Bradley McDougald’s Jets tenure is likely over.

kmnj

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

The crux of the Jamal trade was not the acquisition of of Bradley McDougald, but the 3 high draft picks we received to dump a cancerous player that didn't want to be here and would've 100% walked away in free agency leaving us with nothing. McDougald playing well would've only been the cherry top of one already delicious sundae. Who cares if he sucks?

...a sour cherry, failing in our too-high expectations to add additional mouth watering excitement on the top of this already beautiful sundae.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

People here LOVED McDougald just a few short months ago. “Starting safety, elite in coverage” I read many times. 

To be fair, any safety will look worse without a pass rush. McDougald was a throw in, a hold the fort guy until he got hurt.  But at least his game is better than the OP’s troll game.. even though that’s not saying much.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

People here LOVED McDougald just a few short months ago. “Starting safety, elite in coverage” I read many times. 

exactly some even saying he was just as good..... now he was a jaq expected to do nothing

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Icer said:

He was a placeholder JAG and did his job, not sure what the story here is

not was lots of folks posted-he was great and going to take right over for adams...

joe was so slick to not just get the draft picks but a replacement for adams as well

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kmnj said:

exactly some even saying he was just as good..... now he was a jaq expected to do nothing

Brah who cares, he was thrown in on top of a bunch of picks. I think we all realize he couldn’t be that good if he was thrown in. Did I expect him to be better than he was? Yes? Am I upset or even disappointed? No. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

another move that failed bigly

lets hope joe actually can do something with the picks we got for adams-if he fails there(I hope he does not) he will be right there with mac and izadick

I completely disagree.  He brought in a starting safety which is a stop gap for us.  He has 2 1st round picks plus a 3rd rounder next year.  How has Adams fared so far?  He's great at rushing the passer, but no so good covering receivers and tight ends.  

I think we did quite well, regardless of McDougald.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

The crux of the Jamal trade was not the acquisition of of Bradley McDougald, but the 3 high draft picks we received to dump a cancerous player that didn't want to be here and would've 100% walked away in free agency leaving us with nothing. McDougald playing well would've only been the cherry top of one already delicious sundae. Who cares if he sucks?

I mean, joke's on you, of course, for actually bothering to explain this.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

another move that failed bigly

lets hope joe actually can do something with the picks we got for adams-if he fails there(I hope he does not) he will be right there with mac and izadick

Yeah, getting those two first round picks and a third for an always hurt safety who isn't making a difference on his team.

You're perspective is getting moronic. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

McDougald’s year with the Jets was always going to be over after this season. He is a free agent at the end of the year. 

Joke’s on him, if he has played poorly as you are intimating. Then he has cost himself money. If JD deems that he is a part that he would like to bid on for the future, then he has apparently lowered that cost.

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, getting those two first round picks and a third for an always hurt safety who isn't making a difference on his team.

You're perspective is getting moronic. 

What he got for Adams has no bearing at all on how lousy mcdougald has been, zero.

Essentially it was the adams deal and a 4th rounder for McDougald, who at the time people were praising up as being a good player.

Douglas is a very promising Gm and has made some great moves, it doesn't mean he has not made bad moves as well.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What he got for Adams has no bearing at all on how lousy mcdougald has been, zero.

Essentially it was the adams deal and a 4th rounder for McDougald, who at the time people were praising up as being a good player.

Douglas is a very promising Gm and has made some great moves, it doesn't mean he has not made bad moves as well.

It is impossible for us to tell if Seattle “made” the Jets take Mcdougald as part of the trade, or if JD asked for him, or it was a bartered piece.

Seattle is just 2 mill under the cap, so they had to move someone to help ease pressure on that cap for this year. Impossible to teal how discussions went.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is impossible for us to tell if Seattle “made” the Jets take Mcdougald as part of the trade, or if JD asked for him, or it was a bartered piece.

Seattle is just 2 mill under the cap, so they had to move someone to help ease pressure on that cap for this year. Impossible to teal how discussions went.

JD fleeced Seattle.  2 1st round picks for a DB who can’t cover is highway robbery. He figured Ashtyn Davis would not be ready and he was right — very right 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The entire secondary looks horrible, we have zero pass rush in unless QW crashes the party. We have to be last or near last in sacks. 

What are you talking about?  Maye is actually having a better year than Adams. Bryce Hall is just a rookie but he’s shown potential 

And Gase’s offense cannot ever stay on the field so these guys are running all game long