2019 Report: Jim Harbaugh seeking opportunity to leave Michigan

NYJ1

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I suspect if we land the #1 pick the NY Jets will be his top choice.

He is not my top choice.  He is not even on my list.  If my assessment of Joe Douglas is correct, Harbaugh wont be a real consideration.

Harbaugh is a tsunami.  Everyone sees and responds to the massive wave.  And then... The ultimate results... 

tsunami-environmental-impact.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

He is not my top choice.  He is not even on my list.  If my assessment of Joe Douglas is correct, Harbaugh wont be a real consideration.

Harbaugh is a tsunami.  Everyone sees and responds to the massive wave.  And then... The ultimate results... 

I won't go as far as to say he is not on my list but he is certainly not the top of my list. The way he left the Niners and the disaster in Michigan doesn't exactly breed confidence.

There are plenty of young, brilliant offensive minds out there without the baggage Harbaugh brings to the table. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase has made the playoffs once in 5 years as a HC and never won a playoff game

Harbaugh has been to three NFCGs and a Super Bowl after inheriting a team that was 6-10 with a Qb that was considered a bust

And who gives a rats ass if Harbaugh is intense.  Do you want Herm back?

yeah I know are we worried Jim is going to hurt the feelings of the millionaire privileged athletes . When a HC wins you take the malcontent players and ship them the hell out of town. Good Coaching wins more games in this league than anything else next to tor equal too the QB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kaep/Alex alongside of Jim in San Fran =

48-19 (.716%). 

vs

Alex/Kaep without him in San Fran=

22-47 (.318%). 

Alex Smith played in 2011 and part of 2012, thats it

Kaep played to wining record for part of 2012 and 2013

On great defensive teams

Thats it.  Nothing more.  

You know what sucks?  You make me go from someone who perfectly fine with a Harbaugh hire, who would totally understand why he was hired to not wanting to hire him in a few posts.  I gave numbers about his QBs and you go off on a 10000 word diatribe, what is it with you?

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Alex Smith played in 2011 and part of 2012, thats it

Kaep played to wining record for part of 2012 and 2013

On great defensive teams

Thats it.  

Alex Smith 6 years before Jim:

50 Starts: 19-31 overall (.380% and 12 games below .500), 861/1,514 (57.1%), 9,399 passing yards, 51 TD's/53 INT's (-0.9 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.2 yards per pass attempt and a crap QB Rating of 72.1. 

vs

Alex Smith 2 years alongside of Jim:

25 Starts: 19-5 overall (.791% and 14 games above .500), 426/663 (64.3%), 4,881 passing yards, 30 TD's/10 INT's (+3.0 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.6 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 95.1. 

Kaep's 4 years alongside of Jim:

39 Starts: 29-14 overall (.674% and 15  games above .500), 671/1,117 (60.1%), 8,415 passing yards, 50 TD's/21 INT's (+2.3 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.5 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 90.6.

vs

Kaep's 2 years after of Jim: 

19 Starts: 3-16 overall (.157% and 13  games below .500), 340/575 (59.1%), 3,856 passing yards, 22 TD's/9 INT's (+2.4 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.7 yards per pass attempt and a lower QB Rating of 85.5%. 

Kaep/Alex alongside of Jim in San Fran = 48-19 (.716%). 29 games above .500. 

vs

Alex/Kaep without Jim in San Fran = 22-47 (.318%). 25 games below .500. 

(Nothing you try and type can change the fact that Jim Harbaugh turned losers into winners). 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

jim harbaugh is a dick. no thanks. u guys hate gase???   holy moly what a travesty is will be

On what planet do we compare Harbaugh to Gase?  

Why would anyone hate Harbaugh like Gase is hated?  

Gase is hated because hes a loser, the rest it nonsense.  Harbaugh is hated because of what exactly, hes not your choice and what?  

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

50 Starts: 19-31 overall (.380% and 12 games below .500), 861/1,514 (57.1%), 9,399 passing yards, 51 TD's/53 INT's (-0.9 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.2 yards per pass attempt and a crap QB Rating of 72.1. 

vs

25 Starts: 19-5 overall (.791% and 14 games above .500), 426/663 (64.3%), 4,881 passing yards, 30 TD's/10 INT's (+3.0 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.6 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 95.1. 

39 Starts: 29-14 overall (.674% and 15  games above .500), 671/1,117 (60.1%), 8,415 passing yards, 50 TD's/21 INT's (+2.3 TD-to-INT Ratio), 7.5 yards per pass attempt and a respectable QB Rating of 90.6.

vs

19 Starts: 3-16 overall (.157% and 13  games below .500), 340/575 (59.1%), 3,856 passing yards, 22 TD's/9 INT's (+2.4 TD-to-INT Ratio), 6.7 yards per pass attempt and a lower QB Rating of 85.5%. 

vs

Alex/Kaep without Jim in San Fran= 22-47 (.318%). 25 games below .500. 

(Nothing you type can change the fact that Jim Harbaugh turned losers into winners). 

Guess you missed this part:

You know what sucks?  You make me go from someone who perfectly fine with a Harbaugh hire, who would totally understand why he was hired to not wanting to hire him in a few posts.  I gave numbers about his QBs and you go off on a 10,000 word diatribe, about 9,990 words to many.  What is it with you?

Frustrated Head GIF

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess you missed this part:

You know what sucks?  You make me go from someone who perfectly fine with a Harbaugh hire, who would totally understand why he was hired to not wanting to hire him in a few posts.  I gave numbers about his QBs and you go off on a 10,000 word diatribe, about 9,990 words to many.  What is it with you?

Frustrated Head GIF

I went over numbers of his two NFL QBs before Jim and during (Alex) and during and after Jim (Kaep). 

And I guess them being career losers before (Alex) and after (Kaep) just didn't fit your agenda. 

I'm sorry?

Kaep/Alex alongside Jim in San Fran = 48-19 (.716%). 29 games above .500. 

vs

how's that for "Numbers"?

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I absolutely care about his college career.  Especially when his NFL career was on the downswing when he kicked and screamed his way out his contract to go to Michigan, where he’s only gotten worse.

Finally, addressing the very last part of your post, the amount of authority you speak with is pretty stand-offish for someone who has been so alarmingly wrong over the years.  Maybe reconsider that approach since there are a ton of legitimate reasons to dislike Harbaugh, no matter how cherry-picked of an argument you try to make for him, and that doesn’t mean anyone “deserves” anything.  

-  He runs an archaic offense that has never had a QB pass for 4,000 yards, even when it was ran by Andrew Luck.

-  He has choked in almost every single large game he’s ever been involved in.

-  He finished his last year in San Francisco with an 8-8 record and looked like a coach terrified that the NFL had figured him out (ex. Rex Ryan), ran away from adversity, landed the cushiest job he could have possibly gotten himself, and proceeded to embarrass himself and his school during his entire tenure at Michigan. Don’t give me the QB excuse either.  He’s “Jim Harbaugh”, at one of the most prestigious schools in the nation.  There is zero excuse for him not finding 1 single QB.  He lured one 5 star recruit (Shea Patterson) away from Ole Miss, claimed he “finally got his guy”, and that turned out to be an utter train wreck.

-  Multiple veteran SF players claimed that his act was wearing thing with the players in the locker room by the time the 2014 rolled around, and that they were kind of sick of him.  Players like Alex Boone, Brandon Jacobs, and Randy Moss all came out against the guy once he was finally gone:

1431018A-8626-4CE6-BAE2-6D12F2AC0259.thumb.jpeg.5fb10fc3dca5e565d0f32070caac807f.jpeg

DA1A1D31-134A-4941-A57F-E39324E4DB85.jpeg.dc2adeb829e761d6de4fbbf80cd4a137.jpeg
You want to compare Jim, a coach with zero rings, to the best Head Coach of all time?  That’s fine.  Just realize that is an absolutely ridiculous claim with zero evidence based in reality to back it up.  Posting GIFs, YouTube videos, cute little emojis, and pictures doesn’t make that argument any less absurd.

awkward silence GIF

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I guess you just can't comprehend...

Kaep/Alex alongside Jim in San Fran = 

48-19 (.716%). 29 games above .500. 

vs

Alex/Kaep without Jim in San Fran =

22-47 (.318%). 25 games below .500. 

Now do Alex Smith’s numbers under Andy Reid.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Now do Alex Smith’s numbers under Andy Reid.

It doesn't matter because Andy Reid didn't turn Alex Smith into a former 1st overall bust into an immediate winner; Jim Harbaugh did (Andy Reid owes Jim Harbaugh a thnx you). 

And speaking of Andy Reid how many years was he HC with 0 SB wins before Patrick Mahomes? 

It's amazing what a generational QB talent can do for you, isn't it? 

PS: Alex Smith had a better winning percentage under Jim than Reid (.791% vs. 697%) and identical completion percentages and TD-to-INT Ratio's under them both; but it was Jim who saved Alex's bust career, not "Andy". 

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

What's the ultimate result?  A couple of championship games and a Super Bowl appearance, then he leaves?

I can live with that....

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

vs

vs

vs

(Nothing you try and type can change the fact that Jim Harbaugh turned losers into winners). 

Using your logic, why not hire Harbaugh, keep Darnold and trade the number 1 or 2 pick for a bunch of draft picks. Based on your examples Harbaugh can turn water into wine and we can use those draft picks to fill multiple needs. Darnold will turn into a winning QB just like Smith and Kap.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Using your logic, why not hire Harbaugh, keep Darnold and trade the number 1 or 2 pick for a bunch of draft picks. Based on your examples Harbaugh can turn water into wine and we can use those draft picks to fill multiple needs. Darnold will turn into a winning QB just like Smith and Kap.

Because with Harbaugh he was never in a position to draft a Trevor Lawrence type of elite prospect (his 49er teams started winning immediately). 

No coach would rather attempt to fix Sam before and over drafting the #1 QB Prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning. 

And the last time Jim got his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of phenom prospect he turned and developed a Freshman/Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB prospect coming out since Elway/Manning. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

yeah I know are we worried Jim is going to hurt the feelings of the millionaire privileged athletes . When a HC wins you take the malcontent players and ship them the hell out of town. Good Coaching wins more games in this league than anything else next to tor equal too the QB

These Jim Harbaugh haters are the same people who still worship Eric Mangina - a guy who was universally despised by all of his players and did wierd stuff like keep a secret which leg Jonathan Vilma injured while he was on season ending IR

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Alex Smith was a consensus bust who got made fun of because he was drafted over Aaron Rodgers before he met Jim Harbaugh 

And he improved even further under Andy Reid, nullifying this mystical idea that Harbaugh was the only coach capable of fixing him.  The talent was always there.  Turns out giving a QB 7 million OCs early in their career stunts their growth.  Who knew?

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The mess he left was he got as far with a limited qb like Kaepernick as he could go

Harbaugh hand picked Kaepernick to be “his” QB.  Don’t even start trying to use him as a means of defending Jim because that’s utter horse crap.

56 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because with Harbaugh he was never in a position to draft a Trevor Lawrence type of elite prospect (his 49er teams started winning immediately). 

No coach would rather attempt to fix Sam before and over drafting the #1 QB Prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning. 

And the last time Jim got his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of phenom prospect he turned and developed a Freshman/Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB prospect coming out since Elway/Manning. 

And he still couldn’t get him to account for 4,000 yards or win a big game, unless, of course you count beating the doors off a far less talented VT team in a meaningless bowl as a “big game”.

7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

If you are correct, I would be a proponent of bringing him in.  But I want Douglas making the final call on drafting 

What in the world makes you think it wouldn't be Douglas with final say. DOUGLAS IS THE GM. Get it?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

And he still couldn’t get him to account for 4,000 yards or win a big game, unless, of course you count beating the doors off a far less talented VT team in a meaningless bowl as a “big game”.

"4,000 yards" lol Peyton Manning never threw for 4,000 NCAA yards during a single season and neither has Trevor Lawrence. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers didn't either. 

"4k yards" lol 

"4,000 yards" lol Peyton Manning never threw for 4,000 NCAA yards during a single season and neither has Trevor Lawrence. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers didn't either. 

"4k yards" lol 

Every single one of those QBs threw for 4,000 yard once they got to the NFL.  My statement was that Harbaugh has never had a QB throw for 4,000 yards, in college or the NFL.  Try to keep up, thanks.

”Lol”.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Every single one of those QBs threw for 4,000 yard once they got to the NFL.  My statement was that Harbaugh has never had a QB throw for 4,000 yards, in college or the NFL.  Try to keep up, thanks.

”Lol”.

Who cares? So what the hell is your point?

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Who cares? So what the hell is your point?

That he is a head coach who runs an offense that is archaic in design and that league figured out years ago?  That he’s an abrasive personality that wears out his welcome very quickly?  That he has never won a big game in his coaching career and is best known for blowing it when it matters most?

YOU may not care about all of that because you know his name and that’s all you want out of a candidate in this hiring process, but this coaching hire is the most important hire this franchise has made since Parcells, and maybe trusting it to a mediocre, power hungry, choke artist, with a 1950’s style of offense, who has done absolutely nothing except embarrass himself on a national stage, every Saturday, for the last 5 years despite being paid like a top tier, program changing, head coach, isn’t the best of ideas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1