PFF's NFL's Top 50 free agents

12 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Juju sucks this year btw. And yes he has been squeezed out of targets. But there’s a reason why. 

What are you talking about?

He's a young 23 year old freakishly talented WR with already an NFL Pro Bowl under his belt. 

He sucks this year? Being squeezed out of targets? Um... No? 

He's actually Ben Roethlisberger's best WR target within an 11-0 undefeated Steelers offensive attack. 

#1 on the Steelers in Receptions (66). 

#1 on the Steelers in WR Catch Rate Percentage (78.6%). 

#1 on the Steelers in 1st down receptions (32). 

#1 in the Steelers in YAC Yards After Catch (294). 

#1 on the Steelers in broken tackles (4). 

#1 on the Steelers with only (2) dropped passes. 

#2 on the Steelers in TD receptions (6) and only two away from being #1. 

#2 on the Steelers in targets (84) and only trails D. Johnson by 10. 

#3 on the Steelers in receiving yards (572) and only 49 receiving yards away from being #1. 

But yea, right, let's as Jet fans paint a picture with a false narrative how JuJu somehow "sucks" here in 2020 despite him actually being awesome with a WR Rating here in 2020 of 108.9;

JuJu ranks 20th in NFL targets this year and out of the 19 NFL WR's/TE's who've been targeted more times? JuJu ranks #1 amongst those players in Catch Rate Percentage amongst the likes of Allen, Diggs, Robinson, Hill, Adams, Kelce, Cooper, Robby, Metcalf, Hopkins etc 

But yes. Leave it up to Jet fans to tell us all how he's "sucked" here in 2020 and how he's being "squeezed out of targets". 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's a young 23 year old freakishly talented WR with already an NFL Pro Bowl under his belt. 

He's actually Ben Roethlisberger's best WR target within an 11-0 undefeated Steelers offensive attack. 

#1 on the Steelers in WR Catch Rate Percentage (78.6%). 

#1 on the Steelers in 1st down receptions (32). 

#1 in the Steelers in YAC Yards After Catch (294). 

#1 on the Steelers in broken tackles (4). 

#3 on the Steelers in receiving yards (572) and only 49 receiving yards away from being #1. 

But yea, right, let's as Jet fans paint a picture with a false narrative how JuJu somehow "sucks" here in 2020 despite him actually being awesome with a WR Rating here in 2020 of 108.9;

JuJu ranks 20th in NFL targets this year and out of the 19 NFL WR's/TE's who've been targeted more times? JuJu ranks #1 amongst those players in Catch Rate Percentage amongst the likes of Allen, Diggs, Robinson, Hill, Adams, Kelce, Cooper, Robby, Metcalf, Hopkins etc 

But yes. Leave it up to Jet fans to tell us all how he's "sucked" here in 2020 and how he's being "squeezed out of targets". 

Dude. Relax. Sucked is hyperbole alright. He’s not worth the money. Talk to me in a year or 2. If I’m wrong, you can be excited. I won’t care because I’ll still have been right that there are better options.

15 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Couldn’t they just franchise Maye for less than 14MM? To me it’s a no brainer. The Jets certainly don’t get to use that thing often. 

Of course, since he'd be getting the non-exclusive rights tag (ffs no one's giving us 2 more 1st rounders for our other 2017 safety, and if they do then maybe I underestimated Maccagnan's idiotic '17 draft lol).

Crazy thing is it'll be even less than last season because the salary cap is dropping. Last year it was $11.4MM and it'd typically be 10% higher next season, except the cap is expected to be lower by more than that 10% increase. The official 2021 cap number isn't yet determined, but numbers like $175MM (give or take) have been thrown around. Based on $176MM, @jason423 at OTC preliminarily estimates the franchise tag for safeties will drop by about $500K to just under $11MM.

Not only millions less than the elite-level $14MM range, but it's also the full extent of guarantees the player receives. Also if he plays under that for 1 year and then the Jets let him go, they get a comp pick; if they cut him after 1-2 years under a 4-year extension, they get nothing (other than temporary cap relief in '21 when they don't need it, and a proportional dead cap amount after cutting him a little down the line). 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I agree that Godwin isn't that likely to leave.  Neither is Golladay.  OTOH, until they are signed or franchised they are higher up my list than Smith-Schuster.  If we are keeping Crowder I'd put Will Fuller and Corey Davis (who is their #39, and they see him as having an inflated contract based on draft position) ahead of him too. 

I wonder what @win4ever thinks of Davis. He is a Tennessee guy and spends a ton of time reviewing Titans.

I'm not a fan, or at least I'm not a fan as a No. 1 guy that needs to be paid.  AJ Brown is the alpha WR there and the one that defenses worry about.  Derrick Henry is a monster because he has a ridiculous combination of size/speed.  And Tannehill thrives on the play action.  

From what I've seen:  Davis doesn't run crisp routes, and he doesn't have the physical tools to outmatch guys.  He is schemed open because defenses either roll safeties towards Brown, or in zone, the LBs bite on Henry play action.  He does a good job at blocking, which is a plus.  But he's not a guy that will be the defacto No, 1, because that guy is clearly Brown. 

I kind of see him as a slightly poor man's version of TJ Houshmandzadeh, where he will put up good numbers opposite a No. 1 option, but he's not worth paying for in free agency.  

WRs that I would take over him in free agency:  

Robinson (I think No. 1 by a fair margin)

Godwin (Better physical tools)

Golloday

JuJu

I would have said Fuller before the PED suspension, now I'm not sure.  

TY Hilton is a better receiver but age downgrades him.  

In a way, I actually like Curtis Samuel on a cheaper contract than Davis because I think his upside is far better suited for the future.  

I don't think we make a run at Davis because he's not going to be a No, 1 unless something drastically changed.  I would do a GIF analysis but busy with work,  If anyone has access to the all 22, you can watch him thrive on play action, or plays where the defense focuses in on Brown, even last week, when he put up monster numbers.  I'm not saying I wouldn't have him on the team but he's going to be paid like a No. 1, when he has stats because of a perfect situation.  

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2020 at 12:56 AM, win4ever said:

I'm not a fan, or at least I'm not a fan as a No. 1 guy that needs to be paid.  AJ Brown is the alpha WR there and the one that defenses worry about.  Derrick Henry is a monster because he has a ridiculous combination of size/speed.  And Tannehill thrives on the play action.  

From what I've seen:  Davis doesn't run crisp routes, and he doesn't have the physical tools to outmatch guys.  He is schemed open because defenses either roll safeties towards Brown, or in zone, the LBs bite on Henry play action.  He does a good job at blocking, which is a plus.  But he's not a guy that will be the defacto No, 1, because that guy is clearly Brown. 

I kind of see him as a slightly poor man's version of TJ Houshmandzadeh, where he will put up good numbers opposite a No. 1 option, but he's not worth paying for in free agency.  

WRs that I would take over him in free agency:  

Robinson (I think No. 1 by a fair margin)

Godwin (Better physical tools)

Golloday

JuJu

I would have said Fuller before the PED suspension, now I'm not sure.  

TY Hilton is a better receiver but age downgrades him.  

In a way, I actually like Curtis Samuel on a cheaper contract than Davis because I think his upside is far better suited for the future.  

I don't think we make a run at Davis because he's not going to be a No, 1 unless something drastically changed.  I would do a GIF analysis but busy with work,  If anyone has access to the all 22, you can watch him thrive on play action, or plays where the defense focuses in on Brown, even last week, when he put up monster numbers.  I'm not saying I wouldn't have him on the team but he's going to be paid like a No. 1, when he has stats because of a perfect situation.  

Thanks.  I doubt I think more highly of him than you do, but I think he may end up a bit of an Eric Decker styled bargain and that is what I think we will be looking at.  I mentioned Samuel a few times too,  Several on here did not like the idea and I see him more as weapon than receiver, but I can easily imagine them missing out on the big names and having to settle.  I agree that I would pay much more for Robinson, Godwin or Golladay, but I think I would probably rather grab a cheaper guy like Davis and stick with Crowder than pay Smith-Schuster.  All of this is hot air because it is all dependent on price and we don't know that yet.  

23 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Thanks.  I doubt I think more highly of him than you do, but I think he may end up a bit of an Eric Decker styled bargain and that is what I think we will be looking at.  I mentioned Samuel a few times too,  Several on here did not like the idea and I see him more as weapon than receiver, but I can easily imagine them missing out on the big names and having to settle.  I agree that I would pay much more for Robinson, Godwin or Golladay, but I think I would probably rather grab a cheaper guy like Davis and stick with Crowder than pay Smith-Schuster.  All of this is hot air because it is all dependent on price and we don't know that yet.  

I was higher on JuJu when I thought Darnold might stick around long term, because of their connection.  However, I'm not sure he's going to stick around.  I think the Colts should be the target for Darnold, have cap space, a very good roster, and Pittman loved Darnold so I'm sure he will go to battle for him.   

I think Davis can evolve into a No. 2, but I'm not sure if it'd be a fit here.  I think he fits somewhere that already has a No, 1, and they can afford him to be the secondary option.  I think Green Bay would be a good fit, because Adams will take all the attention, great QB, and the coach is familiar with him.   They seem to have a lot of boom or bust guys as the No. 2 with Lazard/MVS/St. Brown so a guy like Davis could really be a steady hand.

To me, Robinson is the perfect fit for a QB like Lawrence that tends to throw back shoulder passes and some contested passes.  I think we have to go all in on surrounding a QB with talent as much as possible.  I'm hoping we go QB/OL/WR with the first three picks, so we can get say an OT in the first,  Sign Thuney/Schereff and a Center.  I want someone like Moore/Smith/Bateman that can get adjusted to the NFL a bit before being pushed into the fire.  Start off with Robinson (Gallorday or Godwin)/Mims/Crowder and have a good WR waiting in the wings with a draft pick so we can phase out Crowder.  

I'm honestly a bit surprised that Samuel hasn't better this year, but I think he will thrive in an offense that has a QB making consistent downfield throws.  Sort of like stretching vertically so the horizontal lanes are more open.  I'd love him as a 4th option on the team to be honest but I don't see us being interested unless everything falls apart or we hire like Urban Meyer.  I thought we might trade Crowder at the deadline but we didn't.  I'm sure he wants to go somewhere that has him as a featured option than be third fiddle but it'll be interesting to see.  

On 12/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Surprised I missed this one.  I agree with your premise that Smith-Schuster does not suck.  OTOH, you provided dozens of statistics that disprove your hypothesis that he is the Steelers #1.

There is nothing wrong with JuJu, but being 3rd in yards makes him #3 in my mind. Being 3rd in targets makes him 3rd in Roethlisberger's mind.  JuJu pulled a TD closer, but keep in mind 2 is 25% of 8 and he is more than 10% down in targets.  This is particularly true when you consider that Claypool is a rookie on limited snaps the first couple of weeks and that Johnson missed a game and most of two others with injuries.  This may have more to do with the Steelers preparing to move on next year than JuJu doing anything wrong.  OTOH, your numbers do not paint the picture of the Steelers #1. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Surprised I missed this one.  I agree with your premise that Smith-Schuster does not suck.  OTOH, you provided dozens of statistics that disprove your hypothesis that he is the Steelers #1.

There is nothing wrong with JuJu, but being 3rd in yards makes him #3 in my mind. Being 3rd in targets makes him 3rd in Roethlisberger's mind. JuJu pulled a TD closer, but keep in mind 2 is 25% of 8 and he is more than 10% down in targets.  This is particularly true when you consider that Claypool is a rookie on limited snaps the first couple of weeks and that Johnson missed a game and most of two others with injuries.  This may have more to do with the Steelers preparing to move on next year than JuJu doing anything wrong.  OTOH, your numbers do not paint the picture of the Steelers #1. 

Those numbers were from weeks ago...

1st in receptions (79) compared to Claypool being 4th with 50 (and even behind a TE in Ebron).   

1st in catch rate percentage (78.2%) compared to Claypool ranking 4th @ 59.5%. 

1st in drop percentage (3.0) compared to Claypool being 2nd @ 6.0. 

2nd in Targets (101) compared to Claypool's 84. 

2nd in TD receptions (7) and only 1 away from Claypool's 8. 

2nd in 1st down receptions ( and only 1 away from passing Johnson for #1. 

2nd in yards after catch (341) and only 13 away from Johnson). 

3rd in receiving yards (655) and only 9 yards away from Claypool and only 39 away from passing Johnson (I'm confident he'll end up #1 by the end of the next 3 weeks). 

There is nothing "#3ish" about JuJu in Pittsburgh. 

And once JuJu leaves Pittsburgh this off-season wake me up (next year) when as a 2nd year kid Claypool (as did Smith-Schuster) can actually put up 111 receptions (166 targets) for 1,426 receiving yards and 7 TD receptions with a 66.9% catch rate and 67 1st down receptions (he won't). 

That was more receptions, more receiving yards, more 1st down receptions and more yards after catch and a better catch rate than ANTONIO BROWN (despite two fewer targets);

I'd LOVE to see how you spin this one (while using your same exact 2020 evaluation)...

but yet I don't remember you claiming JuJu was a #1 as only a 2nd year receiver while out performing an All-Pro in AB within every statistical receiving category outside of TD receptions known to mankind (ala receptions, receiving yards, 1st down receptions and catch rate %). 

If JuJu has been good enough for a future HOF Ben Roethlisberger well then imo he'd become absolute greatness for a young Rookie QB in Trevor Lawrence; while opening up the field for Denzel Mims too (as he's always done in Pittsburgh). 

My favorite part about JuJu is a lot of WRs become drama queens and locker room cancers when not getting the touches they deserve or want. But not this kid. He's selfless (even in a contract year) and just wants to win and doesn't care about targets (his words, not mine) and after Ben found out he said that? lol the kid earned his respect because the very next week Ben targeted him a whopping 13 times (as a way of saying thnx you for being an awesome teammate and different than others) and he had 9 receptions!

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Those numbers were from weeks ago...

1st in receptions (79) compared to Claypool being 4th with 50 (and even behind a TE in Ebron).   

1st in catch rate percentage (78.2%) compared to Claypool ranking 4th @ 59.5%. 

1st in drop percentage (3.0) compared to Claypool being 2nd @ 6.0. 

2nd in Targets (101) compared to Claypool's 84. 

2nd in TD receptions (7) and only 1 away from Claypool's 8. 

2nd in 1st down receptions ( and only 1 away from passing Johnson for #1. 

2nd in yards after catch (341) and only 13 away from Johnson). 

3rd in receiving yards (655) and only 9 yards away from Claypool and only 39 away from passing Johnson (I'm confident he'll end up #1 by the end of the next 3 weeks). 

There is nothing "#3ish" about JuJu in Pittsburgh. 

And once JuJu leaves Pittsburgh this off-season wake me up (next year) when as a 2nd year kid Claypool (as did Smith-Schuster) can actually put up 111 receptions (166 targets) for 1,426 receiving yards and 7 TD receptions with a 66.9% catch rate and 67 1st down receptions (he won't). 

That was more receptions, more receiving yards, more 1st down receptions and more yards after catch and a better catch rate than ANTONIO BROWN (despite two fewer targets);

I'd LOVE to see how you spin this one (while using your same exact 2020 evaluation)...

but yet I don't remember you claiming JuJu was a #1 as only a 2nd year receiver while out performing an All-Pro in AB within every statistical receiving category outside of TD receptions known to mankind (ala receptions, receiving yards, 1st down receptions and catch rate %). 

If JuJu has been good enough for a future HOF Ben Roethlisberger well then imo he'd become absolute greatness for a young Rookie QB in Trevor Lawrence; while opening up the field for Denzel Mims too (as he's always done in Pittsburgh). 

My favorite part about JuJu is a lot of WRs become drama queens and locker room cancers when not getting the touches they deserve or want. But not this kid. He's selfless (even in a contract year) and just wants to win and doesn't care about targets (his words, not mine) and after Ben found out he said that? lol the kid earned his respect because the very next week Ben targeted him a whopping 13 times (as a way of saying thnx you for being an awesome teammate and different than others) and he had 9 receptions!

As usual, you use six words when one will suffice.  In this case I guess it is 1,000 where six will.  Look at your stats.  He is not first in yards or targets.  Those are the two items I use to measure.  Yardage is what I care about most in a WR.  Targets indicate that the QB likes him best.  In Pittsburgh it is Johnson.  Before that it was Brown.  Nothing against JuJu.  You can make the argument he is their best.  IMO you'd be wrong, but you can make that argument. What you can't do is act like those numbers prove he is their clear cut #1.  Please spare us from re-posting the same numbers that tell the same story. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i get that but also to sign a guy like Juju just to cut Crowder isn't a step forward. It's like sideways 

they need to get complimentary players not just sign the fanciest names on the market 

I agree in general. It would be an upgrade (younger larger frame at very least), but it also wouldn't be filling a current hole of which there are many. Though he could play on the outside if you let Periman walk.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

As usual, you use six words when one will suffice.  In this case I guess it is 1,000 where six will.  Look at your stats.  He is not first in yards or targets.  Those are the two items I use to measure.  Yardage is what I care about most in a WR.  Targets indicate that the QB likes him best.  In Pittsburgh it is Johnson.  Before that it was Brown.  Nothing against JuJu.  You can make the argument he is their best.  IMO you'd be wrong, but you can make that argument. What you can't do is act like those numbers prove he is their clear cut #1.  Please spare us from re-posting the same numbers that tell the same story. 

I look @ receptions for my #1 and he's #1 in receptions despite fewer targets (best catch rate too). 

Nonetheless he had more receiving yards, more receptions, more 1st down receptions, a better catch rate and more yards after catch than ANTONIO BROWN as a 2nd year WR... Any comments? And please use your same exact 2020 WR evaluation while commenting too...

PS: I'll be sure to bump this thread once JuJu has 39 more receiving yards than Johnson in order to see your response, then... 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I look @ receptions for my #1 and he's #1 in receptions despite fewer targets (best catch rate too). 

Nonetheless he had more receiving yards, more receptions, more 1st down receptions, a better catch rate and more yards after catch than ANTONIO BROWN as a 2nd year WR... Any comments? And please use your same exact 2020 WR evaluation while commenting too...

PS: I'll be sure to bump this thread once JuJu has 39 more receiving yards than Johnson in order to see your response, then... 

1 Receptions per target is catch rate.  It is like saying he had more touchdowns and less interceptions.  You know what?  He also had a better TD:INT ratio.  It isn't another statistic.  It is the same statistic.

2. I never even said he wasn't their #1, just that it was up for discussion.  IMO it is Johnson.

3. YAC is not a stat that touts a guy as #1 IMO.  In fact, some of these people look at "air yards" as some great stat.  I generally look at targets because that is where the QB is looking/play is designed.  It is true that sometimes that just indicates another guy is pulling coverage.  Receptions is a fine measure if that is what you like, but these guys are all lumped so close in all these stats you could argue for any of them.  There are really four of them and Washington is the only one you couldn't make an argument for as #1.

4.  The same could be said for 2018.  JuJu had a great sophomore season.  I am sure most coaches would trade his extra 140 or so yards for Brown's extra 8 TDs.  Brown had a couple of more targets if you want to rant about that.  He also missed a game, though JuJu didn't start 3 of them.

Bump your ass off.  I am never sure if you have a comprehension problem or are intentionally taunting me.  Judging from your writing style, I am guessing the former.  You don't really know when to pick your fights.  I support your claim that Smith-Schuster is a top tier WR and top FA target.  He is not high on my list for the Jets because I feel that he is primarily a slot and prefer Crowder + Robinson/Godwin/Golladay over JuJu and whatever we get with the money we save dumping Crowder. I might even prefer Robinson+Berrios over Smith-Schuster+Perriman.  This list obviously agrees with me because it has Smith-Schuster at #12 and I think the other three were #2,#3 and #4. 

*Bonus points to you for keeping your response taut.  Minus points to me for this dissertation.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am never sure if you have a comprehension problem or are intentionally taunting me.  Judging from your writing style, I am guessing the former.  

I'm not taunting you man (you're one of my favorite posters) but you quoted me by saying "surprised I missed this one" before telling me how he's a #3 WR on Pittsburgh; when he's nothing like a #3 WR for Pittsburgh (that much I can comprehend). 

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

i get that but also to sign a guy like Juju just to cut Crowder isn't a step forward. It's like sideways 

they need to get complimentary players not just sign the fanciest names on the market 

Crowder is expensive. Maye will be expensive. Move on from both. Perriman has played well and would resign him if we could get a a cheap deal again.  Be great to draft a few burners to compliment Mims. Anthony Schwartz would be ideal and sign a guy like Godwin or Robinson.  Another excellent compliment to Mims.  Those 2 are just clutch and would be a blessing for Trevor.  Draft Freimuth TE and you got weaponz for Trevor.    

Godwin  Freimuth  Schwartz  Mims  Periman  

• Thumb Down 2

16 hours ago, win4ever said:

I was higher on JuJu when I thought Darnold might stick around long term, because of their connection.  However, I'm not sure he's going to stick around.  I think the Colts should be the target for Darnold, have cap space, a very good roster, and Pittman loved Darnold so I'm sure he will go to battle for him.   

I think Davis can evolve into a No. 2, but I'm not sure if it'd be a fit here.  I think he fits somewhere that already has a No, 1, and they can afford him to be the secondary option.  I think Green Bay would be a good fit, because Adams will take all the attention, great QB, and the coach is familiar with him.   They seem to have a lot of boom or bust guys as the No. 2 with Lazard/MVS/St. Brown so a guy like Davis could really be a steady hand.

To me, Robinson is the perfect fit for a QB like Lawrence that tends to throw back shoulder passes and some contested passes.  I think we have to go all in on surrounding a QB with talent as much as possible.  I'm hoping we go QB/OL/WR with the first three picks, so we can get say an OT in the first,  Sign Thuney/Schereff and a Center.  I want someone like Moore/Smith/Bateman that can get adjusted to the NFL a bit before being pushed into the fire.  Start off with Robinson (Gallorday or Godwin)/Mims/Crowder and have a good WR waiting in the wings with a draft pick so we can phase out Crowder.  

I'm honestly a bit surprised that Samuel hasn't better this year, but I think he will thrive in an offense that has a QB making consistent downfield throws.  Sort of like stretching vertically so the horizontal lanes are more open.  I'd love him as a 4th option on the team to be honest but I don't see us being interested unless everything falls apart or we hire like Urban Meyer.  I thought we might trade Crowder at the deadline but we didn't.  I'm sure he wants to go somewhere that has him as a featured option than be third fiddle but it'll be interesting to see.  

The appeal of Davis (to me at least) is that he is still young and I don't think he is going to command a huge contract similar to the other guys. 

For example, Spotrac is making the following FA spending projections (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/)

Robinson - 19.8 million per year for 4 years

Corey Davis - 9.8 million per year for 4 years

Fuller - 16.9 million per year for 4 years

Curtis Samuel - 11.9 million per year for 4 years

Juju - 15.5 million per year for 5 years

Godwin - 17.2 million per year for 4 years

Golladay - 19 million per year for 5 years. 

Win, I know you cover the Titans, so you know more about Davis than I do, but I just see Douglas spending $$$ on OL, edge rusher or CB (a HUGE need) prior to spending huge on a WR. I think we are more likely to see a double dip of say Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith (another Titan!). 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

The appeal of Davis (to me at least) is that he is still young and I don't think he is going to command a huge contract similar to the other guys. 

For example, Spotrac is making the following FA spending projections (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/)

Win, I know you cover the Titans, so you know more about Davis than I do, but I just see Douglas spending $$$ on OL, edge rusher or CB (a HUGE need) prior to spending huge on a WR. I think we are more likely to see a double dip of say Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith (another Titan!). 

just picking names from that list if you're choosing between Fuller and Juju (15-16 mil) i take the guy who can gamebreak every single time

Corey Davis could be a bargain and he's a physical demon but everyone in that offense benefits from the threat of Derrick Henry 

impact RB is a super sneaky but also huge need on this team 

On 12/11/2020 at 12:59 AM, David Harris said:

Dump Crowder then, One year left on an easily cuttable contract. Sign the younger player long-term

I’ve said this many times! 10.5 million savings cutting Crowder! 
Draft Devonta Smith, Deshon Moore or Waddle & let these young guys grow with TL! Juju is WAY YOUNGER than Crowder. 4 years younger! That’s a lot of years in football years. Like Dog years. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

just picking names from that list if you're choosing between Fuller and Juju (15-16 mil) i take the guy who can gamebreak every single time

Corey Davis could be a bargain and he's a physical demon but everyone in that offense benefits from the threat of Derrick Henry 

impact RB is a super sneaky but also huge need on this team 

I agree with you. If the Jets go, say, Trevor Lawrence, Rashawn Slater and Najee Harris with their first 3 picks, do you really need to spend 19 million on Robinson? You could go into next season with Harris, Mims, Crowder, Davis, Dallas Goedert, Herndon and take a flyer on Justyn Ross in the 3rd or 4th (he's going to drop because of the injury concerns). Along with a beefed up OL of Becton, Slater, McGovern, Thuney (Douglas will spend money for him) and Fant. That's a good offense.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree with you. If the Jets go, say, Trevor Lawrence, Rashawn Slater and Najee Harris with their first 3 picks, do you really need to spend 19 million on Robinson? You could go into next season with Harris, Mims, Crowder, Davis, Dallas Goedert, Herndon and take a flyer on Justyn Ross in the 3rd or 4th (he's going to drop because of the injury concerns). Along with a beefed up OL of Becton, Slater, McGovern, Thuney (Douglas will spend money for him) and Fant. That's a good offense.

if the Pats let Thuney go it's because he's physically done and they know it a year before everyone else

rifling through BB's garbage is a poor way to go through FA 

Fant is OK as utility player he's VERY upgradable as a "starting" RT 

just a gut instinct JD wants players like Clark to step up or next year's mid round version of Clark rather than break the bank for FA guards 

It's possible, really need to see how the market develops. Personally, I'd love Robinson/Thuney/Jonnu, pick an OT with the second first rounder. Add CB and see if a WR drops into the third.

We would have Becton/Clark/Center/Thuney/First Rd OT. We may have to dumpster dive at C and one G but can't rebuild in one go.

With Robinson/Mims/Crowder and Smith as weapons.

I think Jonnu might actually be a very good addition to the team. He's a good receiver that is also a very good blocker IMO. In fact, there's some arguments that Henry taking off has been partially helped by Smith taking over as the TE over Delanie Walker.

I could definitely see the team sign a WR, add Smith, and focus elsewhere to patch holes. Maybe one of the guards, then draft an OT. I'm not sure who we would even go after for a CB, because Peterson doesn't seem like a fit. Seems like a weak class, might be stuck with what we have, and hoping Hall/Jackson and others step up.