown.

I see a retread Mets GM and a retread Mets manager.  So far your rich new owner looks just like the last one.

SAR I

Again, enjoy this line of rationale while you still can.  You know full well the Mets are on their way up.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If Mets fans are going to throw their insecurities in our faces its our duty to throw our confidence in theirs. 

Mets fans only know how to whine, Yankees fans know only how to win.  It's the fundamental divide between Jets fans and how we behave during tough times like this.  Mets fans can't see the big picture.  They are all lost in their feels.

SAR I

I know how to win, but it isn't from watching the Yankees.  The Yankees only let me know how to watch a team that wins.  Truthfully, I usually root for the Mets unless I am living in NY.  When I am in NY there will always be some idiot to tell me that Rey Ordonez is better than Jeter because "that glove" which makes me root for them to lose.  As long as I am not faced with people disparaging the Yankees, I am fine with the Mets and their fans.  My Mommy is one and I will always appreciate 1986 because I truly do root against the Red Sox..  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Remember when Gase took the dysfunctional Miami Dolphins to the playoffs?  Got along with all his players enroute to a 10 win season?  And in New York when everyone thought the Jets were dead after half the team was on IR and he finished 6-2?  Remember when every single coordinator and position coach stayed with the team and no one wanted to leave?

Yeah, we hired him. 

SAR I

SAR, as much as you dig Gase, even you must admit he left Miami as a raging dumpster fire.  Not saying we were any better at the end of Rex and Bowles' tenure.  But Gase can't just skate away from that responsibility.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, varjet said:

Lewis was actually one of the players that spoke up supporting Gase.

I think Lewis is also a bit of a hot head.

Good for him.  

Don't think I would screw with Lewis.  I seem to remember hearing that he beat a guy to within an inch of his life in a bar fight.  The guy may have a bit of a temper problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And because he's the worst HC in the NFL (and one of the worst the league has seen in a long time).

Gase is not judged by W's and L's in a season where we tore our roster down to the foundation.  He is judged by effort and culture and he gets high marks for both.

Even if you want to "move the goalposts" and say 5-11 should've been the number, Gase is likely going to underachieve by 5.

See above.  This franchise decided to sell off every healthy playmaker and not rush back every injured playmaker and that was the end of the competitive part of our season.  Since then its been Darnold busting, Darnold injured, Flacco sucking, and on and on...

SAR I

Again, enjoy this line of rationale while you still can.  You know full well the Mets are on their way up.  

First, I don't care about the Mets at all, so this concept of "enjoying" anything about them doesn't exist.  Same for Jets fans who think that Patriots fans care about them.  You wish that Yankees fans cared about the Mets.  Win something, then perhaps maybe we will.

Second, how are the Mets "on the way up"?  Same GM.  Same Manager.  Same injured outfielder.  Same injured second baseman.  Your new owner seems to like things the way they are.

SAR I

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

SAR, as much as you dig Gase, even you must admit he left Miami as a raging dumpster fire.  Not saying we were any better at the end of Rex and Bowles' tenure.  But Gase can't just skate away from that responsibility.

I don't dig Gase.  I just don't think a coaching change will make any difference until we are really ready to win and that's not until 2022.  I don't want Herm Edwards 2.0.  I don't want Todd Bowles 2.0.  That's all we can get with a roster this bad.  Better to be patient with Gase and try to upgrade at HC when we can actually attract an upgrade.

Miami is one of a handful of teams more dysfunctional than the Jets so any head coach who leaves Miami leaves behind a mess, it's who they are.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Your boneheaded defense of Gase is amusing and I don't mind it at all. But defending the Wilpons! That is too much.

The Wilpons had been robbing from Peter to pay Paul since their Madoff investment fiasco. They spent on some players but they were unwilling to invest in the infrastructure it takes to create a pipeline of players.  Alderson now has the infrastructure budget he always wanted and the Mets, with a decent but flawed roster, are the only team heading into next season in a position to spend. Their owner did not have to suffer the financial losses of the Covid season. Plus, he is wealthier than the three next richest owners COMBINED. Finally, he is not a meddler like the Wilpons who had their hand in on every boneheaded signing and trade.

In reality, the Mets are positioning themselves to become Dodgers East. That is the model for their spending from this point forward.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First, I don't care about the Mets at all, so this concept of "enjoying" anything about them doesn't exist.  Same for Jets fans who think that Patriots fans care about them.  You wish that Yankees fans cared about the Mets.  Win something, then perhaps maybe we will.

Second, how are the Mets "on the way up"?  Same GM.  Same Manager.  Same injured outfielder.  Same injured second baseman.  Your new owner seems to like things the way they are.

SAR I

You talk about the Mets on here more than most Met fans do.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't dig Gase.  I just don't think a coaching change will make any difference until we are really ready to win and that's not until 2022.  I don't want Herm Edwards 2.0.  I don't want Todd Bowles 2.0.  That's all we can get with a roster this bad.  Better to be patient with Gase and try to upgrade at HC when we can actually attract an upgrade.

Miami is one of a handful of teams more dysfunctional than the Jets so any head coach who leaves Miami leaves behind a mess, it's who they are.

SAR I

Did getting Bill Parcells to coach a Jet team coming off of a 1-15 record "make a difference"?

And do you think we won't be able to get a good coach in here if we're in position to draft a guy being compared to John Elway?

And Miami is not "more dysfunctional than the Jets".  They're in excellent position right now.  After they fired Gase, they hired a very good (potentially great) young HC in Brian Flores. 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase is not judged by W's and L's in a season where we tore our roster down to the foundation.  He is judged by effort and culture and he gets high marks for both.

See above.  This franchise decided to sell off every healthy playmaker and not rush back every injured playmaker and that was the end of the competitive part of our season.  Since then its been Darnold busting, Darnold injured, Flacco sucking, and on and on...

SAR I

How did we tear our roster down to the foundation?  And how did we "sell off every healthy playmaker?"   We traded away Jamal but what else? 

As for Darnold "busting", Adam Gase was brought here to develop him.  So how can you not count that as a massive failure on Gase's part?

Gase is judged by effort and culture?  You predicted we were going to win the AFC East this year.  

54 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How did we tear our roster down to the foundation?  And how did we "sell off every healthy playmaker?"   We traded away Jamal but what else? 

As for Darnold "busting", Adam Gase was brought here to develop him.  So how can you not count that as a massive failure on Gase's part?

Gase is judged by effort and culture?  You predicted we were going to win the AFC East this year.  

I'll take this one step further (before SAR responds) : and if Gase is such a QB "guru" and has the power in the organization SAR claims he has, why didn't he know Darnold sucked after his first season with him and have JD get him another franchise QB?

Wait: I know SAR's answer: it is all part of the master plan to throw the 2020 season and get the top pick.  Gase didn't have to worry because he knows his job is safe for the long haul.

Yeah, right. GTFO lol.

• Haha 1

“The Tuna” upset more than one player during his coaching career. But his most infamous squabble was with backup quarterback Jeff Hostetler when both men were part of the New York Giants organization. Hostetler was openly angry with Parcells for telling him he would play, then sitting him on the bench the entire game while watching Phil Simms take all the snaps. Their feuding went on for seven seasons until Simms was injured and Hostetler finally got his chance. The Giants ended up winning Super Bowl XXV with Hostetler at the helm.

In the 1989 playoffs, Parcells hit star linebacker and fellow Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor in the heart to motivate him. He left an airline ticket to New Orleans on Taylor’s locker room stool before a playoff game with the Rams.

Parcells once dumped a trash can on a player in the locker room.

There were run-ins with quarterback Phil Simms on the sideline during games. Simms would stand his ground ... briefly. Parcells would trump him and yell louder. Neither seemed to care if the TV cameras were watching.

“I remember a couple of times Simms walking away with his tail between his legs,” former Giants defensive back Mark Collins said. “One time in Dallas, Phil audibled out of a play and Parcells barked at him when it didn’t work. Simms barked back. Bill got even louder. Phil backed down.”

Meh  Alex Lewis sucks almost as bad as Gase.  Who cares.  Pat Elflein replaced him with like 3 days on team and played better then Lewis has played all season.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pretty sure that song is about alcoholism.

Al = Alcoholic

Betty = Betty Ford

It is, which leads me to say who their right mind would pay $100K for something they could get for free in a Church basement. Not Science; and it's the biggest insurance scam/fraud ever perpetuated.

I only said it because of the bodyguard part, lol.

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Your boneheaded defense of Gase is amusing and I don't mind it at all. But defending the Wilpons! That is too much.

The Wilpons had been robbing from Peter to pay Paul since their Madoff investment fiasco. They spent on some players but they were unwilling to invest in the infrastructure it takes to create a pipeline of players.  Alderson now has the infrastructure budget he always wanted and the Mets, with a decent but flawed roster, are the only team heading into next season in a position to spend. Their owner did not have to suffer the financial losses of the Covid season. Plus, he is wealthier than the three next richest owners COMBINED. Finally, he is not a meddler like the Wilpons who had their hand in on every boneheaded signing and trade.

In reality, the Mets are positioning themselves to become Dodgers East. That is the model for their spending from this point forward.

The Mets are always Top 10 in payroll.  The Mets were Top 5 last year.  It's not about money.  That's the easy part.  It's about culture, it's about philosophy, it's about minor league development.  That takes years, decades, in fact.

Mets fans are too used to get rich quick schemes, it's what taints your view of the Jets, makes you so foolishly entitled, makes you so foolishly impatient.

SAR I

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You talk about the Mets on here more than most Met fans do.

Because Mets/Jets fans are miserable and unrealistic and Yankees/Jets fans aren't.  I wish you were all Yankees fans, would make JN life much easier.  This self-hating woe-is-me sad-sack-Eeyore thing is tiring, the Joe Beningo school of self-loathing just has to go.

SAR I

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

“The Tuna” upset more than one player during his coaching career. But his most infamous squabble was with backup quarterback Jeff Hostetler when both men were part of the New York Giants organization. Hostetler was openly angry with Parcells for telling him he would play, then sitting him on the bench the entire game while watching Phil Simms take all the snaps. Their feuding went on for seven seasons until Simms was injured and Hostetler finally got his chance. The Giants ended up winning Super Bowl XXV with Hostetler at the helm.

In the 1989 playoffs, Parcells hit star linebacker and fellow Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor in the heart to motivate him. He left an airline ticket to New Orleans on Taylor’s locker room stool before a playoff game with the Rams.

Parcells once dumped a trash can on a player in the locker room.

There were run-ins with quarterback Phil Simms on the sideline during games. Simms would stand his ground ... briefly. Parcells would trump him and yell louder. Neither seemed to care if the TV cameras were watching.

“I remember a couple of times Simms walking away with his tail between his legs,” former Giants defensive back Mark Collins said. “One time in Dallas, Phil audibled out of a play and Parcells barked at him when it didn’t work. Simms barked back. Bill got even louder. Phil backed down.”

Meh  Alex Lewis sucks almost as bad as Gase.  Who cares.  Pat Elflein replaced him with like 3 days on team and played better then Lewis has played all season.

Ummmmm I know that we are not out here trying to compare Adams Gase to Bill Parcells are we!! Literally the worst HC in the NFL right now!

Wow!!

Good Grief!!!

• Upvote 1

Did getting Bill Parcells to coach a Jet team coming off of a 1-15 record "make a difference"?

Sure it did.  But he inherited a stacked roster that Gase does not enjoy.

And do you think we won't be able to get a good coach in here if we're in position to draft a guy being compared to John Elway?

That didn't help us when we drafted Sam Darnold and he had a good rookie season, did it?  It's not 1985 anymore.  Great coaches care about ownership patience, media objectivity, and fan decency more than just winning games.  If we don't let the Johnsons course-correct and start acting the right way we'll never get off of this hamster wheel.

There is no quick fix, Mets fans.  A coaching change doesn't do anything positive.  That's years away.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm I know that we are not out here trying to compare Adams Gase to Bill Parcells are we!! Literally the worst HC in the NFL right now!

Wow!!

Good Grief!!!

WOW

where in there did I compare Bill Parcells and Gase's coaching skills?

People are acting like this is a horrible thing that can't be forgiven.  LOL  Adam Gase sucks as a HC, but benching a guy for  causing a distrubence in the locker room isn't a big deal.  Happens  all the time.

Not to mention that the player who was benched sucks and deserves to be benched.

Lots of reason to squark at Gase, really no sense in making things up like this and the bad mouthing Darnold BS.  

If ya just want to hate non stop on the guy, OK, have at it

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure it did.  But he inherited a stacked roster that Gase does not enjoy.

That didn't help us when we drafted Sam Darnold and he had a good rookie season, did it?  It's not 1985 anymore.  Great coaches care about ownership patience, media objectivity, and fan decency more than just winning games.  If we don't let the Johnsons course-correct and start acting the right way we'll never get off of this hamster wheel.

There is no quick fix, Mets fans.  A coaching change doesn't do anything positive.  That's years away.

SAR I

Nobody other than the most delusional person would say the 1996 Jet roster was "stacked".  I mean, yes, there was some talent on that roster but "stacked" is delusional.

As far as your 2nd paragraph, you love Adam Gase so your 1st sentence makes no sense.  To the rest of us, CJ is an incompetent buffoon.  

As far as "ownership patience", though, CJ gave Todd Bowles 4 years (and WJ gave Rex 6 years before him).  Also, below is an article from May 2020 showing the longest tenured HC's in the league.  16 HCs (half the league) were hired in 2018 or later.

As far as "A coaching change doesn't do anything positive", that's more delusional talk.  In today's NFL you can turn things around in 1-2 years.  Though for quite a while now you could turn around from 1-3 wins one year to 9 wins the next.  Of course, we're probably going to get 0 wins due to our awful HC.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-head-coaches-in-the-nfl

image.png.45004bb7099c63521e37e5bb3524bdbc.png

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because Mets/Jets fans are miserable and unrealistic and Yankees/Jets fans aren't.  I wish you were all Yankees fans, would make JN life much easier.  This self-hating woe-is-me sad-sack-Eeyore thing is tiring, the Joe Beningo school of self-loathing just has to go.

SAR I

If 0-16 doesnt may you an eeyore then something is wrong with you. Like your singing zippy doo dah from your ahole or something.

• Upvote 1