2019 Report: Jim Harbaugh seeking opportunity to leave Michigan

NYJ1

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ok. Sure. You bet. Who gives a ****. Dude has sucked as a Coach for 6 years now, but people like you, trapped in 2012 or enamored with "Big Names" are blinded to reality and think that THAT suck will be great, and much better than the suck we have now. Been there, done that. No thanks.  

If you think Michigan has sucked, what do you think of the Jets?  The jets aren’t going to get a coach that wins more than Harbaugh.  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

3) The Jets job is likely the very most attractive job? They don't have any talent but that can be viewed positively. Harbaugh, a control freak, would love to have a roster he built from the ground up. They also have a boat load of picks.

That's the exact thing that scares me about him.. Control Freak, and that he would want control over who gets picked in the draft. If he couldn't recruit well at Michigan with his name, and win there, then I'm not sure I want any part of him. He would have to make serious concessions to make me feel comfortable being the HC of the NYJ.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He finished his last year in San Francisco with an 8-8 record and looked like a coach terrified that the NFL had figured him out (ex. Rex Ryan), ran away from adversity, landed the cushiest job he could have possibly gotten himself, and proceeded to embarrass himself and his school during his entire tenure at Michigan. Don’t give me the QB excuse either.  He’s “Jim Harbaugh”, at one of the most prestigious schools in the nation.  There is zero excuse for him not finding 1 single QB.  He lured one 5 star recruit (Shea Patterson) away from Ole Miss, claimed he “finally got his guy”, and that turned out to be an utter train wreck.

-  Multiple veteran SF players claimed that his act was wearing thing with the players in the locker room by the time the 2014 rolled around, and that they were kind of sick of him.  Players like Alex Boone, Brandon Jacobs, and Randy Moss all came out against the guy once he was finally gone:

Thank-you.... I've been saying this a lot.  My point is with such a great record in SF, and going to Michigan with his Harbough name, what was his problem recruiting there ?  He should have been able to get the best of the best to that school, and he should have been able to beat the likes of OSU etc... Maybe not every game, but he's 0-4 again OSU.... Not one win.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

If you think Michigan has sucked, what do you think of the Jets?  The jets aren’t going to get a coach that wins more than Harbaugh.  

Well you know it’s all that incredible success this franchise has had with its winning culture the past 10 years

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Good ol' Bensonhurst. New Utrecht high (where I went) was the model, Gabe Kaplan went there. David Geffen, Buddy Hackett, Art Modell, Shemp Howard, my dad's friend John Saxon and others as well. 

Mom from Queens, Dad from Manhattan so Brooklyn was somewhat foreign to me until I became an adult.   Did a ton of work in Brooklyn in the 80s.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The last thing fans of the Patriots, Bills and Dolphins want to see happened is our NY Jets land both Trevor Lawrence and Jim Harbaugh for many of years to come (those fan bases want to see us win 1 game so bad in order to miss out on Trevor Lawrence). 

You do realize that his QBs when he was the HC of the 49rs passed for 3200 yards.  Just so you know that Sanchez and Geno Smith, as a rookie, numbers.  Nothing in his past indicates that he can develop a QB into a top passer.  He had Smith turned into a dink and dunk, safety first QB and benched him for Kaep, who was a run/pass QB who the league figured out.  I could see him running the bigger, stronger Lawrence into the ground.  

If we get Lawrence I want a HC who is more in tune with a 2020+ offense, not one that was getting old in 2014

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Entirely untrue. Never once said he would be a bust.  Not even close to that.  I certainly pointed out concerns from his college game.  Being objective around gets attacked.  
there was absolutely reason for concern with him. Thankfully, when healthy, he’s been pretty good.  Not nearly as good as most of you are making him out to be. But very good for a rookie for sure.  

You said he couldn't pass block and would be a liability in the passing game, would get Darnold killed.

12 hours ago, JTJet said:

This is a myth.

He only wanted more say in SF because Trent Baalke was sh*tting the bed. He was subsequently proven to be right after he was let go and Baalke and the 49ers nose dived into oblivion and Baalke was fired. 

That's the entirety of where that myth comes from. That's it. 

If you are correct, I would be a proponent of bringing him in.  But I want Douglas making the final call on drafting 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Good ol' Bensonhurst. New Utrecht high (where I went) was the model, Gabe Kaplan went there. David Geffen, Buddy Hackett, Art Modell, Shemp Howard, my dad's friend John Saxon and others as well. 

West 12th Street between S & T.  

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said he couldn't pass block and would be a liability in the passing game, would get Darnold killed.

No, I said the data showed that he was ranked middle of the pack in pass blocking in college and he was.  That is a fact...and that raised concerns about his ability to pass block.  And that should have raised concerns to anyone being realistic. 

Now, he has certainly outperformed that and I am very happy to see - but those were legitimate concerns and pointing them out doesn't mean I was calling him a bust.  

There is a difference between having concerns based on data vs. calling someone a bust...

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

He has like a .650 winning % there.  Thats not good enough for the jets?  Thats an average of 10.5-5.5 in the nfl.  i’ll take that.  

Again, having a good winning percentage when you coach for michigan amd get to beat up on schools like Rutgers and illinois and some cream puff non conference schedule means nothing. 

Just ask yourself why Michigan wants him gone so badly?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

No, I said the data showed that he was ranked middle of the pack in pass blocking in college and he was.  That is a fact...and that raised concerns about his ability to pass block.  And that should have raised concerns to anyone being realistic. 

Now, he has certainly outperformed that and I am very happy to see - but those were legitimate concerns and pointing them out doesn't mean I was calling him a bust.  

There is a difference between having concerns based on data vs. calling someone a bust...

No you said he would be a liability in the passing game.  I remember going back and forth with you.  

Hard to find anyone from the major sites complain that said he struggled pass blocking.  Hand punching and Tony Pauline saying he doesnt fit into a zone blocking OL.  Wasnt athletic enough.  Yeah

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No you said he would be a liability in the passing game.  I remember going back and forth with you.  

Hard to find anyone from the major sites complain that said he struggled pass blocking.  Hand punching and Tony Pauline saying he doesnt fit into a zone blocking OL.  Wasnt athletic enough.  Yeah

I referenced this data point.  Showing Becton in the 58th percentile of college pass blocking.  58% of college pass blocking would be a disaster in the NFL.  It was a legitimate concern for me and should have been for you.  Go back and look, all I kept pointing to was this point.  

EU7YV7yWAAQuOzY.png.61217e4d8b42f93bcd5600601611ca6c.png

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Coaching the Jets and winning a SB and turning this franchise around would be huge .He would be a hero . I'm pretty sure if he comes here next year with the picks we have and the money to spend we could be in contention just as fast as SF was with no problem at all.

Yeah no doubt if he wins a SB as HC here - or anywhere - it'd be huge. I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I referenced this data point.  Showing Becton in the 58th percentile of college pass blocking.  58% of college pass blocking would be a disaster in the NFL.  It was a legitimate concern for me and should have been for you.  Go back and look, all I kept pointing to was this point.  

EU7YV7yWAAQuOzY.png.61217e4d8b42f93bcd5600601611ca6c.png

Youre listing numbers.  The same numbers you listed to show he would be a liability in the passing game.  Im saying the concern was over the his use of hands and little else other than weight.  

Its had no one as concerned as you were and kept bringing up.  Whatever, your worries were proven to be unfounded and we're all the better for it.  Hes the best of the group and will be a fixture on the OL 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Again, having a good winning percentage when you coach for michigan amd get to beat up on schools like Rutgers and illinois and some cream puff non conference schedule means nothing. 

Just ask yourself why Michigan wants him gone so badly?

Because they don’t realize who they are.  I don’t watch much college football but do follow Michigan a little since I am from there.  The fans don’t understand that they were never really an elite program.  Winning is winning.  Jim Harbaugh doesn’t have many losing seasons.  

And I’m not really a harbaugh guy.  I am generally against any and all retreads.  I’d rather take a shot on an up and comer.  But, would be okay with harbaugh.  

To me the big question is, can he and JD work well together.  Maybe his time at Michigan has humbled him?  I dont hear the crazy stories we used to hear about him in a long time. So to me that is the biggest question and I would have to let JD hire him, not Woody to prevent any power struggles.

In college he is up against powerhouse recruiters.  He doesnt have to worry about that in the NFL.  I get the argument that he has flamed out everywhere he has been but for our next coach, I'd take him in a heartbeat over unproven guys which is what we will be looking at.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize that his QBs when he was the HC of the 49rs passed for 3200 yards.  Just so you know that Sanchez and Geno Smith, as a rookie, numbers.  Nothing in his past indicates that he can develop a QB into a top passer.  He had Smith turned into a dink and dunk, safety first QB and benched him for Kaep, who was a run/pass QB who the league figured out.  I could see him running the bigger, stronger Lawrence into the ground.  

If we get Lawrence I want a HC who is more in tune with a 2020+ offense, not one that was getting old in 2014

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know where to start (actually I do). 

1.) You do realize that before Jim, that Alex Smith was Sanchez/Geno type of bad, right? 

2.) You do realize that that before Jim Harbaugh, Alex Smith was a former #1 overall bust and a career loser who Jim turned into an immediate winner, right? 

Alex Smith 6 years before Jim:

50 Starts: 19-31 overall (.380% and 12 games below .500), 861/1,514 (57.1%), 9,399 passing yards, 51 TD's/53 INT's (-0.9 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.2 yards per pass attempt and a crap QB Rating of 72.1. 

vs. 

Alex Smith 2 years alongside of Jim:

25 Starts: 19-5 overall (.791% and 14 games above .500), 426/663 (64.3%), 4,881 passing yards, 30 TD's/10 INT's (+3.0 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.6 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 95.1. 

But yet you're going to harp all over a former crap and bust QB's yardage? That's laughable. 

3.) You do know and realize that Kaep as a young QB became an instant and immediate WINNER under Jim in comparison to an immediate and instant LOSER after Jim, right?

Kaep's 4 years alongside of Jim:

39 Starts: 29-14 overall (.674% and 15  games above .500), 671/1,117 (60.1%), 8,415 passing yards, 50 TD's/21 INT's (+2.3 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.5 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 90.6.

vs. 

Kaep's 2 years after of Jim: 

19 Starts: 3-16 overall (.157% and 13  games below .500), 340/575 (59.1%), 3,856 passing yards, 22 TD's/9 INT's (+2.4 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.7 yards per pass attempt and a lower QB Rating of 85.5%. 

4.) Kaep/Alex alongside of Jim in San Fran =

48-19 (.716%). 

vs

Alex/Kaep without him in San Fran=

22-47 (.318%). 

But yet nothing in his past indicates be can develop a top passer? Oh. I'm sorry. I guess he just develops career losers into immediate winners... And Andy Reid can thnx Jim for turning Alex into an immediate winner for him too. 

(PS Bill Belichick coached 10+ QBs in Cleveland before Tom Brady and before Brady nothing indicated Bill could develop a winning QB etc). So what are you really trying to say? 

And the last time (and only time) Jim Harbaugh got his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of QB talent he developed a Freshman and Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway/Peyton Manning @ Stanford. 

And speaking of running QBs into the ground etc, etc. 

Jim only ran Alex 41.5x per season. 

Vs. 

Andy Reid who ran Alex Smith 63.4 x per season. 

lol...

Still want to blane a running QB running on Jim? And did Andy Reid run Mahomes into the ground?

Because Reid ran Alex way more than Jim ran Alex (see how stupid it sounds to me)?

And how many years did Reid coach before winning a SB without Mahomes? Because he for damn sure couldn't win one with Alex Smith....

Hello Trevor Lawrence. 

40 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Show your work. Player quotes please. 

shhhh

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Jim-Harbaugh-49ers-Brandon-Jacobs-twitter-feud-11179715.php

"Going somewhere where they don't have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd," Jacobs said. "They're just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that's why they won.

"Let's be real," Jacobs continued. "They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

https://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-jim-harbaugh-clinically-insane-san-francisco-49ers-20150420-story.html

Jim Harbaugh ended the 49ers’ eight-year playoff drought in his first season. In year two, San Francisco made its first Super Bowl appearance since 1994. Despite his success, any warm feelings between the head coach and his players went away quickly.

“He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom,” 49ers offensive lineman Alex Boone says on an upcoming episode of HBO’s “Real Sports With Bryant Gumble,” according to ProFootballTalk. “But after a while, you just want to kick his.... He just keeps pushing you, and you’re like, ‘Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.’ He kind of wore out his welcome.”

Harbaugh himself didn’t deny his tendency to wear on people.

“They just don’t want to be around you after a while,” he said.

https://www.nfl.com/news/deion-sanders-49ers-players-want-jim-harbaugh-out-0ap3000000402823

NFL Media's Deion Sanders said on Sunday's NFL GameDay Final that there is significant strain between coach Jim Harbaugh and his players.

"They want him out. They're not on the same page," Sanders said. "I really want to know if they're really playing for the head coach. I got a question with that. Are you really down with your head coach, San Francisco 49ers? Because the way it looks and what I'm hearing, you're really not down for your head coach. And that's a problem.

"They really got some problems that we hear rumblings. We all know people inside locker rooms."

Sanders tweeted that Michael Crabtree was not his source. Sanders famously is close with Crabtree and was involved in his rookie contract negotiations. Sanders tweeted that his sources wear "uniforms, suits, and ties."

Sanders' comments echo a report from NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport from Sunday morning. Rapoport said that the veteran voices grumbling about Harbaugh are getting "louder and louder" in part because Harbaugh treats his players like "children."

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know where to start (actually I do). 

1.) You do realize that before Jim, that Alex Smith was Sanchez/Geno type of bad, right? 

2.) You do realize that that before Jim Harbaugh, Alex Smith was a former #1 overall bust and a career loser who Jim turned into an immediate winner, right? 

Alex Smith 6 years before Jim:

50 Starts: 19-31 overall (.380% and 12 games below .500), 861/1,514 (57.1%), 9,399 passing yards, 51 TD's/53 INT's (-0.9 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.2 yards per pass attempt and a crap QB Rating of 72.1. 

vs. 

Alex Smith 2 years alongside of Jim:

25 Starts: 19-5 overall (.791% and 14 games above .500), 426/663 (64.3%), 4,881 passing yards, 30 TD's/10 INT's (+3.0 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.6 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 95.1. 

But yet you're going to harp all over a former crap and bust QB's yardage? That's laughable. 

3.) You do know and realize that Kaep as a young QB became an instant and immediate WINNER under Jim in comparison to an immediate and instant LOSER after Jim, right?

Kaep's 4 years alongside of Jim:

39 Starts: 29-14 overall (.674% and 15  games above .500), 671/1,117 (60.1%), 8,415 passing yards, 50 TD's/21 INT's (+2.3 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.5 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 90.6.

vs. 

Kaep's 2 years after of Jim: 

19 Starts: 3-16 overall (.157% and 13  games below .500), 340/575 (59.1%), 3,856 passing yards, 22 TD's/9 INT's (+2.4 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.7 yards per pass attempt and a lower QB Rating of 85.5%. 

4.) Kaep/Alex alongside of Jim in San Fran =

48-19 (.716%). 

vs

Alex/Kaep without him in San Fran=

22-47 (.318%). 

But yet nothing in his past indicates be can develop a top passer? Oh. I'm sorry. I guess he just develops career losers into immediate winners... And Andy Reid can thnx Jim for turning Alex into an immediate winner for him too. 

(PS Bill Belichick coached 10+ QBs in Cleveland before Tom Brady and before Brady nothing indicated Bill could develop a winning QB etc). So what are you really trying to say? 

And the last time (and only time) Jim Harbaugh got his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of QB talent he developed a Freshman and Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway/Peyton Manning @ Stanford. 

And speaking of running QBs into the ground etc, etc. 

Jim only ran Alex 41.5x per season. 

Vs. 

Andy Reid who ran Alex Smith 63.4 x per season. 

lol...

Still want to blane a running QB running on Jim? And did Andy Reid run Mahomes into the ground?

Because Reid ran Alex way more than Jim ran Alex (see how stupid it sounds to me)?

Cant you say shlt in 1000 or fewer words?  

Again, HES NEVER HAD A QB THROW FOR OVER 3200 YARDS.  Thats what I said, thats a fact.  You use numbers to kill Darnold and Gase but dont want to hear them for your guy.  Kind of like you not wanting to talk about Harbaugh and his Michigan years and QBs but then want to talk about Luck at Stanford.  Cute but wrong.  

You know because Alex Smith played on crappy teams and his numbers sucked until he played on a good team is kind of expected.  Wait, Keep after the league figured him out and without talent struggled?  No, you dont say.  We get it, dont need years of stats, could have stated the obvious.  

Then you spin off into Andy Reid and Mahomes trying to boost Harbaugh and who knows what youre trying to say anymore other than you want Harbaugh and thats fine just stop trying to make stupid stats into proof hes the man,