Gase Bad mouthing Darnold...

If this is true the sooner this organization fires him the better. I know many want him to finish the 0-16 season including myself  but he needs to go and hopefully he doesn't do any more harm to our young promising players on the roster on the field or in the locker room this is a toxic environment. 

This week its Alex Lewis in a verbal altercation, who's next. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, #90 said:

I just heard the very tail end of Craig Carton on WFAN saying Gase was bad mouthing Darnold today at his press conference. Can someone share the details?

What did he say Gase said about Darnold?  I watched the interview, he was more complementary than anything siting a few plays he hit and couple of really nice throws he hit.  The only critique he gave was that he has to take profit; if there is a shot down field, take it.  If there is not, dump it off and take a profit.  He said he missed some plays but he definitely did not bad mouth him one bit, he went out of his way to say that he's showing confidence and trying to get better every day.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I was in the car before and turned on WFAN.  They were about to talk about the situation and then Evan cut off Carton to announce "breaking news!"  I thought it was going to be Gase got fired but it was some nonsense about some former POTUS (maybe Roosevelt?) intending to declare the turkey the "national bird" was a false story.  My gawd do I hate that show!

After that however, they very briefly talked about how Gase was non-commital when asked if Darnold was going to be a good QB.  It was something like that.  Apparently he said "I don't know".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #90 said:

I just heard the very tail end of Craig Carton on WFAN saying Gase was bad mouthing Darnold today at his press conference. Can someone share the details?

If it's true, this is something very small people do. People of low character. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was in the car before and turned on WFAN.  They were about to talk about the situation and then Evan cut off Carton to announce "breaking news!"  I thought it was going to be Gase got fired but it was some nonsense about some former POTUS (maybe Roosevelt?) intending to declare the turkey the "national bird" was a false story.  My gawd do I hate that show!

After that however, they very briefly talked about how Gase was non-commital when asked if Darnold was going to be a good QB.  It was something like that.  Apparently he said "I don't know".

THAT is a failure on Gase's part. Offensive genius my a$$. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

What did he say Gase said about Darnold?  I watched the interview, he was more complementary than anything siting a few plays he hit and couple of really nice throws he hit.  The only critique he gave was that he has to take profit; if there is a shot down field, take it.  If there is not, dump it off and take a profit.  He said he missed some plays but he definitely did not bad mouth him one bit, he went out of his way to say that he's showing confidence and trying to get better every day.

Wow fake News

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ask Darnold if he thinks Gase will be a good head coach...I bet he already knows the answer.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Haven't watched today's press conference yet and I don't trust Carton at all because he is Carton, but that is the exact type of thing that could get Gase out of here before the end of the year. 

One thing Ive learned over the years, people listen and hear what they want.  All too often people run to post something they think they heard someone said and rarely is it was was said 

Gase never said this today and I dobt it was reported about todays presser.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well none of this was discussed in the presser.  So thats wrong also.

WFAN is losing it. if thats what you herd.  Have no idea what 90 heard or Carton heard 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well none of this was discussed in the presser.  So thats wrong also.

WFAN is losing it. if thats what you herd.  Have no idea what 90 heard or Carton heard 

You can listen to the replay right now.  Carton and Roberts at: 4:26PM (and 17 seconds)

"Does it make you feel any better that Adam Gase came out today, I guess this morning, when asked about Sam Darnold..."  (Evan Breaking News: "the story about Benjamin Franklin wanting the national bird to be a turkey is a myth").

That followed by 4:27PM (and 32 seconds).  Exact quote from Carton:

"Adam Gase said he had no idea essentially if Sam Darnold is going to be a good QB or not.  That's after being his HC for a couple of years now, being a QB guru, and seeing him practice every day for 2 1/2 years.  But he has no idea if he's going to be a good QB or not.  And he said 'if I knew that I'd play the lottery tonight'". 

I assume the lottery comment was Craig's embellishment.