Wednesday Afternoon Football Thread Steelers/Ravens

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hate you so much.  Really miss living in the Bay Area.  Our good friends lived in Petaluma.  Would go there for fireworks on the Fourth.  They'd always show us Winona Rider's childhood home.   Enjoy it out there, man.

Is it in Winchestertonfieldville, by chance?

ScreenShot1624.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hate you so much.  Really miss living in the Bay Area.  Our good friends lived in Petaluma.  Would go there for fireworks on the Fourth.  They'd always show us Winona Rider's childhood home.   Enjoy it out there, man.

Fire season has been a nightmare for 3 yrs. Our lil locale is safe. But we do get alotta smoke and ash and power outages.

Defo what I am used to afetr growing up on Long Island...the going to Uni and living in Buffalo, NY....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Fire season has been a nightmare for 3 yrs. Our lil locale is safe. But we do get alotta smoke and ash and power outages.

Defo what I am used to afetr growing up on Long Island...the going to Uni and living in Buffalo, NY....

Glad you and your town are safe from those insane fires.   I think of you folks every time there is a major fire.  I still feel a connection to Marin (actually wish we had never moved back East).

Every year, after the rains, you know the hills in Marin turn from lush verdant green to that beautiful gold.  I had a few jobs at Skywalker Ranch which was an idyllic location but right in the middle of all that dried landscape.  It would drive me insane when you'd see some dope on 101 throwing a cigarette out of a car not knowing or caring that it might cause 5K acres to go up in flames.  

Wishing you the best for staying safe and out of fire's way.

• Upvote 1

The Ravens have like 16 guys out today with COVID yet are competing with the 10-0 Steelers.  The Steelers should've been penalized for "slow play" at the end of the 1st half, which could've given the Ravens at least 3 and possibly 7.

Adam Gase would've used this as an excuse to already be blown out in this game (rather than trail 12-7 in the 3rd quarter).

37 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Glad you and your town are safe from those insane fires.   I think of you folks every time there is a major fire.  I still feel a connection to Marin (actually wish we had never moved back East).

Every year, after the rains, you know the hills in Marin turn from lush verdant green to that beautiful gold.  I had a few jobs at Skywalker Ranch which was an idyllic location but right in the middle of all that dried landscape.  It would drive me insane when you'd see some dope on 101 throwing a cigarette out of a car not knowing or caring that it might cause 5K acres to go up in flames.  

Wishing you the best for staying safe and out of fire's way.

nextg thing you know we'll be trading guitar pics!

;-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Nothing better than Chris and Tom on Prime Time after the games.

200.gif

As a kid I used to avoid looking at the bottom screen score ticker during the afternoon games because I wanted these two to tell me the story with the highlights. NFL Primetime was easily my favorite sports show ever.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One thing that about the Ravens roster that I'm fixated on for whatever reason.

I think RG3 as the backup to Lamar is so smart.  He has practically the exact same skill set, it just seems like such a common sense move to have a backup QB who is just the "lite" version of your starter.  

That is hardly every the case though!  Lots of NFL teams have a completely different skillet at Backup QB than Starter.   It never made sense to me 

I’m afraid of what Darnold-lite would look like. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

As a kid I used to avoid looking at the bottom screen score ticker during the afternoon games because I wanted these two to tell me the story with the highlights. NFL Primetime was easily my favorite sports show ever.

I'm with you.  The second the 4 PM game was over we went immediately to Primetime.  Incredible rapport between Chris and Tom.  You could see that they genuinely liked each other and enjoyed what they were doing.  I lived for Chris' nicknames for players.